Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

How is everyone's under 12 list going, a rubbish idea really. I'm told Shepp Swans have upwards of 50 under 14's training at the moment. GVL clubs continue to field 2 sometimes 3 teams in this bracket.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

How is everyone's under 12 list going, a rubbish idea really. I'm told Shepp Swans have upwards of 50 under 14's training at the moment. GVL clubs continue to field 2 sometimes 3 teams in this bracket.

I’ll have to strongly disagree on this comment.

The Under 12 set up for 2020 is a stepping stone toward getting kids engaged in our clubs.

This season we are all looking for 9-12 kids to represent our teams in this modified competition.

If successful, it is possible that in 2021, it will progress to Under 13 football with 12-15 kids per side.

And then finally, in 2022 to Under 14 football with 15-18 per side.

To start straight up with Under 14 is not possible for a vast majority of our clubs. Now we have the possibility of starting small and growing from there.

For those unaware the 4ths comps in neighbouring leagues, started out as Senior Half time matches in the 1970s and 1980s. By the time the 1990s rolled around the Picola and Tungamah Leagues we’re running with the fully fledged Under 14s comp before the Thirds.

This is exactly what the KDL needs to build its rapport with families and to be able to better represent our communities.

Reminds me of a Henry Ford quote - “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

These steps are exactly what KDL clubs need for their own longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ll have to strongly disagree on this comment.

The Under 12 set up for 2020 is a stepping stone toward getting kids engaged in our clubs.

This season we are all looking for 9-12 kids to represent our teams in this modified competition.

If successful, it is possible that in 2021, it will progress to Under 13 football with 12-15 kids per side.

And then finally, in 2022 to Under 14 football with 15-18 per side.

To start straight up with Under 14 is not possible for a vast majority of our clubs. Now we have the possibility of starting small and growing from there.

For those unaware the 4ths comps in neighbouring leagues, started out as Senior Half time matches in the 1970s and 1980s. By the time the 1990s rolled around the Picola and Tungamah Leagues we’re running with the fully fledged Under 14s comp before the Thirds.

This is exactly what the KDL needs to build its rapport with families and to be able to better represent our communities.

Reminds me of a Henry Ford quote - “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

These steps are exactly what KDL clubs need for their own longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All it will do is decimate the SDJFL comp under 10 and under 12 comp whilst GVL Clubs cash in on all the junior registrations and training tops etc.

Whilst the GVL run around with 2-3 teams each Katandra can't attract under 14's. They are offering free rego, shorts, socks and parent membership at the club. Just absurd, all the while the big clubs cherry pick and cash in.

Let’s be honest how many clubs will have a team?
Violet Town Haven't had juniors for 4 seasons football wise so we see this as a huge positive as we have had 10-15 each year for Auskick but with no stepping stone to stay at our club they go to Euroa or Benalla or just don't play at all, Without pushing the idea too hard we look like there is more than enough to field a team with what they are asking in year 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else have picked up a graders ?
Other than reeves and Brennan ?
I don’t think u have to play AFL to be a A grader in the kdl mate, I think u will find when clearances start coming thru a few more A graders will arise.. a big ruckman in the carload from Melbourne that stanny have would be another.. I think to play gvl or major league comps in Melbs and come back to kdl u would be called an A grader.. I suppose it goes on what u have done on your resume aswell I’d say..

I don’t think u have to play AFL to be a A grader in the kdl mate, I think u will find when clearances start coming thru a few more A graders will arise.. a big ruckman in the carload from Melbourne that stanny have would be another.. I think to play gvl or major league comps in Melbs and come back to kdl u would be called an A grader.. I suppose it goes on what u have done on your resume aswell I’d say..
Sounds like a couple also in a car or 2 from Melbourne out to the roo’s 👍

headed out to ardy tonight to do a fence quote they would of had 100 or more there between netball football and supporters was a good buzz around the place.
Looked like a Couple handy players mixed amongst the group and plenty of kids on the track.
Also got to East training prior to it they had about 30 on the track ball was zipping around nice will be in the group of 4 or 5 others pushing for a top 6 spot.

Anyone brave enough to give a ladder prediction this early?

Our favourite time of year, all the clearances coming through for the 2020 season, especially at our great club!. Crawfs doing a great job keeping the flame alight, any other positives at other clubs?

Our favourite time of year, all the clearances coming through for the 2020 season, especially at our great club!. Crawfs doing a great job keeping the flame alight, any other positives at other clubs?
A Cyril Rioli appearance sounds exciting for the pussy cats as well. How much should we expect to see Crawf on the field this year?

headed out to ardy tonight to do a fence quote they would of had 100 or more there between netball football and supporters was a good buzz around the place.
Looked like a Couple handy players mixed amongst the group and plenty of kids on the track.
Also got to East training prior to it they had about 30 on the track ball was zipping around nice will be in the group of 4 or 5 others pushing for a top 6 spot.

Anyone brave enough to give a ladder prediction this early?
Plus the 10 or so blokes that are training every Thursday in Melbourne with Crawford could be a few A graders amongst them as well time will tell 🤙🏾

Remove this Banner Ad

Back