Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see that Justin McInerney's name is popping up quite a bit in Swans PR. Certainly a player who likes to run and take it on. Will watch with interest.
Ling and Stoddart not being talked about in those circles.
Nice piece on Warner.
Think the club is doing a pretty good job in ramping up interest.

53 games in and not close better hurry
Not saying he will be a "star" but even the current day stars took a few years to get rolling.
Dusty took 3 years & then started winning more of the ball.
It wasn't until his 5th year that Danger averaged 27 disposals.
Until then, in his 4th season he averaged 17 disposals.

Ollie's got plenty of time to get better & he took significant steps at the back end of last season when he had more midfield time.
He averaged 19 disposals in his third season. He has plenty of time to become what we need him to become for the club.

Chad Warner making a claim. Sounds like a kamikaze in the vein of Kirk and Bolton.
I had another look at Warner's draft footage. It might be the only Aussie Rules highlight package where the player doesn't actually kick the ball.:)

It doesn't show a complete athlete, what it does highlight is a tough footballer who seems to know his game and likes to tackle, spoil and handball.

Interesting to see that Justin McInerney's name is popping up quite a bit in Swans PR. Certainly a player who likes to run and take it on. Will watch with interest.
Ling and Stoddart not being talked about in those circles.......
Any ressie watchers care to comment on what they saw of McInerney last year because you're right, he is being mentioned a bit.

Got to be happy with last years draftees, Stephens, Gould and now Warner getting spoken about highly, on top of Blakey and Rowbottom from the previous draft. Building nicely :)

While it's good to see Warner doing well, I don't see where he fits in the 22. Possible he could be tried as a pressure forward if his attack on the man is as frenetic as it's said to be. But having him, Kennedy, Parker and Hewett all in the same midfield.... yeah, it's a no from me.
The almighty Caesar has spoken

Stirring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Florent? Star? I think he’s no where near looking a future star

Just know that many might disagree that’s fine

He’s just a player (which I don’t mean as a negative) handy club player or nice trade piece to improve the list

To me he has no elite attributes

He doesn’t get much of it
Doesn’t use it at Elite levels
No elite speed or evasive skills

But a good AFL player which not many are

Could see him being like schnieder and being shipped off mid career

He has elite resilience and character. Everything he’s done so far has come after watching his dad die during his draft year.

Warner a Smokey for r1 hey

could see Gould , Warner and Stephens in r1

let’s see how they go in the pre season games I guess

still think foot willbe a Smokey forr1
We could see a few debutants this year..
Stephens, Gould, Warner, Foot, McInerney (played 1 game), Ling, Mailbaum.. Knoll, Wicks? Im a fan of Taylor after listening to the snippets about him coming from coaches and players, but probably not this year.
Any ressie watchers care to comment on what they saw of McInerney last year because you're right, he is being mentioned a bit.

Got to be happy with last years draftees, Stephens, Gould and now Warner getting spoken about highly, on top of Blakey and Rowbottom from the previous draft. Building nicely :)
I watched McInerney in last year JLT game, he looked good and got a game early last year. Horse was speaking about him as a midfielder, he fits the mould being spoken about.. Hes very quick and has pretty good skills. Should have put on some bulk over the last 12 months too. Yep I like him and Foot.

We seem to have quite a few wingman / outside running types on our list:

Stephens, McInerney, Bell, Foot, Ling, Cunningham, Lewis Taylor, Clarke.

Struggling to see any of these players as defenders or forwards.

Add to this possibly Blakey, Dawson, and even Heeney and Lloyd playing wing on occasions.

Will be interesting to see who gets the nod and who can establish themselves in this position.

We could see a few debutants this year..
Stephens, Gould, Warner, Foot, McInerney (played 1 game), Ling, Mailbaum.. Knoll, Wicks? Im a fan of Taylor after listening to the snippets about him coming from coaches and players, but probably not this year.

I watched McInerney in last year JLT game, he looked good and got a game early last year. Horse was speaking about him as a midfielder, he fits the mould being spoken about.. Hes very quick and has pretty good skills. Should have put on some bulk over the last 12 months too. Yep I like him and Foot.

If I recall correctly our interest in McInerney was sparked because his GPS figures were through the roof. High endurance animal suited to midfield perhaps

Like Gary Ablett Jnr, who in his first 5 seasons never once averaged over 18 disposals per match over the course of a season.

Weird how this fact has been ignored 2-3 times by those saying Florent has reached his ceiling because he’s played a whopping 50 games.

Anyone of you can address it. Anyone?... hello?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird how this fact has been ignored 2-3 times by those saying Florent has reached his ceiling because he’s played a whopping 50 games.

Anyone of you can address it. Anyone?... hello?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abletts stats are entirely unrelated to florents ability

Remove this Banner Ad

Back