Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Rance is more the type of person to act a little gay so he can bang a team mates misses.

More than a little, he is clearly homosexual (NTTIAWWT).

I actually wish he had of come out like Ian Thorpe eventually did. Maybe he will in time.

Would have been great for footy to show a person's sexuality is irrelevant and would have encouraged others to do likewise.

Like racism their is no place for sexism in sport. (or anywhere)

Last edited:
More than a little, he is clearly homosexual (NTTIAWWT).

I actually wish he had of come out like Ian Thorpe eventually did. Maybe he will in time.

Would have been great for footy to show a person's sexuality is irrelevant and would have encouraged others to do likewise.

Like racism their is no place for sexism in sport. (or anywhere)
Honestly couldn’t care who he bats for, not really relevant, he’s a good player, I would have him at north.
As long as the rumours of a Carey type saga aren’t true..

Comments from Matthew Lloyd:

“(North Melbourne’s) Luke Davies-Uniacke was the best I’ve coached at junior level but he hasn’t been able to transfer it to AFL level yet, so you have to be extremely careful.

Fair or a bit harsh?

“(North Melbourne’s) Luke Davies-Uniacke was the best I’ve coached at junior level but he hasn’t been able to transfer it to AFL level yet, so you have to be extremely careful.

Fair or a bit harsh?

Just stating a fact.

Fair or a bit harsh?
Fair. Hasn't written him off, but at this point in time he's right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair or a bit harsh?
It's probably fair, but I'd expect a bloke who's coached juniors to be a little more savvy than that.

Not all kids come in and rip it up immediately, not all kids get the chance either. Anyone can see that Luke has so far been a contested ball mid in a wingman's body with questionable indurance.

The stronger and fitter he gets the better he'll be. It's probably a Cunners/Simpkin type development curve for him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

What's Lloyd said wrong?

LDU was an elite junior. He hasn't been an elite young player at AFL player in his 1st 2 seasons.

Hasn't won a club best young player award, no rising star nomination not in any votes etc.

That doesn't mean he's a failure or he's not going to become an excellent player. Just that he hasn't burst onto the scene.

Fair or a bit harsh?

What was the context? What was he saying you’ve got to be careful about? Was it putting high expectations on young players to preform straight away, or something else?

What's Lloyd said wrong?

LDU was an elite junior. He hasn't been an elite young player at AFL player in his 1st 2 seasons.

Hasn't won a club best young player award, no rising star nomination not in any votes etc.

That doesn't mean he's a failure or he's not going to become an excellent player. Just that he hasn't burst onto the scene.

Reckon Lloyd knows enough about football to know that big body mids take a bit of time to get going.

What was the context? What was he saying you’ve got to be careful about? Was it putting high expectations on young players to preform straight away, or something else?

Sorry for taking a while. I was an article where he was talking about King at the Saints being massive for them but then through the LDU example in as a cautionary tale.

What's Lloyd said wrong?

I agree with your assessment. I think we have seen glimpses of the elite player he can become and I would love to see him become an automatic best 22 player for us. Not sure whether it has been confidence, fitness, injury or a combination of all three but he doesn't stay in the game long enough. If he can build to being a 22 to 25 possessions a week player then he will be massive for us with his decision making and poise.

Sorry for taking a while. I was an article where he was talking about King at the Saints being massive for them but then through the LDU example in as a cautionary tale.

Hmmmm. So it is a negative comment. He’s not wrong but the lesson should be for him and other football experts to stop hyping up kids before they get a chance to establish themselves.....that’s our job

Hmmmm. So it is a negative comment. He’s not wrong but the lesson should be for him and other football experts to stop hyping up kids before they get a chance to establish themselves.....that’s our job

His basis for King is on a single intra club. If Lloyd had watched LDU a fortnight ago in the intra club he might have had the same opinion.

Fair or a bit harsh?

That particular Haileybury team that Lloyd coached had about 11 players who are on AFL lists now. So, it was a big call.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back