Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Does anyone think Blachowitz or Anderson stand a chance against Jones? I reckon Reyes finishes both of them

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Certainly think Anderson is the better fighter, the guy already beat him and will likely do the same. Jans fame is largely off the Rockhold ko.
I tend to have the opposite opinion. I think Jan is the more well rounded fighter and stands a better chance against Jones. His TDD has greatly improved and I think he'll keep Anderson off him this time around.

Watch me get proved completely wrong this weekend now..

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone think Blachowitz or Anderson stand a chance against Jones? I reckon Reyes finishes both of them
Both guys probably compete pretty well against Jones in the early rounds, but then fade out in rounds 4 and 5 (and perhaps 3). Looking forward to Anderson v Jan this weekend (5 rounder). Pretty good fn tbh.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Corey Anderson’s performance against Johnny Walker has to be in my top ten performances for 2019, was stunning.

Jorge Masvidal v Ben Askren probably the no1 without thinking deeply.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
A 5 second knee doesn't say much about the performance. As in it isn't dominant, or tell us anything. It was a great moment but not performance (if that makes sense) IMO

A great, dominant performance is like Conor against Eddie. Eddie just got nothing going due to how good Conor was that night...

I don't think either beat Jones FWIW. Jan doesn't have the volume or power and Anderson doesn't have the boxing or strong enough wrestling. His wrestling is good but not against Jones. That said, Anderson has more of a chance I think

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
A 5 second knee doesn't say much about the performance. As in it isn't dominant, or tell us anything. It was a great moment but not performance (if that makes sense) IMO

A great, dominant performance is like Conor against Eddie. Eddie just got nothing going due to how good Conor was that night...

I don't think either beat Jones FWIW. Jan doesn't have the volume or power and Anderson doesn't have the boxing or strong enough wrestling. His wrestling is good but not against Jones. That said, Anderson has more of a chance I think
Yeah Masvidal destroying Diaz was more impressive

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah Masvidal destroying Diaz was more impressive
Biggest bet of the year on Mas that day. $1.65ish from memory, an absolute gift. Gave a fair chunk of it back when Holloway lost to Volkanovski which is a performance worth mentioning as a really good one of 2019. The 145lb goat didn't get a lot going that fight...

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Masdival over Askren definitely knock out of the year.

Performance of the year? No way.

Askren is 1-2 in ufc and that could easily be 0-3.

Performances of the year IMO:
Izzy defeating Gastelum
Cejudo defeating Moraes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Blaschowicz KO’s Andersen and calls out Jones.
Just to let you know.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Does anyone actually have fight pass?

do you get the entire ppv of old cards or just the fights? The value doesn’t seem bad, I mean you don’t need it in any way but still.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah but I rarely use it.

The thing is I don't really watch TV, and apart from AFL and F1 (and some Test cricket), I don't really have any screen-related hobbies or interests, so I got the UFC fight pass to give me something to watch when I just want to sit on the couch and be a lazy ****, which is rare these days.

As somebody who is still mostly a casual, and only began watching regularly in the last couple of years, it has been good to go back and watch classic fights, especially because in most cases I don't even know the outcome of whatever fight I'm about to watch.

Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, I've only gotten up to speed on these kinds of dudes thanks to Fight Pass. It is **** all money tbh fam, $10/m or something.

Plus I stream or watch PPVs at pubs, so it makes me feel better to know that I'm at least putting some money where my mouth is. I'm an independent content creator myself and I rely on the subscription model for my work, so I do kinda have to pay my way for stuff I support, if you get what I mean. And UFC is an awesome product these days. Today maybe not so much, but you get what I mean.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

do you get the entire ppv of old cards or just the fights? The value doesn’t seem bad, I mean you don’t need it in any way but still.
Give it a go for 1 month, it's great value, especially if you time it right. For instance if you start it next Sunday morning you will get 5 ufc events in the month...4 whole fn's and the prelims of 248. I purchase 3 or so 'one month' subscriptions per year.
You get access to the library which has older ppv's (entire show), etc. Plus a heap of live events from quite a few other fight promotions.
Always nice to view on the big screen of a tv (I have the ufc app on my Samsung tv).
Can also watch from phone app.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Give it a go for 1 month, it's great value, especially if you time it right. For instance if you start it next Sunday morning you will get 5 ufc events in the month...4 whole fn's and the prelims of 248. I purchase 3 or so 'one month' subscriptions per year.
You get access to the library which has older ppv's (entire show), etc. Plus a heap of live events from quite a few other fight promotions.
Always nice to view on the big screen of a tv (I have the ufc app on my Samsung tv).
Can also watch from phone app.
I do already have Kayo so I get all the fights nights on that anyway, so it is tough to justify both. But watching old fights in HD easily would probably be worth it for a try.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah but I rarely use it.

The thing is I don't really watch TV, and apart from AFL and F1 (and some Test cricket), I don't really have any screen-related hobbies or interests, so I got the UFC fight pass to give me something to watch when I just want to sit on the couch and be a lazy ****, which is rare these days.

As somebody who is still mostly a casual, and only began watching regularly in the last couple of years, it has been good to go back and watch classic fights, especially because in most cases I don't even know the outcome of whatever fight I'm about to watch.

Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, I've only gotten up to speed on these kinds of dudes thanks to Fight Pass. It is **** all money tbh fam, $10/m or something.

Plus I stream or watch PPVs at pubs, so it makes me feel better to know that I'm at least putting some money where my mouth is. I'm an independent content creator myself and I rely on the subscription model for my work, so I do kinda have to pay my way for stuff I support, if you get what I mean. And UFC is an awesome product these days. Today maybe not so much, but you get what I mean.
I feel you, even when I occasionally buy a ppv im not particularly unhappy, the UFC brings me a lot of enjoyment so particularly when the best fighters in the world are on display I don’t mind paying.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I pay for the big cards but they're getting rare. Probably will for Khabib-Tony but the last few and the next one are weak as piss by PPV standards
The product is very watered down now. Turning into boxing with 1 fight worth watching per card...

I think that's their model now though. Just sh1t out content, they don't expect you to watch it all but expect overall ratings to be solid regardless. No one watches every NBA game but the content is there for whoever wants to watch. Turning me into a 'casual' and I've watched this since pre TUF 1

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I pay for the big cards but they're getting rare. Probably will for Khabib-Tony but the last few and the next one are weak as piss by PPV standards
The product is very watered down now. Turning into boxing with 1 fight worth watching per card...

I think that's their model now though. Just sh1t out content, they don't expect you to watch it all but expect overall ratings to be solid regardless. No one watches every NBA game but the content is there for whoever wants to watch. Turning me into a 'casual' and I've watched this since pre TUF 1
Well if they have a big headliner like Tony Khabib they don’t have any need to add extra big fights as it won’t lead to a great deal more sales, it’s business

In some locations outside the main North American cities they can put a really weak card up as long as they can sell bulk tickets through local fighters

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well if they have a big headliner like Tony Khabib they don’t have any need to add extra big fights as it won’t lead to a great deal more sales, it’s business

In some locations outside the main North American cities they can put a really weak card up as long as they can sell bulk tickets through local fighters
Part of the appeal of UFC PPV v boxing ones was stacked cards. You got 4-5 good fights for the price rather than just one

That's slowly stopped to the point the norm is one good fight. It's smart business until people stop caring and you're not creating new stars we pay to see because the majority is just watching 1 fight per card

Remove this Banner Ad

Back