EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A contract is subject to the employer and the person signing, any clause can be added in as long as both parties are happy. I work with contracts for a living trust me it can be done and if there was a coaches clause incorporated in the contract he could get out quite easily.

It’s pretty simple really. The player signed a 2 year contract. The contract is to play at the club, not under a certain coach. Mernda are in their rights to hold the player. Unfortunately Roxy don’t have a leg to stand on at appeal. They are much better to try and negotiate something with the other club

It’s pretty simple really. The player signed a 2 year contract. The contract is to play at the club, not under a certain coach. Mernda are in their rights to hold the player. Unfortunately Roxy don’t have a leg to stand on at appeal. They are much better to try and negotiate something with the other club
Exactly right. Pay Mernda a couple thousand and move on... will probably cost that appealing and getting rejected anyway.

How did APW go against strathmore last night? heard they had a hit out, not sure if true or not.

Was a mixed training and match sim session, not a practice match per se

Makes sense, they look any good with all the players they lost you think? or wont be as competitive as their last stint in div 1?

Makes sense, they look any good with all the players they lost you think? or wont be as competitive as their last stint in div 1?

APW?

Two things that struck me were how tall they were and also the obvious camaraderie among their group.

Impossible to rate how competitive they will be with both sides playing lots of U19s and/or fringe players. It really was more a training run.

APW?

Two things that struck me were how tall they were and also the obvious camaraderie among their group.

Impossible to rate how competitive they will be with both sides playing lots of U19s and/or fringe players. It really was more a training run.
Thats awesome comps going to be so good to watch this season.

I may just make a note to do that and see this double storey palace being built within the next 12 months ( yeah right ha ha) - Don't get me started on the price tag - We can't even get Council to fix footpath trip hazards or additional safety lights around the city of moonee valley for the elderly.

Anyway, All EK have to do is lose ONE home game and this can be blamed on many circumstances including the portable environment - as they were undefeated at home last year ! I will concede if they go through undefeated but as we all know, game day starts on the training track - tuesday/thursdays and it will be great in the middle of winter hovering around the portables !!
I drove past EK again last week - 2 months since my last trip. I hope they finish this Palace before they plan to go up to premier division in 2023 !! I have seen the plans as well- looks fantastic and a great facility for community use. At least they have removed the old structure in that time, But it looks like a very slow process !! Be great when finished though, hopefully it is looked after considering the $$$ that will be spent.

APW?

It’s a risk to play a neighbouring club as if Strathmore were to notice a standout from APW it’s “possible” they could try and poach them with the promise of playing higher grade footy for some extra coin. I’m not implying Strathmore would do this or it relates to SM but more a general observation of what can happen.

Im sure Housey has some contacts at Strathmore and don’t mind the thought process behind it. I’m sure he will build a good group and develop a good game plan and that’s where I believe APW have an advantage as on paper his the best credentialed coach in div1 by a fair way..

I drove past EK again last week - 2 months since my last trip. I hope they finish this Palace before they plan to go up to premier division in 2023 !! I have seen the plans as well- looks fantastic and a great facility for community use. At least they have removed the old structure in that time, But it looks like a very slow process !! Be great when finished though, hopefully it is looked after considering the $$$ that will be spent.
I hope there is no balcony/2nd level as if EK don’t win it this year there could be so fatalities off the balcony post finals. 😂😂😂😂
PS: I best not go up there either.. 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a risk to play a neighbouring club as if Strathmore were to notice a standout from APW it’s “possible” they could try and poach them with the promise of playing higher grade footy for some extra coin. I’m not implying Strathmore would do this or it relates to SM but more a general observation of what can happen.

Im sure Housey has some contacts at Strathmore and don’t mind the thought process behind it. I’m sure he will build a good group and develop a good game plan and that’s where I believe APW have an advantage as on paper his the best credentialed coach in div1 by a fair way..

You really are a "glass half empty" kind of guy Turbo. APW could be really careful and not take the field this year just in case another club tries to poach one of its players :rolleyes:

In reality it was a good hit out for two clubs respectful of each other and not playing in the same division. Nothing more to be read into it.

Given Pacco has recruited Le Favi, Aulja, Archer & Johncock from Div1 clubs, I understand why Turbo thinks that all clubs may operate this way.;)

He coached as an assistant at Strathmore and his network is large

Donald D

Turbo, curious to know what House credentials are. To my knowledge he has coached senior footy for a total of 1 year. So this is his second year of coaching senior footy 🤷‍♂️

He coached as an assistant at Strathmore and his network is large

Donald D

I remember House going to Strathmore as a player and leaving after about 6 rounds because he wasn’t up to it.
Didn’t make too many friends on the way out either if rumours are true.

what year was he assistant and which coach was he under ?

will be interesting to see how he goes, obviously did a great job at Nth Heidelberg and is doing level 3 I believe. APW lost some key players and not much back in ?

east keilor would have to be red hot favourites, should be far and away too classy for rest of the league. Not even Pat can stop them this year

Donald D
[/QUOTE]

Turbo, curious to know what House credentials are. To my knowledge he has coached senior footy for a total of 1 year. So this is his second year of coaching senior footy 🤷‍♂️
Mate, he coached Nth Heideiberg into finals in 2018 in div1 (equivalent to EDFL premier) in there first season back up after winning a Div2 Premiership. Not sure that’s been done to many times. Has any other div1 coach coached at premier level?? So that’s my reason.

They have recruited reasonably well and picked up Limbach so a pretty strong forward line with Young which undoubtedly the best in div1.

I remember House going to Strathmore as a player and leaving after about 6 rounds because he wasn’t up to it.
Didn’t make too many friends on the way out either if rumours are true.

what year was he assistant and which coach was he under ?

will be interesting to see how he goes, obviously did a great job at Nth Heidelberg and is doing level 3 I believe. APW lost some key players and not much back in ?

east keilor would have to be red hot favourites, should be far and away too classy for rest of the league. Not even Pat can stop them this year

Donald D
[/QUOTE]

My understanding is it was his brother that left after round 6 and Jimmy House was assistant under Craig Clinnick at one stage. Jimmy never played for strathmore and he must have made friends at SM if they took up his offer to come to APW football club and host them.

Believe Jimmy is director of football at Essendon Grammar.

Over the past 3 weeks he has also ventured interstate and spent sessions with Brisbane Lions and the Gold Coast suns with their coaching staff.

Don’t think his intending to be coaching in div1 for to long so expect to see APW contend for the premiership..

Given Pacco has recruited Le Favi, Aulja, Archer & Johncock from Div1 clubs, I understand why Turbo thinks that all clubs may operate this way.;)

Haha.. I thought my post was fair and not directed at SM as a club. It’s why clubs usually play practice matches against teams from other leagues however I do understand this game was different and not a practice match.
It wasn’t so much known players but maybe others.
McGuane used to talk to players during interleague coaching..

I reply to your actual players mentioned.
Le Favi- is now back at APW but that’s all I will say.
Aulja- wanted to play in the highest division and Paco we’re lucky enough to win his services. Just unfortunate for APW but he only played 1 year there and played his part. Not sure we can question that one!
Archer- His to good to playing div1 footy. Wanted to stay in premier and came with the coach. I think that
Johncock- Came with the coach as well. Preformed well from all reports but heading back to div1 standard at his former club.

anyway who cares but thought I would give you a reply BJ.

My understanding is it was his brother that left after round 6 and Jimmy House was assistant under Craig Clinnick at one stage. Jimmy never played for strathmore and he must have made friends at SM if they took up his offer to come to APW football club and host them.

Believe Jimmy is director of football at Essendon Grammar.

Over the past 3 weeks he has also ventured interstate and spent sessions with Brisbane Lions and the Gold Coast suns with their coaching staff.

Don’t think his intending to be coaching in div1 for to long so expect to see APW contend for the premiership..
[/QUOTE]

Jimmy played at S’more and left early in the season. His brother did it a long time after Jimmy did!!

well if he isn’t intending on coaching in Div.1 for long then APW must Be going to win the flag. Simple 🤣

Happy to be corrected if that’s wrong about him playing at Strathmore Turbo ?
but if it’s true can we all hear you say you got one wrong ? 😂😂😂

You really are a "glass half empty" kind of guy Turbo. APW could be really careful and not take the field this year just in case another club tries to poach one of its players :rolleyes:

In reality it was a good hit out for two clubs respectful of each other and not playing in the same division. Nothing more to be read into it.
Very generous saying “half empty “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back