EDFL Div 1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoozeBud

Senior List
Nov 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate, he coached Nth Heideiberg into finals in 2018 in div1 (equivalent to EDFL premier) in there first season back up after winning a Div2 Premiership. Not sure that’s been done to many times. Has any other div1 coach coached at premier level?? So that’s my reason.

They have recruited reasonably well and picked up Limbach so a pretty strong forward line with Young which undoubtedly the best in div1.

Didn’t he have Harvey at Heidelberg??? Harvey probably coached the team....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Edfl fix

Draftee
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Harvey was there part time buy House was coach and did a good job to get them into the finals first year back up..He obviously has sonething going for him and it’s enthusiasm and being able to engage players..
Turbo you rate House very highly so he must go alright😁.
You must have been very disappointed your team Hillside didn’t follow through with appointing him after he was more or less across the line there?

BoozeBud

Senior List
Nov 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Harvey was there part time buy House was coach and did a good job to get them into the finals first year back up..He obviously has sonething going for him and it’s enthusiasm and being able to engage players..

I heard hillside turned him down after calling his previous employers who had nothing but negative things to say... not sure how accurate that is but if he is as good as your saying Hillside would of jumped on him.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I heard hillside turned him down after calling his previous employers who had nothing but negative things to say... not sure how accurate that is but if he is as good as your saying Hillside would of jumped on him.

Not true BB. Anyway next subject as this has become personal as im sure some other coaches might not rate him as high as me but I was just stating some facts based on credentials. If other coaches think they rate higher well let’s see how the year plays out or maybe some should try and get an appointment at a higher level of football.
cheers

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Personally think they should have as he would have been great for a young group, but the stars didn’t align and you both move in other directions I guess. Remember he was appointed late as both APW and HS were slow to move on coaching appointments for different reasons.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Haha.. I thought my post was fair and not directed at SM as a club. It’s why clubs usually play practice matches against teams from other leagues however I do understand this game was different and not a practice match.
It wasn’t so much known players but maybe others.
McGuane used to talk to players during interleague coaching..

I reply to your actual players mentioned.
Le Favi- is now back at APW but that’s all I will say.
Aulja- wanted to play in the highest division and Paco we’re lucky enough to win his services. Just unfortunate for APW but he only played 1 year there and played his part. Not sure we can question that one!
Archer- His to good to playing div1 footy. Wanted to stay in premier and came with the coach. I think that
Johncock- Came with the coach as well. Preformed well from all reports but heading back to div1 standard at his former club.

anyway who cares but thought I would give you a reply BJ.
I'll be honest - I was just being a smartarse.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Swoopingtime

All Australian
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate, he coached Nth Heideiberg into finals in 2018 in div1 (equivalent to EDFL premier) in there first season back up after winning a Div2 Premiership. Not sure that’s been done to many times. Has any other div1 coach coached at premier level?? So that’s my reason.

They have recruited reasonably well and picked up Limbach so a pretty strong forward line with Young which undoubtedly the best in div1.
Had a pretty good side to coach at North Heidelberg. It's good that his misses has let him coach again.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Had a pretty good side to coach at North Heidelberg. It's good that his misses has let him coach again.
They did better than most predicted mate. Best we leave the other personal family stuff alone don’t you think. It’s all there for people to read if you google stuff. He obviously still has a passion to coach so good on him.

Gremlin77

Club Legend
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
They did better than most predicted mate. Best we leave the other personal family stuff alone don’t you think. It’s all there for people to read if you google stuff. He obviously still has a passion to coach so good on him.

Agree Turbo. His personal life has nothing to with his coaching.

will be very interested to see how he goes. He certainly sells himself well but is it all bluff ? at the very least he divides opinions. Time and results will tell the real story at APW.

Why wasn’t he appointed at Hillside ? How did Hillside end up with a very underwhelming coach despite having good foundation, money and young talented list ?
they were the first club in the market for a coach and last to appoint, why ?

Donald D

Senior List
Sep 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember House going to Strathmore as a player and leaving after about 6 rounds because he wasn’t up to it.
Didn’t make too many friends on the way out either if rumours are true.

what year was he assistant and which coach was he under ?

will be interesting to see how he goes, obviously did a great job at Nth Heidelberg and is doing level 3 I believe. APW lost some key players and not much back in ?

east keilor would have to be red hot favourites, should be far and away too classy for rest of the league. Not even Pat can stop them this year

Donald D
[/QUOTE]Coached under Clinnick not sure what year

Donald D

Donald D

Senior List
Sep 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

My understanding is it was his brother that left after round 6 and Jimmy House was assistant under Craig Clinnick at one stage. Jimmy never played for strathmore and he must have made friends at SM if they took up his offer to come to APW football club and host them.

Believe Jimmy is director of football at Essendon Grammar.

Over the past 3 weeks he has also ventured interstate and spent sessions with Brisbane Lions and the Gold Coast suns with their coaching staff.

Don’t think his intending to be coaching in div1 for to long so expect to see APW contend for the premiership..[/QUOTE]As i said his network is vast and he is a hunter always looking for ways to improve his coaching craft

Donald D

Donald D

Senior List
Sep 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree Turbo. His personal life has nothing to with his coaching.

will be very interested to see how he goes. He certainly sells himself well but is it all bluff ? at the very least he divides opinions. Time and results will tell the real story at APW.

Why wasn’t he appointed at Hillside ? How did Hillside end up with a very underwhelming coach despite having good foundation, money and young talented list ?
they were the first club in the market for a coach and last to appoint, why ?
Apparently they interviewed 10-12 candidates

Donald D

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently they interviewed 10-12 candidates

Donald D
Not sure that’s true with regards to the senior coaching position if your talking about sit down interviews. Other than being outside the metro and driving on the calder at peak hour it was a prime job for someone imo.

CouldNotPlay

Senior List
Apr 6, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a great day at Highgate yesterday for the Bushfire Appeal game.
Jumpers looked fantastic.
Great crowd, plenty of food and drinks.
Both games played in good spirits and was entertaining to watch.
Credit goes to all involved.
Special mention to Roxburgh Park FC....this clubs seems to have really changed it's culture from many years ago.
Nothing but positive news coming from and for them, great to hear.

Start Again

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Special mention to Roxburgh Park FC....this clubs seems to have really changed it's culture from many years ago.
Great to hear
Who played well
Was there any injuries
I was at the rdfl game where it looks as if there was a couple of a serious injuries unfortunately

CouldNotPlay

Senior List
Apr 6, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great to hear
Who played well
Was there any injuries
I was at the rdfl game where it looks as if there was a couple of a serious injuries unfortunately

Everyone got a bit of the ball as the game was played at about 75% but Elliott from Roxburgh Park won the BOG medal.
No injuries in either mens or womens game at Highgate.
Actually first time I've been to that ground and it wasn't windy, near perfect conditions except for a few soft spots.
Who were the injured players ?

Start Again

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Everyone got a bit of the ball as the game was played at about 75% but Elliott from Roxburgh Park won the BOG medal.
No injuries in either mens or womens game at Highgate.
Actually first time I've been to that ground and it wasn't windy, near perfect conditions except for a few soft spots.
Who were the injured players ?
Young Sinclair from Melton was one and another one with a suspected broken leg

Uptherox

All Australian
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was a brilliant day with a good crowd of between 2-2.5k. Everyone played it on the right spirit and the day went off without a hitch. I know there was some negativity about it not drawing a crowd but the stands were full and the hill on the far side was packed

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My North

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Now will any of the money $ raised go towards the people affected by the fires or will sit in the government coffers forever in a day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back