Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why is the Maj thread locked? I wanted to post that he’s killing it and I reckon he’ll be in the rd 1 team. Please tell me we didn’t have reptiles trolling in there..

I’ve asked this heaps of times to mates and haven’t had a satisfactory response.

Scenario:

Player takes mark / receives free kick just inside field of play.

Player gets back off his mark to take kick, which takes him over the boundary line.

(So far so good)

Player takes up allotted time and is called to play on. He then takes his kick (starting run up from beyond field of play).

My opinion: if you’re called to play on from beyond field of play the boundary umpire should immediately call out of bounds.

Likewise, if a player deviates off the mark by running directly along the boundary to kick long down the line (again, starting from beyond the boundary) it should immediately be called out of bounds.

I see it every week and it’s never called. Which is fine, if just like to know whether it a bit of commons sense umpiring to let the game flow, or if I’m missing something....

If there’s a weird rule I’m not aware of that makes the ball ‘in play’ for the scenarios listed above then in theory there’s nothing stopping said player from being tackled and pinned for holding the ball after never entering the field of play...

Horrie old mate, please don't get sucked in by this bullshit.

Here is where the temperature was recorded:

View attachment 822621

This DOES NOT constitute "Antarctica"

Snake old mate. I am not sucked in by anyone or anything. I am my own man. I form my own opinions on all matters that interest me. I am first and foremost a man of science (mathematics and statistics) and I make up my mind on matters like this based on the science.

Clearly though you do not base your views on fact, let alone based on science, if you think that a spot on a peninsula which is part of Antarctica, is not a part of Antarctica. Refer to the description below.

"Esperanza Base (Spanish: Base Esperanza, 'Hope Base') is a permanent, all-year-round Argentine research station in Hope Bay, Trinity Peninsula (in Graham Land on the Antarctic Peninsula). It is one of only two civilian settlements in Antarctica (the other being the Chilean Villa Las Estrellas)."

Yes I know you don't subscribe to the effects of climate change caused by global warming and if you want to bury your head in the sand then please carry on.

Personally I would rather rely on the scientific work carried out by people like Professor Chris Turney of the University of New South Wales.

But then again maybe you know more than the Professor. :rolleyes:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Snake old mate. I am not sucked in by anyone or anything. I am my own man. I form my own opinions on all matters that interest me. I am first and foremost a man of science (mathematics and statistics) and I make up my mind on matters like this based on the science.

Clearly though you do not base your views on fact, let alone based on science, if you think that a spot on a peninsula which is part of Antarctica, is not a part of Antarctica. Refer to the description below.

"Esperanza Base (Spanish: Base Esperanza, 'Hope Base') is a permanent, all-year-round Argentine research station in Hope Bay, Trinity Peninsula (in Graham Land on the Antarctic Peninsula). It is one of only two civilian settlements in Antarctica (the other being the Chilean Villa Las Estrellas)."

Yes I know you don't subscribe to the effects of climate change caused by global warming and if you want to bury your head in the sand then please carry on.

Personally I would rather rely on the scientific work carried out by people like Professor Chris Turney of the University of New South Wales.

What the * is this waffle supposed to be about?

Turney is a ****ing "Paleoclimatologist", which is an academic term for "W@NKER".

Did you happen across an old bag of Durban Poison that was stooked away for the past 30 years? Back out of this one, and forget you ever made that post.

Yeah. I do. He's a sociologist masquerading as a "scientist".

You see this thing here?

1581680090192.png

THis is an ACTUAL "Professor" at Cambridge University who is calling for the extinction of the human race. Will you bow to her "academic authority" and start proceedings?

Last edited:
What the fu** is this waffle supposed to be about?

Turney is a ****ing "Paleoclimatologist", which is an academic term for "W@NKER". I am an actual scientist Horace. I'm PAID to do molecular physics.

Did you happen across an old bag of Durban Poison that was stooked away for the past 30 years? Back out of this one, and forget you ever made that post.

Yeah. I do. He's a sociologist masquerading as a "scientist".

You see this thing here?

View attachment 822958

THis is an ACTUAL "Professor" at Cambridge University who is calling for the extinction of the human race. Will you bow to her "academic authority" and start proceedings?

She may well be onto something now you come to think about it. Might save all of the other species left in the world after the human race has done such a great job of stuffing up the climate.

Well she is a "professor", so everything she states automatically becomes law.

Did I say that? Very perplexing if I did.

But leaving that aside, clearly then, as I am not a "molecular physicist" then I must defer to your superior knowledge (on everything known to humankind and doubtless also everything not known to humankind) and just for a moment, lets also defer to your notion that Esperanza Base has been excised off from the rest of Antarctica, then please explain why in the last few days, it has twice achieved record high temperatures of 18.5 degrees and then shortly afterwards, 20 degrees celsius.

With that expert superiority as a molecular physicist, please enlighten the rest of us as to what might be the reason for these record high temperatures at Esperanza Base, (not to mention the melting of the Polar icecaps). You might care to expand on all of the other strange climatic events occurring around the world. Cant wait to be enlightened.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Did I say that? Very perplexing if I did.

But leaving that aside, clearly then, as I am not a "molecular physicist" then I must defer to your superior knowledge (on everything known to humankind and doubtless also everything not known to humankind) and just for a moment, lets also defer to your notion that Esperanza Base has been excised off from the rest of Antarctica, then please explain why in the last few days, it has twice achieved record high temperatures of 18.5 degrees and then shortly afterwards, 20 degrees celsius.

With that expert superiority as a molecular physicist, please enlighten the rest of us as to what might be the reason for these record high temperatures at Esperanza Base, (not to mention the melting of the Polar icecaps). You might care to expand on all of the other strange climatic events occurring around the world. Cant wait to be enlightened.

Blah, blah, blah.

IMO, you're just posing for the resident SJW clique, but if you are serious about this topic, then head over here and give it your best shot:

I'll be waiting for you.;)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And funnily enough they love him. Will get re-elected.

Sad indictment on the american education system.

Indeed. Look no further than what it has done to the democrats.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And funnily enough they love him. Will get re-elected.

Sad indictment on the american education system.

There’s people who agree with him. A large chunk of his base are evangelicals who think only god can effect climate change. Another large chunk of his base are just ignorant. Then there’s the rest who just think he’s funny and want to own the left.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There’s people who agree with him. A large chunk of his base are evangelicals who think only god can effect climate change. Another large chunk of his base are just ignorant. Then there’s the rest who just think he’s funny and want to own the left.

IMO, an even larger chunk are everyday folks who cannot stand "woke" politics, and vote for Trump as a means of protest.

Pretty much the same thing that keeps the Labor Party's out of power in Australia and Britain.

Blah, blah, blah.

IMO, you're just posing for the resident SJW clique, but if you are serious about this topic, then head over here and give it your best shot:

I'll be waiting for you.;)

So you as usual you offer NOTHING. All you do when someone has a different view to you, which you don't like, is that you denigrate, deflect and NEVER EVER answer the question.

The question was:

"lets also defer to your notion that Esperanza Base has been excised off from the rest of Antarctica, then please explain why in the last few days, it has twice achieved record high temperatures of 18.5 degrees and then shortly afterwards, 20 degrees celsius.

Yes. I'm waiting too. For you to answer that question.

I know, you won't answer. So much for your superiority as a molecular physicist.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
IMO, an even larger chunk are everyday folks who cannot stand "woke" politics, and vote for Trump as a means of protest.

Pretty much the same thing that keeps the Labor Party's out of power in Australia and Britain.

Yeah for sure. That only applies to some Democrat candidates, ironically it’s the ones that don’t try to run on woke politics that they’re hell bent on stopping, like Bernie and Gabbard.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeah for sure. That only applies to some Democrat candidates, ironically it’s the ones that don’t try to run on woke politics that they’re hell bent on stopping, like Bernie and Gabbard.

Of course!

They're the ones that could actually ****ing win!!!!

I will repeat this time and time again, the elephant in the room for western left wing politics is their inability to clean house!!!!!!

They are completely ****ed until they have their own "night of the long knives"

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Of course!

They're the ones that could actually ****ing win!!!!

I will repeat this time and time again, the elephant in the room for western left wing politics is their inability to clean house!!!!!!

They are completely ****ed until they have their own "night of the long knives"

Man that s**t show in Iowa showed everybody their corruption. Have you watched the coin toss? The whole thing stunk but man that was bad.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Man that s**t show in Iowa showed everybody their corruption. Have you watched the coin toss? The whole thing stunk but man that was bad.

It's not as if the other mob don't get up to the same bullshit. It's indicative of the intelligence of the population.

People really DO get the politicians they deserve.

She may well be onto something now you come to think about it. Might save all of the other species left in the world after the human race has done such a great job of stuffing up the climate.

It’s a very interesting idea and it is something worthy of contemplation. However, you just know how it would play out in reality. It would be a “targeted” phase out. The very people the professor advocates for would be the first to go. In principle, this could be a great idea. However, the greedy bastards of the world would hijack it in the same way that any idealist philosophy gets destroyed. Overall, I believe it should be viewed as a thought provoking exercise that could never be implemented in the intended manner.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back