Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemon Boi
-This is the song contest ABE and others were talking about last night.
The next round should start tomorrow (with a 24 hour window to nom)
Join in - it’s fun :)
I miss being a regular

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
You need more fibre in your diet.
cf2e3dc58b0a241826b889c013aa5632.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are others boting straight up for the best song or are the weighting the 'guilty pleasure' qualities ?
I'm weighting them, moooooderately heavily.
If I don't think they'd fare poorly in a regular round they get some punishment.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Are others boting straight up for the best song or are the weighting the 'guilty pleasure' qualities ?

My song is the perfect mix of a good song but also a guilty pleasure, it ticks both boxes.

If it doesn't win or at least get a podium I will put Back One Out and Harvey Manfrenjensenden to shame with my melts.

PFFT

GET YER YA-YAS OUT IS RUBBISH

ALL STONES LIVE ALBUMS ARE s**t

I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANY LIVE RECORDING OF THEIRS WHICH IMPROVED UPON THE ORIGINAL STUDIO VERSION

MOST LIVE ALBUMS ARE WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL STUDIO VERSIONS, YOU LISTEN TO THEM TO GET A FEEL OF HOW THAT BAND SOUNDED LIVE.

THE STONES COULD STILL CUT IT LIVE EVEN WHEN THEY WERE DEALING WITH THE ALTAMONT CHAOS AND GROUPIES RUNNING ON STAGE.

AT THEIR PEAK THEY WERE THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD, NO ONE ELSE HAS TOPPED THEM INCLUDING THE WHO AND LED ZEPPELIN IMHO.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
The Who were trumped though by The Stones live album Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out which was released about 6 months later.
As much as I love the Stones, I disagree on the trumped part. They are my 2 favourite live albums. Almost impossible to split.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
MOST LIVE ALBUMS ARE WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL STUDIO VERSIONS. YOU LISTEN TO THEM TO GET A FEEL OF HOW THAT BAND SOUNDED LIVE.

THE STONES COULD STILL CUT IT LIVE EVEN WHEN THEY WERE DEALING WITH THE ALTAMONT CHAOS AND GROUPIES RUNNING ON STAGE.

AT THEIR PEAK THEY WERE THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD, NO ONE ELSE HAS TOPPED THEM INCLUDING THE WHO AND LED ZEPPELIN IMHO.
LOL

KEITH RICHARDS WAS A SLOPPY PLAYER ALWAYS OFF HIS **** AND NOT THAT GREAT TO BEGIN WITH
AND JAGGER IS JUST HORRIBLE ON THOSE LIVE ALBUMS. A-GRADE CLOWN.

KEEF AND MICK WROTE GREAT SONGS - STONES WERE A GREAT BAND - BUT THEY LET THEMSELVES DOWN WITH THE DRUGS AND EGOTISM AND IT DETRACTED FROM THEIR PERFORMANCES

DEEP PURPLE (MKII) s**t ALL OVER ROLLING STONES AS A LIVE BAND

EASILY THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD AT THEIR PEAK FROM 1970-1973

BEST LIVE ALBUM:
220px-Deep_Purple_Made_in_Japan.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back