Zidane and Moomba's FFP chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't strawman.

CAS have already said that it expects the AC to consider the procedural flaws in it's judgement and that we have the right to appeal those issues to CAS if they want.

At the end of the day theres enough evidence to see you banned for 2 years and fined 30 million euros after a 12 month investigation.

All this talk of procedural fairness is a red herring and looks like attempts by the guilty party (City) to slow down and undermine the investigation into them.

I have sympathy for fans and players of the club; they did nothing to deserve this.

I dont have much time for those that still defend club management after they have already been caught cheating (admitting the offence) and now caught again. Just cannot understand why any City fan isnt beating the door down at HQ and demanding answers.

This is hilarious. Not because Man City got ‘caught’ (funny how it takes a ‘leak’, from a German media source) but because Chelsea and Man City are the only ones getting investigated.
Got to be absolutely ignorant and blind to see Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern been doing this for years. But because their teams are essentially funded by their national governments, untouchables.
What a farce. Extend all these investigations to the dealings of Barcelona. Coutinho getting sold then Neymar for overinflated wages plus Messi’s tax dodge, I know it’s not apart of it, but it just shows the hypocrisy.

Chelsea weren't investigated for FFP. PSG were.

Real/Barca need looking into. Bayern are nothing like them, part fan owned and probably close to being the most self sustaining club in Europe.

At the end of the day theres enough evidence to see you banned for 2 years and fined 30 million euros after a 12 month investigation.

All this talk of procedural fairness is a red herring and looks like attempts by the guilty party (City) to slow down and undermine the investigation into them.

I have sympathy for fans and players of the club; they did nothing to deserve this.

I dont have much time for those that still defend club management after they have already been caught cheating (admitting the offence) and now caught again. Just cannot understand why any City fan isnt beating the door down at HQ and demanding answers.
What you call a procedural red herring others call an unfair trial. If the investigating body comes out with statements and leaks suggesting we'll be punished before their investigation has taken place, I don't think it's too much to question the integrity of the process.

I'm happy to wait for a decision by an independent body without a load of vested interests pushing for particular outcomes (as they have been since the development of FFP).

As for banging the door down, I was a supporter for twenty years before we played in the champions League. If we miss a few years now, meh.

This is hilarious. Not because Man City got ‘caught’ (funny how it takes a ‘leak’, from a German media source) but because Chelsea and Man City are the only ones getting investigated.
Got to be absolutely ignorant and blind to see Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern been doing this for years. But because their teams are essentially funded by their national governments, untouchables.
What a farce. Extend all these investigations to the dealings of Barcelona. Coutinho getting sold then Neymar for overinflated wages plus Messi’s tax dodge, I know it’s not apart of it, but it just shows the hypocrisy.
i quite liked tebas, real madrid fan, nazi lover and winner of an uncontested lfp president vote, crying about state funding while real madrid ******* exist

this is all old money vs new money. old money doesnt like new money

What you call a procedural red herring others call an unfair trial.

I'm happy to wait for a decision by an independent body without a load of vested interests pushing for particular outcomes (as they have been since the development of FFP).

As for banging the door down, I was a supporter for twenty years before we played in the champions League. If we miss a few years now, meh.

What are the vested interests? UEFA discipline chambers are only interested in punishing clubs who break the rules. Don't do that and you have no issue. I dont see any vested interests in the UEFA adjudictory chambers.

What are the vested interests? UEFA discipline chambers are only interested in punishing clubs who break the rules. Don't do that and you have no issue. I dont see any vested interests in the UEFA adjudictory chambers.

I'm sure you don't.

I'm sure you don't.

You didn't answer last time. Did you accept the Suarez verdict, or exercise you're own judgement.

Surely then you must appreciate that someone that doesn't have the solid faith in the integrity of UEFA/CFCB that you do might not blindly accept the decisions they make.

Thats got nothing to do with this at all. Youve been done before and admitted it. This is hardly new ground for City and this isn't a scenario where the club has done this by mistake - there has been a clear calculated attempt to circumvent the rules that every club adheres to.

Do you honestly believe a 2 year ban was handed down based on hearsay at the whim of "vested interests"?

Who are these "vested interests" btw? Please elaborate.

No point having a discussion on accepting a verdict of an adjudicatory body until you confirm that the same standards apply to you.

FWIW I believe our punishments going right back to 2014 have been made because UEFA and the established G14 clubs don't like how we operate and the way we achieved our success.

There's an element of doing what's good for the game. IMO there's a bigger element of doing what's good for the established clubs.

You only have to look at how FFP was set up. Initially rules to stop clubs going into debt, it was changed to limit the spending of up and coming clubs. The trade off for changing these rules was a deferral of a plan by UEFA to distribute funds more equally between all clubs, not just the elite.

When asked how long that deferral was, Platini simply answered "I'm not sure, you'll have to ask Rummenige".

G14 clubs have had their hand up the backside of UEFA for years. G14 doesn't exist now but no-one tool their hand out.

Last edited:
No point having a discussion on accepting a verdict of an adjudicatory body until you confirm that the same standards apply to you.

Lol. I'd be furious if LFC was repeatedly caught cheating in the same manner.

Now that weve cleared up that who are these vested interests you talk of and what control do they exercise over UEFA discipline process?

Im all ears.

Now that weve cleared up that who are these vested interests you talk of and what control do they exercise over UEFA discipline process?

Im all ears.
LOL. I'll take that as you don't want to answer the question.

Oi! Pep, how many years without Champions League?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because err, perhaps you could spend time with the family on a Saturday or Sunday as opposed to a Tuesday or Wednesday? Not hard to work around. Then you can watch City v Bayern Munich rather than City v Watford

******* hell, give it a rest moomba chose not too, are your personally aware of his working hours and patterns?? if not * off with your "advice"

Ha ha, you just can't accept your club ownership has done anything wrong. Keep playing the victim. Ain't doing you any favours.
Like I've said repeatedly I'm happy to let the process run its course. What will be, will be.

Im all ears.
no you wouldn't. you'd have a * uefa shirt on in seconds.

A real punishment would be to force them to play in the CL and ban them from the Community Shield instead.

Make the whole stadium sing the UEFA anthem and follow it with rapturous applause afterwards for all CL games until 2022. Seems fair to me.

Like using your own scouting database?

This is the ffp thread but I have already said those employees shouldn't have logged in to the database.

It's a small issue in reality though. And I do note you thought it was a joke when it happened and it became an issue for you only once we started getting success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back