Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fergie was one loss away from getting the sack in his third season.

You keep clinging to this argument but persistence won't allow you to polish a turd. You're completely ignoring Ferguson's pedigree as a manager prior to taking on the United role, he'd demonstrated his quality with Aberdeen and eventually took them on to beat Real Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup. Ole does not have that pedigree and has done absolutely nothing to justify the patience you're willing to bestow upon him.

I'm trying hard to not play the man here because I actually agree with your solid citizen comment, and I do think Ole understands how the club should be playing. I don't even necessarily think he's done a terrible job, I hold the board accountable for this predicament. I honestly really want this appointment to work out. However I also can't ignore the fact that Ole has shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he's up to the task and at a club this size, in such a dire position, we really can't afford to gamble that he'll come good in a couple of years. Surely you can see that? We've already slipped too far behind City and Liverpool.

He poisoned himself to the dressing room. It's happened everywhere throughout his career. Chelsea (twice), Inter Milan, Real Madrid and us. It will almost certainly be the same at Spurs.

I don't want to detract from a valid point but the bolded case isn't true. At Inter he was at the top of his game when he got poached by Madrid and the Inter dressing room were in tears when he left.

You keep clinging to this argument but persistence won't allow you to polish a turd. You're completely ignoring Ferguson's pedigree as a manager prior to taking on the United role, he'd demonstrated his quality with Aberdeen and eventually took them on to beat Real Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup. Ole does not have that pedigree and has done absolutely nothing to justify the patience you're willing to bestow upon him.

I'm trying hard to not play the man here because I actually agree with your solid citizen comment, and I do think Ole understands how the club should be playing. I don't even necessarily think he's done a terrible job, I hold the board accountable for this predicament. I honestly really want this appointment to work out. However I also can't ignore the fact that Ole has shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he's up to the task and at a club this size, in such a dire position, we really can't afford to gamble that he'll come good in a couple of years. Surely you can see that? We've already slipped too far behind City and Liverpool.

I'm also all for bringing in youngster players and no longer signing that one big guy. Although the whole must be English youth thing is stupid. Young talent from anywhere will do. I have no faith that Ole as a manager would successfully mould these players.

Fellas as much as you want to talk sense into this bloke he just doesn't get it.

This nonsense adds zero to the convo....The tribal mind-set has no effect on my perceptions, thoughts or ideas.

What I bring to the table by point of difference, is the over-view & a long-term historical perspective & analysis.

The point is to grow the convo by integrating all our ideas into the mix, not shrink it down to a singular myopic hegemony, by way of 'fitting-in' to the consensus & the 'group-think'.

This nonsense adds zero to the convo....The tribal mind-set has no effect on my perceptions, thoughts or ideas.

What I bring to the table by point of difference, is the over-view & a long-term historical perspective & analysis.

The point is to grow the convo by integrating all our ideas into the mix, not shrink it down to a singular myopic hegemony, by way of 'fitting-in' to the consensus & the 'group-think'.
It's not about fitting in you numpty its about the truth.
You keep going on about fergie 7 years it took etc. Again like they have previously stated it's 2020 not 1990.
The only argument you can make realistic in this time is klopp what he has built at liverpool that he had 4 years and ole should get that time. The problem is klopp was already an established manager with dortmund.
I understand and respect Ole's system and trying to bring back exciting football to manchester united but Ole still lacks the experience to manage a big club and get depth in as klopp has done.
Also while the Glazers are running the club to the ground best for ole not to manage this sinking ship.
You are entitled to your point but if no one agrees with you and gives you facts about why you are wrong then why are you still bothering?

Good post & congrats on holding it together by not being seduced into the easy take- away route & silly cheap points scoring option of the ad hom.

It's not about fitting in you numpty its about the truth.
You keep going on about fergie 7 years it took etc. Again like they have previously stated it's 2020 not 1990.
The only argument you can make realistic in this time is klopp what he has built at liverpool that he had 4 years and ole should get that time. The problem is klopp was already an established manager with dortmund.
I understand and respect Ole's system and trying to bring back exciting football to manchester united but Ole still lacks the experience to manage a big club and get depth in as klopp has done.
Also while the Glazers are running the club to the ground best for ole not to manage this sinking ship.
You are entitled to your point but if no one agrees with you and gives you facts about why you are wrong then why are you still bothering?

How can anyone understand Oles system?

Soccerex Finance 100 has done the top 30 richest clubs which takes into account assets, debt, owner investment. United is ranked 16th. Thanks Glazers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His agent old mate Mino Raiola, who has dropped hints Pogba wants out many times. Pogba wanted to leave last summer.

Pretty sure Patrice Evra has even said Pogba would like to leave United, he’s a good mate of his.
Unless they can convince him somehow we will be challenging for the title next year also being in champions league now with the whole city debacle we might be able to keep him or just sell him at the right price.

So with Man City's European suspension, that means if we snaffle fifth spot then we're in the C/L next season, I take it?
Assuming they don't drop out, yes.

Just saw this. he doesnt want to comment about it either

doesnt bode well for him

Terrible thing to cause his downfall at the club but yeah certainly not great.

i understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty but even that its unethical to play someone under investigation for severe crimes.

wonder what some particular supporters of ole on this board now think of him

"give him time, he needs time to improve his ethics and morals, ferguson was given time.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back