QAFL 2020

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
I wonder if El Chapo is the new sponsor who wanted the change of coach?

On the serious side though hopefully the move on quick. You don’t want to see any division in the club 2 months away from round 1

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
He might be now known as the "Grant Thomas" of the QAFL... Lets just say his last sortie with footy in this part of the world was embarrassing and Ive never heard a bad word about Beau.
Like you said hopefully they can move on quickly.
There is plenty of Beau knockers out there , your ears ain’t obviously big enough

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wonder if El Chapo is the new sponsor who wanted the change of coach?

On the serious side though hopefully the move on quick. You don’t want to see any division in the club 2 months away from round 1

Who you trying to kid, opposition clubs love hearing of their competitors having internal dramas etc... especially if it can effect them on field.......that’s footy.

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
Who you trying to kid, opposition clubs love hearing of their competitors having internal dramas etc... especially if it can effect them on field.......that’s footy.

it was tongue in cheek referring to the new coach’s past coaching experience there.

I don’t find any grace in hearing about this. I actually feel for Beau as he is a really nice guy.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe back in the day but society has changed, Don’t throw rocks if your not prepared to step up and put yourself in the firing line and take on the responsibility that coaches like BZ do. Yeah I know you’ve been there done that but it was a lifetime ago Ablett, with a healthy player budget supporting your ego. By the way was it your way or the highway? Tuff as a $2 steak
#howthedoggiesdoinchamp

Last edited:

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
From what I hear down the line Maloney is doing a great job building the club from the base up. Not sure anyone can be critical of the steps he is taking. A strong Grange is critical for footy on the Northside as they’re the only QAFL club from the river to the Sunny Coast
He’s been able to pick up some quality youngsters from Noosa too.17 year old Charlie Bowes is a developing senior footballer at qafl level,18 yo Will McKenzie is a senior premiership player at Noosa,is a great young fella with one touch skill and I’m hearing Riley Odwyer a senior key defender at Noosa is heading there also.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe back in the day but society has changed, Don’t throw rocks if your not prepared to step up and put yourself in the firing line and take on the responsibility that coaches like BZ do. Yeah I know you’ve been there done that but it was a lifetime ago Ablett, with a healthy player budget supporting your ego. By the way was it your way or the highway? Tuff as a $2 steak
#howthedoggiesdoinchamp

No more than any other teams budget

LaggingBehind

All Australian
Aug 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s been able to pick up some quality youngsters from Noosa too.17 year old Charlie Bowes is a developing senior footballer at qafl level,18 yo Will McKenzie is a senior premiership player at Noosa,is a great young fella with one touch skill and I’m hearing Riley Odwyer a senior key defender at Noosa is heading there also.
Sounds like Maloney's old Noosa ties working hard for Grange. Is there any reason these lads aren't jumping on at Maroochydore? Are they doing a year and coming back if Noosa move to QAFL in 2021?

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sounds like Maloney's old Noosa ties working hard for Grange. Is there any reason these lads aren't jumping on at Maroochydore? Are they doing a year and coming back if Noosa move to QAFL in 2021?

Yeah as is his previous employment with the Simon Black Academy.
Lagging do you want a 10 page essay on the animosity that exists and the reasons why between Noosa and Maroochydore in particular (to a lesser extent Caloundra) and how some SC blokes wouldn't be seen dead playing in the green and gold or alternatively the Noosa colours. I remember when Maroochydore went broke in 2000 and discussion around where guys would play occurred. Some blokes said to me "I cant go to Noosa as my dad wont talk to me ever again". And they were serious. Its deep seated and ridiculous in this day when the players and coaches often get along with each other and in this case is going to affect some young guys and their footy I predict. Imagine travelling 300km round trip when you could travel 80km to play at the same level. And yes you are correct, you can take it as a given that these boys will be back at Noosa in 2021 I reckon.

LaggingBehind

All Australian
Aug 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
hip
Yeah as is his previous employment with the Simon Black Academy.
Lagging do you want a 10 page essay on the animosity that exists and the reasons why between Noosa and Maroochydore in particular (to a lesser extent Caloundra) and how some SC blokes wouldn't be seen dead playing in the green and gold or alternatively the Noosa colours. I remember when Maroochydore went broke in 2000 and discussion around where guys would play occurred. Some blokes said to me "I cant go to Noosa as my dad wont talk to me ever again". And they were serious. Its deep seated and ridiculous in this day when the players and coaches often get along with each other and in this case is going to affect some young guys and their footy I predict. Imagine travelling 300km round trip when you could travel 80km to play at the same level. And yes you are correct, you can take it as a given that these boys will be back at Noosa in 2021 I reckon.
Seems some of that is taking it a bit far and hopefully the footy community has made some progress since then. That said rivalries help make this game great. No doubt playing off in the last 3 QFA Div 1 GFs has maintained that healthy respect. Sherwood & Mt Gravatt played off in about 12 straight SQAFA GFs in 1970s and early 1980s. Southport & Morningside created a long rivalry and I see a few long standing rivalries reignited on the GC. Always great to have a villian as the opponent for some motivation. Without them the game is a bit sterile......like AFLX

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
hip

Seems some of that is taking it a bit far and hopefully the footy community has made some progress since then. That said rivalries help make this game great. No doubt playing off in the last 3 QFA Div 1 GFs has maintained that healthy respect. Sherwood & Mt Gravatt played off in about 12 straight SQAFA GFs in 1970s and early 1980s. Southport & Morningside created a long rivalry and I see a few long standing rivalries reignited on the GC. Always great to have a villian as the opponent for some motivation. Without them the game is a bit sterile......like AFLX

Not at the expense of common sense and progress. Rivalries are great to generate money and interest. But leave that at the door when making good decisions off the field.
Is why I laugh when ppl bs on about "footy is a business these days". Rubbish. No one would run their business like a footy club if they were legit. So many decisions are emotional rather than pragmatic. Not saying that's a bad thing but leave the clichés somewhere else. Happens at the highest level as well.

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m hoping that is the case Lb I personally don’t understand why they r driving past a qafl club to get to Brisbane.The Sunshine Coast rivalry has always been there but the respect we have for each other is fine.Its a tad disappointing tbh.

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not at the expense of common sense and progress. Rivalries are great to generate money and interest. But leave that at the door when making good decisions off the field.
Is why I laugh when ppl bs on about "footy is a business these days". Rubbish. No one would run their business like a footy club if they were legit. So many decisions are emotional rather than pragmatic. Not saying that's a bad thing but leave the clichés somewhere else. Happens at the highest level as well.
I personally are a very strong Noosa football person and like smy wear a Sunshine Coast hat also.Would love to c our boys play qafl at maroochy this year and would definitely go myself ( and I’m sure with plenty of other Noosa followers) when the fixture allows.Its crazy really.Yes the rivalries are fantastic but have no problem personally with young men who can play wanting to play a higher standard for a year(We hope)down the road.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
On another subject, Ive been watching the NITV replay of the NTFL games on sundays .....this is a very quick comp.
So how would you guys compare the standard of this comp to the Qafl .?

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
On another subject, Ive been watching the NITV replay of the NTFL games on sundays .....this is a very quick comp.
So how would you guys compare the standard of this comp to the Qafl .?
What time is on?
In the past the replay was on 9:30pm Tuesday’s which I often watched.
Yeah fast game and usually good to watch and easier to umpire

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What time is on?
In the past the replay was on 9:30pm Tuesday’s which I often watched.
Yeah fast game and usually good to watch and easier to umpire

Sunday at 3pm ... they show a game that was played the day before . This was thew last home and away , finals begin this weekend ,,, so I gather they will be showing the final played on the saturday.

Judge

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
500 junior regos and a bloke who won lotto (twice) gives you a healthy player budget

I’m assuming you’re not referring to Grange, although with your form you probably are.

If any lotto winner wants to tip money into our joint they’d be more than welcome, but it’s not happening now and I’m unaware of it ever happening previously.

Back