Competitions The Upsets Game - Final Fight - bombre-boy wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to try an exciting new game this season which we're going to imaginatively call 'The Upsets Game'.

Here's how we see it working.

Rather than use gambling odds we've decided to use the world famous Squiggle aggregate. Don't know what that is? Check it out here because you'll need to keep an eye on it to make your learned selection each week.

Each round everyone will select one team they think will win. You can change your mind as many times as you like up until the bounce of the first game of the round. Once the first ball is bounced the entire round is locked out. A screenshot of the final Squiggle aggregates will be posted as at the opening bounce like so.

1581750496452.png

We'll use an example to illustrate how it will work from there. Let's take the first game of the round - Richmond v Carlton.

Currently 74% of tipsters are tipping Richmond and 26% Carlton. If you were to select Carlton as your tip and by some bizarre act of supernatural wtaf they manage to get up we go 100/26 = 3.85. 3.85 is your score for round 1. If you select Richmond and they win we go 100/74 = 1.35. 1.35 is your score for round 1. If the team you select loses or you forget to make a selection in time you get zero. So the bigger the upset the bigger the potential score and at the end of the home and away season the person with the biggest total score wins. Play it safe for small yet consistent wins or pick the big upsets for the big scores or mix it up - it's up to you!

You can join the comp any time you like so no need to be in from the start.

Prizes will be a cool badge and 12 month Platinum BF for the winner and 12 month Gold BF for second and third.

Also, as the game organiser I reserve the right to add in any further rules I feel necessary if there are things that pop up I didn't foresee. :$

1600948356199.png

ROUND 1 RESULTS
ROUND 2 RESULTS
ROUND 3 RESULTS
ROUND 4 RESULTS
ROUND 5 RESULTS
ROUND 6 RESULTS
ROUND 7 RESULTS
ROUND 8 RESULTS
ROUND 9 RESULTS
ROUND 10 RESULTS
ROUND 11 RESULTS
ROUND 12 RESULTS
ROUND 13 RESULTS
ROUND 14 RESULTS
ROUND 15 RESULTS
ROUND 16 RESULTS
ROUND 17 RESULTS
ROUND 18 RESULTS

Last edited:
In, but how do I access the squiggle data and lodge my selection each week? (Just trying time get ahead of potential fickle China internet problems....)
Beerfish , Yes, do we lodge our selection here?
Yes. Access the squiggle via the link in the op and lodge your selections each week here. I'll keep track of it all and keep the leaderboard up to date in the op.

If it was cold hard cash to win I’d be innit.

cant there be a cash prize pool that punters can transfer money into?

it wouldn’t be classified as gambling ...just a friendly comp 💁‍♂️
Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back