News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Will be good seeing the big V again. But the allstars isn't a team of any value. Its all very.... Victorian.

It's a Victorian circle jerk -

and the worst part is if you call it for what it is you'll get wowsers point out the charity aspect to try to dispel any criticisms of the format

Should have been two All-Star sides - The words State of Origin should be nowhere near this game, yet it is plastered with the term.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's a Victorian circle jerk -

and the worst part is if you call it for what it is you'll get wowsers point out the charity aspect to try to dispel any criticisms of the format

Should have been two All-Star sides - The words State of Origin should be nowhere near this game, yet it is plastered with the term.
Because it is for charity for * sake. The whole game is designed around charity. Criticizing it comes from a really pathetic place. You think the people that will benefit from the money give a * if you don't like the 'name'

It can be called * radiojake for all you should care it's a charity game.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I actually would love to know exactly how people affected by the fires will benefit from the money - There has been how many millions of dollars raised now? How is it getting distributed? I would love to know.

Meanwhile we can get Victorian Circle Jerk photo shoots of Dustin Martin in the beloved Big V

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I actually would love to know exactly how people affected by the fires will benefit from the money - There has been how many millions of dollars raised now? How is it getting distributed? I would love to know.

Meanwhile we can get Victorian Circle Jerk photo shoots of Dustin Martin in the beloved Big V
Yeah I said last night Surely they've got enough money to rebuild properties etc just need time now to re grow and get back to normal etc

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Because it is for charity for fu** sake. The whole game is designed around charity. Criticizing it comes from a really pathetic place. You think the people that will benefit from the money give a fu** if you don't like the 'name'

It can be called fu** radiojake for all you should care it's a charity game.
Should have been WA v all stars

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

I mean I agree it would have worked better as a charity all star match, East vs West or captains pick or something, but there's no need to get this angry and negative over a charity match to raise money for the bush fire crises. Yes a chunk will be used to cover costs but the profits will go to the cause, however that is decided is best spent. The AFL isn't going to keep the money.

I'd imagine there is a heap of vital infrastructure that needs rebuilding, clean up, funding relief centres, financial packages for victims that will be worked out, etc. There is more than benefits the victims than just giving them money, they need everything around them rebuilt too.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I'm not angry in the slightest
I do understand you can read any tone on a text based medium so I can see why you would think I'm 'angry'

I am mostly indifferent but I'll call the marketing for what it is though

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You actually do sound pretty mad tho, you've repeatedly lost your s**t in this thread at the hint of any dissenting opinion

It's for a good cause but it's also very gimmicky, they are not irreconcilable concepts.
Ohh yeah got me a beauty. Well done matey

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
I mean I agree it would have worked better as a charity all star match, East vs West or captains pick or something, but there's no need to get this angry and negative over a charity match to raise money for the bush fire crises. Yes a chunk will be used to cover costs but the profits will go to the cause, however that is decided is best spent. The AFL isn't going to keep the money.

I'd imagine there is a heap of vital infrastructure that needs rebuilding, clean up, funding relief centres, financial packages for victims that will be worked out, etc. There is more than benefits the victims than just giving them money, they need everything around them rebuilt too.

It is an all star game, they have just decided to let one of the teams wear the Big V.
It's for a good cause so it doesn't matter really. I won't watch it but I hope it raises some money.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
It is an all star game, they have just decided to let one of the teams wear the Big V.
It's for a good cause so it doesn't matter really. I won't watch it but I hope it raises some money.
Why won't you watch it? I reckon people will just because it's a form of footy and a novel concept with many of the games best.

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not angry in the slightest
I do understand you can read any tone on a text based medium so I can see why you would think I'm 'angry'

I am mostly indifferent but I'll call the marketing for what it is though
I dont think you understand what 'indifferent' means. It means you dont have a position or dont care. Your original posts makes an number of positions known and cares about certain aspects, for example-

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Why won't you watch it? I reckon people will just because it's a form of footy and a novel concept with many of the games best.

I am looking forward to the footy season and while I know this is for charity etc I just will not watch things like this until the AFL do them the correct way. It's an all star game and no side should be anywhere near a state jumper for this.
It will also be very bruise free footy.
Look it's not something I have any interest in, VIC V WA then I would be all in. But not this. They will get a full house and raise good funds and thats what they are trying to achieve here so thats a good thing.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Because it is for charity for fu** sake. The whole game is designed around charity. Criticizing it comes from a really pathetic place. You think the people that will benefit from the money give a fu** if you don't like the 'name'

It can be called fu** radiojake for all you should care it's a charity game.

Here's another white knight to the rescue. On a football forum, people are allowed to judge the format of the game to be played. Doesn't mean they are terrible people and don't care about the lives of the people effected. They would just prefer see their state represented, that's all. Doesn't take away from the cause or the money it will create.

I suspect that if it were WA v the all stars, you'd have some words to say. But you are probably a better person than us, right?

Get a grip.

Last edited:

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
I am looking forward to the footy season and while I know this is for charity etc I just will not watch things like this until the AFL do them the correct way. It's an all star game and no side should be anywhere near a state jumper for this.
It will also be very bruise free footy.
Look it's not something I have any interest in, VIC V WA then I would be all in. But not this. They will get a full house and raise good funds and thats what they are trying to achieve here so thats a good thing.
Even if this match was wa vs Vic I think it would still be bruise free.

Back