Recommitted Christian Petracca [re-signs for two more years]

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes i am happy with his output. Hes only 85 games into his career and hasn't even hit the 100 game mark where we start to see the beginning of their peak. He showed up to pre season lean and shredded as he looks to be transitioning to more midfield time this year.

This whole notion of he doesn't seem interested in getting best out of himself is just a huge load of s**t, you have based that on nothing but what you see on TV or read in the papers.

Straight after the season finished last year, him and Christian Salem funded there own training camp to the US last year and tapped into some of the best facilities and resources of the NFL. Hes trained all summer in the midfield and is looking in the best condition I have even seen him. Track watcher will also tell you that.
I hope for you that he does explode this yr👍

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Had a very good 2019 in a team that went backwards at an alarming rate.

He's not the player he may have once been touted, but he's a good footballer and an important piece for the Demons. I'll be very surprised if he's playing elsewhere in 2021.

This is an important point.
People are saying hes underachieving for his talent.

He's still a very good footballer and any team in the league would grab him in a second.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Straight after the season finished last year, him and Christian Salem funded there own training camp to the US last year and tapped into some of the best facilities and resources of the NFL. Hes trained all summer in the midfield and is looking in the best condition I have even seen him. Track watcher will also tell you that.

Could also be the ulterior motive of jumping up another gear, playing out his best season, increasing his earning potential by 200k and really pushing the Dees to sign him.

Worth the investment overseas.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I expect CP to take a leap into stardom this season and sign a long term deal with The Dees
There is no evidence whatsoever he is unhappy at The Dees,

There are other OOC stars who are far more likely to leave their club than Petracca (De Goey for example)

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
From what I saw yesterday at Casey v Adelaide - 38 touches (21 contested) 3 goals and about 5 goal assists - Petracca looks ready to explode. Looked fittest I’ve seen him. That huge arse/hips and first 10m burst speed is very Dusty like.

Clubs will absolutely come hard for him now. Livid that we haven’t been able to tie him away contractually.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
From what I saw yesterday at Casey v Adelaide - 38 touches (21 contested) 3 goals and about 5 goal assists - Petracca looks ready to explode. Looked fittest I’ve seen him. That huge arse/hips and first 10m burst speed is very Dusty like.

Clubs will absolutely come hard for him now. Livid that we haven’t been able to tie him away contractually.
That’s 27 contested actually.

Heard he was disgruntled with the club late in the season last year. Maybe possible to pry him out? No doubt Demons would do everything they could to keep him

Closing in on a deal. Things looking positive. Doesn’t seem disgruntled with the club

NoPositiveTests!

Debutant
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

Closing in on a deal. Things looking positive. Doesn’t seem disgruntled with the club
He certainly looks fit and firing, and by the sounds of that article very likely to stay.

A lot can change in 6 months.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Petracca was reasonably consistent last year. But just hadn’t got to the level we knew he could. Hoping he can continue this form through to the season proper.
That's a better assessment. Anyone could see he has all the tools, and had a very solid season in a team that was extremely average. Inconsistent is a rubbish call, from people with no idea or who don't watch Melbourne play (for good reason in 2019 I might add)

Solid but underachieving thus far.

Back