UEFA Champions League 2019/20

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It is interesting that they are looking to add more competitions and more games.

You just need to look to cricket to see how much you can dilute your product if you oversaturate it. I hate cricket and have no interest in following 20 different competitions every summer.

And then look at the complete opposite in the NFL and how massive you can build something when your sole aim is the quality of the product and not the number of games.

It is interesting that they are looking to add more competitions and more games.

You just need to look to cricket to see how much you can dilute your product if you oversaturate it. I hate cricket and have no interest in following 20 different competitions every summer.

And then look at the complete opposite in the NFL and how massive you can build something when your sole aim is the quality of the product and not the number of games.

I dunno if NFL is a great example of a 'quality product'...

Highest revenue of any competition in the world with relatively speaking SFA games.

Didn't the Superbowl only have 15 minutes of actual play? More revenue doesn't always mean better product.

My point is you do not need to saturate the market with your product to be hugely successful.
BBL being a case in point. It was seeing huge success until CA extended the season. T20 is a novelty factor that people get bored of after a month so it worked well when the final was around Australia Day before school started.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
So I’m back in aus which means sky sports isn’t working - can someone tell me how TF I am going to watch the UCL tonight? Do I actually need to sign up to Optus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
So I’m back in aus which means sky sports isn’t working - can someone tell me how TF I am going to watch the UCL tonight? Do I actually need to sign up to Optus?

Sign up to Optus on a trial and cancel. They often forget to disable the accounts after you cancel.

You say that like Optus isn't well worth it these days?

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Optus show one free match every week for people who aren't signed up, this week it's PSG v Dortmund.

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
You say that like Optus isn't well worth it these days?

I’m Only back for 6 weeks and don’t watch EPL so it probably wouldn’t be. Kayo seems good from early impressions. Similar to DAZN

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Optus show one free match every week for people who aren't signed up, this week it's PSG v Dortmund.

08c25c75240c4a1f0283ebc21345dff2.jpg

So that couch icon literally means I can just watch from kickoff?

Do you know who they take their commentary from? Is it just the stock standard English commentators that the UCL package? Or is it their own?

Back