Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

I come in this thread to discuss and read about Jed, not whatever this s**t show has become. So let's bring back the moment Jed started winning a lot of fans over.

r2_1.gif

Nah, you lost, then doubled down to everyone’s enjoyment!

another really objective observation.

i'd love to know what i doubled down on, the actual original arguement or the ad hominem?

didn't touch the ball once... SOFT!!!

yourself along with ferball etc. obviously didn't play much footy as a kid. but when it's a 50/50 ball and you chose to go the man instead of diving in to get to the ball first you're soft and you chose to lose the contest before it began. jed did that when he first started because he wasn't confident that he'd win the contest. go back to that period in this thread and you'd see plenty agreed.

this clip looks like it's from 2018, ferball can you go through my posts to 2018 and see if i criticised jed as being s**t or soft back then....? spoiler: i didn't

Well aren't I glad I hopped in here? And no one has mentioned his long hair yet. #toosoon

Anyway, I hope Jed plays 20+ games this year but super curious to see the make up (forward, mid, combination)
Like Samson, he got better as his hair grew.

I would like to see him get more footy if he is going to get midfield minutes.

Building a bigger tank is his only issue that I can see and, hopefully, higher accumulation of the footy will follow.

If Jed's playing at or near his best, or goes to another level, he makes us a better side. It'd be great if he was a little more damaging with his disposals, and kicked a few more goals, but he's damaging as he is.

When he came back from injury early last year our clearances doubled immediately.

He's not so much value as a CC clearance player but at stoppages he's a weapon.

or generally treating someone differently due to their race....
Really?

You don't think that a persons' race/cultural identity might warrant a different approach depending on the individual? There have been plenty of young aborigional players over the journey that could not adjust or cope with life in the VFL/AFL, much less living in a big city. Recognising that does not make one a racist; refusing to adjust to that reality makes one an anachronism.

The 1950's called, they want their life back.

Really?

You don't think that a persons' race/cultural identity might warrant a different approach depending on the individual? There have been plenty of young aborigional players over the journey that could not adjust or cope with life in the VFL/AFL, much less living in a big city. Recognising that does not make one a racist; refusing to adjust to that reality makes one an anachronism.

The 1950's called, they want their life back.

by the 1950's calling you're referring to yourself right? by the way you're talking it sounds like you would've been in full support of a 'coloured' section of the bus or restaurants....

if i were treated differently because of my race i'd be pretty embarrassed, it only makes it known to everyone else that you're different and "need" special treatment (in your opinion, i certainly don't agree)

That's the opinion i've formed through the extensive work i've done in communities, but hey i'm sure you know better from all the Q&A's you've watched over the years.

by the 1950's calling you're referring to yourself right? by the way you're talking it sounds like you would've been in full support of a 'coloured' section of the bus or restaurants....

if i were treated differently because of my race i'd be pretty embarrassed, it only makes it known to everyone else that you're different and "need" special treatment (in your opinion, i certainly don't agree)

That's the opinion i've formed through the extensive work i've done in communities, but hey i'm sure you know better from all the Q&A's you've watched over the years.
We are done here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with our better midfield depth it'll be awesome to see him rotated forward and terrorising defenders
Jed destroying a defenders in a tackle for HTB then slotting the goal would bring a huge . . . smile to my face.

Crunched between Jed and CZ and them arguing over who takes the kick, even better!

Nice clean take and give to set up Tarryn’s goal. Kicked a nice goal himself too. I’d like to see him take Turner’s small forward role with cameos in the guts if we need some aggression in there. He’s a better tackler and more likely to snag 20-25 goals than Kayne I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back