The Relegation Battle 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

The top 5 have hit 40 points,

Up next we have West Ham playing away to Man City. A win or draw would see them out of the relegation zone, a 4 goal loss would see them drop to 19th
Untitled.jpg

Think realistically, everyone from Burnley up is now safe.

Brighton's form concerns me, I thought they go down as the start of the season and there's still a very good chance they will. West Ham are too good a team to go down and I think Aston Villa will also avoid the drop.

This time last year: Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea all were on 50+ points.

Wolves were 7th on 39 points, The bottom 3 were Soton (24 points), Fulham (17 points) and Huddersfield (11 points).

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
I think Villa will struggle to survive with the amount of goals they let in

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bournemouth look doomed to me. They have a horrendous run in. Norwich are close to gone as well. Leaves one other place which is very hard to call. Could be any of half a dozen clubs but West Ham have a tough run of matches coming up so they’ll more than likely be in the bottom 3 with their final 5 or 6 matches to try and retrieve it

Matchday 27 coming up.

Sheffield Utd can reach the 40 point mark if they draw with Brighton.
Man United need a win against Watford to get to 40 points.
Norwich are away to Wolves, they need to cut that 7 point gap and -8 GD down.
West Ham are away to Liverpool, they need a draw and for Villa to lose to Soton to get out of the relegation zone.

Other notable games: Arsenal vs Everton, Palace vs Newcastle, Burnley vs Bournemouth.

Untitled1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norwich/Watford/Bournemouth going down is my prediction.

apollo_creed with all the money you have splashed out this season on signings would there be serious implications for a Villa relegation?
Drinkwater undoes everything.

West Ham fail to get a point at Anfield, next though they are at home to Soton.

Wolves can get 40 points if they draw with Spurs away, Burnley need a win against Newcastle away to reach 40 points.

Arsenal
's match with Man City postponed, as is Villa's game with Sheff Utd, so they have to wait a little bit longer.

Norwich look in real trouble and they play at home to Leicester, Watford need a win but they are away to Liverpool.

Other notable games: Brighton vs Palace, Bournemouth vs Chelsea, Everton vs Man United.

Untitled.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back