News 2020 Pre-season - New and Improved after Rd 1 with Rd2 in June. ***

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a couple of people who are very bullish about Close so I'm keen to see how he goes.

I'd like to get a closer look at Jarvis and Kennerley too.

I know a couple of people who are very bullish about Close so I'm keen to see how he goes.

I'd like to get a closer look at Jarvis and Kennerley too.

It resonates typical Geelong. Others pick the names, we make the names. Kennn was reported as flying , now Close and Jarvis. If we get one or two of these players stick their hands up then the loss of Kelly may be less apparent.

I also read an article that was quite hopeful on Cooper Stephens. Maybe not early but it would not surprise me if he pushes for a chance.

The player I have not heard much about is Constable. He should be demanding selection in his third year.

Last edited:
Early indications of our team to face GC

GEELONG will name 2o18 draftees Ben Jarvis and Jacob Kennerley in its squad for Saturday night’s Marsh Series meeting with Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium.

The Cats are also set to unveil for Adelaide forward Josh Jenkins for the clash with the Suns after he joined the club last October.

Jarvis arrived at Geelong via pick No.48 from SANFL club Norwood, while fellow former Redleg Kennerley had his name called out two selections late at pick No.50.

A forward, Jarvis played 15 matches in the Cats’ VFL team last year, with Kennerley making 18 of a possible 19 appearances at state league level.

Both have been impressive over the pre-season and earned an opportunity at the next level.

Jenkins comes to Geelong after 147 games and 296 in eight seasons with the Crows.

Geelong will confirm its squad for the match on Thursday night before travelling to the Gold Coast on Friday.

Watching Fox Sports News - Selwood & Stewart both participated in match simulation at training and they are both a chance to play in our second Marsh Cup match against Essendon

Which means also both are also in with a shot of playing round 1

Early indications of our team to face GC

GEELONG will name 2o18 draftees Ben Jarvis and Jacob Kennerley in its squad for Saturday night’s Marsh Series meeting with Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium.

The Cats are also set to unveil for Adelaide forward Josh Jenkins for the clash with the Suns after he joined the club last October.

Jarvis arrived at Geelong via pick No.48 from SANFL club Norwood, while fellow former Redleg Kennerley had his name called out two selections late at pick No.50.

A forward, Jarvis played 15 matches in the Cats’ VFL team last year, with Kennerley making 18 of a possible 19 appearances at state league level.

Both have been impressive over the pre-season and earned an opportunity at the next level.

Jenkins comes to Geelong after 147 games and 296 in eight seasons with the Crows.

Geelong will confirm its squad for the match on Thursday night before travelling to the Gold Coast on Friday.
1582111103681.png

Taheny with Kennerley and Javis

View attachment 825731

Taheny with Kennerley and Javis

Jarvis (left in picture I am pretty sure) has never looked big enough to me to be the third tall (while playing or training). Looks mid size. Kennerley is listed at 186.

I am pleased he will get his chance, but I must admit I haven't seen anything so far to fill me with confidence. Kennerley has shown a bit.

Another hat, another rabbit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On AFL website has a pic of Close he looks like a 15yr old kid with a 15yr old body lol
I think it's more to do with the distant shot - this is a better photo

1582169779727.jpeg

G'day Cats
Can anyone tell me if there is a young player from Geraldton WA on your list this year?
Thanks!

Well Harry Taylor of course.....not exactly young any more.....

Not aware of any others from Geraldton on the Geelong list.

Anyone else worried that with Joel's injury woes and Kelly leaving that Danger is going to come under a lot more pressure and the hard tags that come with it as he will be relied upon even more this year? Think he really needs Joel to get healthy fast or someone else to step up as that big number 2, to help split that attention, I know he has generally coped well with hard tags but he is getting older and I am can see an over reliance on him performing this season, or am i worrying about nothing?

He have GWS and WC in the first few rounds, both notable tagging teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back