DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Was thinking of Moyes today, his Everton team were battlers, digs of war etc. Always gave us a hard game. He hasn't had it since.

Has he lost it, or was it always more down to the players he had at the time than his motivational skills.
Bit of both I think.

More and more I think we only stayed up last time under him because of an in form Arnautovic and Lanzini.

I mean Mark Noble is basically done, and yet we have the likes of Felipe Anderson on the bench and Pablo Fornals can't even make the squad.

Maybe it's time we do a Sunderland, and hey if it's the only way we'd get rid of the owners, then I'd consider it.....

Bit of both I think.

More and more I think we only stayed up last time under him because of an in form Arnautovic and Lanzini.

I mean Mark Noble is basically done, and yet we have the likes of Felipe Anderson on the bench and Pablo Fornals can't even make the squad.

Maybe it's time we do a Sunderland, and hey if it's the only way we'd get rid of the owners, then I'd consider it.....

You want to be stuck in League One?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's not looking good at Emptihad stadium. The plastic City fans have jumped off the bandwagon already.

The Independent is saying City could be relegated to League 2 !!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...e-premier-points-uefa-fair-play-a9336946.html
A lot of the die hard City fans of old can’t relate to the club they’ve become and have left it. Of course there are some that defend its practices no matter what but they have a slight plastic tendency about them because they only view worth by the trophies you win.

A lot of the die hard City fans of old can’t relate to the club they’ve become and have left it. Of course there are some that defend its practices no matter what but they have a slight plastic tendency about them because they only view worth by the trophies you win.

Ha ha.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If it's the only way to get rid of the owners I'd seriously consider it.
They’ve spent a lot of dosh though have they not? Reckon the scouting is more a problem at this point. Not denying the dildo bros aren’t a couple of campaigners, but they have at least tried to arrest the decline over the last year or so

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

City weren't a successful club before the Arabs took them over and injected the cash. They were EPL mid table/battling with relegation and had been in the 3rd tier as recently as 1999. They used to get crowds of about 42,000. It might go back to around that level if they are not going to win the league, and are banned from European comps.

Anyone fancy a game?

Attachments

• CHBQf78.jpg
    CHBQf78.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 104

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
They’ve spent a lot of dosh though have they not? Reckon the scouting is more a problem at this point. Not denying the dildo bros aren’t a couple of campaigners, but they have at least tried to arrest the decline over the last year or so
Spent it on the wrong sort of players with no resale value.

Dont think we've spent more than 5M on a full back since they've been owners.

Apparently Husillos walked out with all of the club's scouting data when he got the sack, sums up the current ownership.

Back