Game Day North vs Bulldogs. Preseason game 1. Welcome back Maj.

Remove this Banner Ad

First game of the pre season is here already, and it promises to be something to see.

We have new players playing - draftees and recruits.

Some of our biggest names missing; a team full of young, hungry players and our new coach's first chance to unveil his side after his pre season.

Footy's back, we're playing the kids, bring on 2020.

Last edited:
Footy is back!

Maj is back!

Scamper and the Flying High clip are back!

Kangaroo gifs are back, too!

v4PJ9Cr.gif

Suddenly everything is right in the universe.

North by 7 points or goals.

OP lacks the 2019 high expectation bar that was set.

In-depth analysts need only apply...

Quick and the dead Gaso.

Simple analysis for a simple game. Smash the campaigners, get the ball, kick goals.

Win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to it. I like the line up on paper even though we have some serious talent on the sidelines to come in for Rd1.

Going to be some serious competition for spots.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Me too.

I really want to see how Larkey does on his own in the forward line.

Same with Maj and J Walker. No Taz or Hunter. A lot on their shoulders.

But I'm really looking forward to seeing the likes if B. Scott (the good one), Bonar, Mahony and Taylor, and even Xerri as a kpf. Mahoney cos of the little bit of hype he's getting and the rest to see where they are at.

In some ways this is the essence of the side over the next 2 - 7 years.

We're missing some important players so I can't wait to see people step up.

I reckon Bailey Scott could have a massive game. Just a hunch.

Hey guys just some Q's about team structure

Surely Xerri doesn't play as a key forward tonight? I'd assume he will come on at half/3qtr time to replace Goldy but if he has credentials as a KF than without Brown I suppose that's an option

Otherwise I'm assuming Zurhaar and Garner will play deep forward? Can we expect a full game from Garner has he done most of preseason?

Is Ahern still training trialling as a half back over Pre Season?

Good Luck

Last edited:

Surely Xerri doesn't play as a key forward tonight? I'd assume he will come on at half/3qtr time to replace Goldy but if he has credentials as a KF than without Brown I suppose that's an option

Otherwise I'm assuming Zurhaar and Garner will play deep forward? Can we expect a full game from Garner has he done most of preseason?

Cheers
I'd expect Xerri to have some time up forward. If he can club a couple of marks it'll help his cause to get a game and add to our options over the park.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Ah, the whiff of preseason is in the air. I can genuinely say that I've never looked forward to the opening of the Marsh cup with a greater sense of anticipation. And because of this I'll be poised, scissors in hand, ready to cut up my membership if things aren't going the way I'd like them to by half time.

Good Luck
Xerri is likely to spend most of his time in the ruck, especially with Goldy playing in the charity match, and spending some time up forward.

Zurhaar and Garner will play the half-forward role alongside Mahoney.

Ahern will be a mix of HB and midfield, with HB being his assigned position atm.

The comments from Heath were interesting.

Majak has had a media magnetism from day dot. There's something about him, he's not unique on any front in isolation but some people hold a charisma that draws attention whether they like it or not.

I'm sure there's players who try to everything to draw media attention while this guy seems to have a collection of life experiences and characteristics that makes people aware of who he is, for good or bad.

Ah, the whiff of preseason is in the air. I can genuinely say that I've never looked forward to the opening of the Marsh cup with a greater sense of anticipation. And because of this I'll be poised, scissors in hand, ready to cut up my membership if things aren't going the way I'd like them to by half time.

Agree. This promises to be the best Marsh Cup ever!

Just to know that we (NMFC) aren't alone - this morning's radio news "Hawthorn showed some great signs for 2020 despite going down by 21 points with Jonathan Patton kicking 3 goals and Tom Mitchell making his return." That was it.

I assume St Kilda were just hired on the day as the hawk's sparring partner then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back