Friday February 21, 6:10 AEST
BULLDOGS

FB - [42] Alex Keath, [12] Zaine Cordy, [34] Bailey Williams

HB - [9] Hayden Crozier, [39] Jason Johannisen, [35] Caleb Daniel

C - [37] Roarke Smith, [4] Marcus Bontempelli, [7] Lachie Hunter

HF - [27] Patrick Lipinski, [13] Josh Schache, [33] Aaron Naughton

FF - [29] Tory Dickson, [22] Sam Lloyd, [31] Bailey Dale

FOL - [41] Jordon Sweet, [5] Josh Dunkley, [11] Jack Macrae

IC - [3] Mitch Wallis, [6] Bailey Smith, [16] Toby McLean, [20] Ed Richards, [25] Ben Cavarra, [28] Callum Porter, [32

KANGAROOS

FB - [11] Luke McDonald, [1] Majak Daw, [34] Jamie Macmillan

HB - [17] Jasper Pittard, [19] Josh Walker, [18] Shaun Atley

C - [8] Bailey Scott, [10] Ben Cunnington, [14] Trent Dumont

HF - [26] Tarryn Thomas, [44] Cameron Zurhaar, [35] Jack Mahony

FF - [28] Kayne Turner, [20] Nick Larkey, [6] Taylor Garner

FOL - [22] Todd Goldstein, [12] Jy Simpkin, [3] Jed Anderson

IC - [2] Marley Williams, [15] Paul Ahern, [16] Aiden Bonar, [21] Dom Tyson, [24] Sam Durdin, [31] Curtis Taylor, [38] Tristan Xerri, [40] Tom Murphy

Club Threads

As always, check your club board for club-based gameday threads.

Last edited:
No disrespect to Jordan Sweet but it looks like this will be a ruck massacre.
Hopefully Rhyce gives Xerri a decent run at it as I'd like to see Sweet run against someone closer to his level of development.

Hopefully Rhyce gives Xerri a decent run at it as I'd like to see Sweet run against someone closer to his level of development.
On the other hand Todd seems to get complacent when up against someone he should beat comfortably, as shown against Zac Clarke last year so who knows

Will be good to see Maj back out there though!

Should have been played elsewhere - Whitten Oval, Ballarat or somewhere else in the west for all i care. Even Arden Street and swapped the home and away.

Should have been played elsewhere - Whitten Oval, Ballarat or somewhere else in the west for all i care. Even Arden Street and swapped the home and away.
Where is it?

Now that Scott no longer coaches North i just dunno if i have an interest in them anymore. I think they have an actual coach now.

Xerri will spend a fair amount in the ruck and is a huge lump of a lad. Has impressed many this pre-season.

Goldstein is fit as ever.

What can you tell me about Sweet and English's pre-seasons?

Looking forward to seeing Majak back at the top level.

What do supporters expect outside of the rusty cobwebs blown out?
North have gone in with a shorter forward line with Larkey and Xerri to be the 2 keys, so I expect a bit of tackling pressure for this game, especially compared to last night's kick-to-kick match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have gone in with a shorter forward line with Larkey and Xerri to be the 2 keys, so I expect a bit of tackling pressure for this game, especially compared to last night's kick-to-kick match.

Garner, Thomas, Zurhaar and even Turner can all take contested marks one on one. So can Cunnington and Anderson if they rotate thru. I wouldn't mind seeing them take some time to pick targets out of those guys early.

Not Ballarat, but I agree on either Arden or Whitten.

Although we are already hosting Melbourne at Arden next week..

I see it's already started. After 1 match so many people now making comments of "so & so is now a lock" OR I've dropped so & so after watching him tonight". When will we learn to take very little notice of these games other than which rookies seem likely. Even seeing players playing in different roles doesn't mean that it will happen once the real stuff starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back