Game Day Rnd 3 Geelong v Adelaide @ Kardinia Park - Sun 23rd Feb 5.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
In the prelim last season the Crows kicked 10 unanswered goals before Geelong finally scored in the last 5 mins with a charity free kick and 50 metre penalty.

Can't imagine it being quite so lopsided this time around

Will I finally get to witness a Crows team win at Kardinia Park? Or will it forever remain a hollow and wasted day down the highway?

Will Phillips be back? Or Cramey? Some experience back will help with all the new players currently in the side

I have been invited by the Crows to be part of the guard of honour for when the players enter the field - Anyone know how to create special divots in the ground that will only appear at a later time when a P. Dangerfield happens to run past?

What's with all our Sunday afternoon games? Is this how you get rewarded for winning a flag? If we win it again i expect we will be playing on mondays next year.

Last edited:
Considine has always been on the borderline of selection, even last year. Not a high possession player, so she has to make it count when she does get it. The couple of 50m penalties against her probably didn't help, either.

There's a fair few new players in our side who haven't exactly established their positions yet, so she'll have every chance to force her way back in.

What's with all our Sunday afternoon games? Is this how you get rewarded for winning a flag? If we win it again i expect we will be playing on mondays next year.

Two Saturday matches and six Sunday matches is a pretty strange fixture, yes. Every single one of our home games is on a Sunday, too. Is it possible we requested Sunday matches? Maybe it helps to line things up with other usages of the oval?

someone said earlier that apparently Adelaide requested Sunday home games because it was better for families

As a single, 30 something male living in Melbourne with no dependents, I find it rather off putting that the fixture was not designed for me in mind at all
(no games in Melbourne and Adelaide games being on a Sunday = Hard to get to)

someone said earlier that apparently Adelaide requested Sunday home games because it was better for families

As a single, 30 something male living in Melbourne with no dependents, I find it rather off putting that the fixture was not designed for me in mind at all
(no games in Melbourne and Adelaide games being on a Sunday = Hard to get to)

Hate Sunday games and hate going/getting to Richmond oval so yeah hate the fixture too with no games likely attended this year either.

If I was wearing a tin foil hat it’s safe to say I’d be saying the powers that be certainly set up this fixture to give the Crows women’s side easily the hardest/complicated times and travel to stop them from making a 3rd Grand Final. On the flip side Melbourne play their first 5 games all in Victoria.

I remember making the observation last year that Gum is a similar player to Cramey in terms of skills and attack on the ball. Will be interesting to see how things go with both of them in the team for the first time. Both will certainly be important players for us for the rest of this season with our leadership relatively lacking with Chelsea out and Erin in constant doubt.

Hopefully we can win today, string 2 in a row, and build some much needed confidence for our relatively young team.

Jenny Williams having a long talk with Ailish Considine on the boundry while the team warms up

I'd imagine she'd be a helpful mentor so hopefully Ailish back soon and takes on whatever Jenny is saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back