Coach Coach most under pressure in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Woosha that’s for sure. A season of cruising.

Do you think the 'succession plan' setup at the dons will create pressure in itself amongst the playing group? Seems like it could be a year in limbo for the club, just waiting for the inevitable to occur so they can start properly with Rutten next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to say Ken Hinkley because that seems to be the most popular answer on this thread every year other than when Ross Lyon was coaching.

John Longmire.

Sydney finished bottom 4 last year and their list doesnt look exciting. Reckon the SCG fortress will be conquered quite a few times by visiting teams this season, with Longmire sacked mid-season.

Hinkley, with Goodwin not far behind. With the ridiculous amount of talent on his list that he's got, don't count out Leon Cameron being put under the microscope if he doesn't win a flag this season either. Pretty much in that order, with Woosha out (but agreed upon rather than forced out), and every other team pretty settled with their coaches.

Geelong and Sydney are pretty committed to Scott and Longmire, so that's a couple of years off at least (though I think they've had long enough). Historic amount of coaches turned over last season - Carlton, Freo, Adelaide, North, Saints - so I think it'll be pretty quiet for a year or two now, barring Hinkley or Goodwin out who look most likely this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back