Preview Expectations for the season

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't want the guys to get too ahead of themselves and potentially crash and burn next year, top six is OK for me

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
10-12 wins

I hate and love this time of the year because either too much hype is put and I get overly excited... then to be disappointed, OR no hype or expectations are placed and we just ride the season to do extremely well and I'm extremely happy.

Who knows. I hope we go deep in finals.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

2014 like end of season result would be ideal, win 1 final. Next year we entrench in the top 4 and flag. The business of winning flag is that your 1st flag must be done in one hit. We need some luck with injury but much more so with a gameplan that is built on excellent basics and then finished off with a few superstars leading the way. The 'superstars' in question here will emerge when everything else is sorted out.

Hopefully.

158249.jpg

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We should be cherry ripe for sustained success in 2 or 3 years if we show some nuts and pump serious game time into the likes of Scott, LDU, Simpkin, Ahern, Bonar, Larkey; TT, WW and CZ. Best cluster of young talent in decades. We'll have our share of ups and downs this year IMO as we transition away from a handful of experienced but limited Brad Scott regulars to these guys. I'm tipping the excitement will be palpable this time next year, particularly if we nail the 2020 draft. 9th to 12th for me with a bullet in 2021.

We should be cherry ripe for sustained success in 2 or 3 years if we show some nuts and pump serious game time into the likes of Scott, LDU, Simpkin, Ahern, Bonar, Larkey; TT, WW and CZ. Best cluster of young talent in decades. We'll have our share of ups and downs this year IMO as we transition away from a handful of experienced but limited Brad Scott regulars to these guys. I'm tipping the excitement will be palpable this time next year, particularly if we nail the 2020 draft. 9th to 12th for me with a bullet in 2021.

That would mean Shaw has gone backwards.

Protection for Cunners being treated like Seabiscuit......Been pathetic what the umps let em get away with against him, and only him.

True. However, I’m hoping that Cunnington will have added a string or two to his bow in order to help himself. I first saw signs of him getting a bit more “mobility” into his game against PA in R22. This has to be carried through in 2020. Last season was the first season that he got singled out by the opposition. He didn’t handle it very well because he was a bit of a one trick pony. Cunners ability to shake the tag this season will go a long way towards defining our season. We all know he’s a veritable beast. Now, the beast has to be able to “get on his bike” as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We got some learning and development to do. This is a work in progress. Ziebull, i hope you're right and best performed get spots each week. But not sure this will lead to finals. It may lead to longer term success though.

I really like our team and the tough bastard identitiy.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
expectations dependant on selection each week

If we play blokes in form and are ruthless with selection I expect finals

if we carry blokes like Macmillan, Atley etc then we won’t make the 8 again
Jmac is in leadership group so does that mean he’ll just get games regardless?

Back