AFLW Round 3 Discussion - 2020 AFLW season - Teams in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't put into words how much of an upset that is (although I think my tip sums it up pretty well).

Melbourne's inaccuracy by foot wasn't just limited to shots on goal, sloppiest ball use I've ever seen from them I reckon (in dry conditions at least). Big tactical error to leave Pearce down back all game too, even though she was very good, they needed some cleanness up front where the action was.

Despite the huge territory disadvantage, it did feel like the Saints were deserving winners on the night, a little more organised and a lot hungrier.

Melbourne looked better in the wet last week!

Also, they allowed saints to set up numbers behind the ball all night and didn't do a thing about it. Past 2 games Melbourne have executed a game plan to perfection, tonight they did not.

Watched the replay with the eldest.

Melbourne certainly lost this, have to be more accurate that that.

That said, Caitlin Greisers one hand mark and long goal was outstanding!

Chelsea Randall lookin like she's off to prosecute murderers for Jack McCoy after this, like it.

Charlotte Wilson late out for the Blues, Brooke Vernon comes in for her first game.

Blackburn splitting the pack, let's get a replay of that please. Hopefully poor little Gogos' leg injury isn't super serious, I love her.

Might've lost count but I think Pound has turned over her last four kicks clean, having a mare (just ended her streak as I write this).

Decent quality game here, the aflw would be much better if this was the typical standard. Imagine if there was still only 8 teams instead of spreading the talent thin across 14
Downside - less interest from juniors without a team. Yes the pool is diluted but it will be fine. No worries about that at all.

This has been good standard of footy too - very impressive attacking footy with hard bumps.

Great signs

Probably worth mentioning the winner of the inaugural AFLW QClash today should sit atop the Conference A ladder (for at least 24 hours in our case). Also, Brisbane's coach has been hospitalised and Daniel Merrett with coach the Lions women's team today so that in itself is very unique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downside - less interest from juniors without a team. Yes the pool is diluted but it will be fine. No worries about that at all.

This has been good standard of footy too - very impressive attacking footy with hard bumps.

Great signs
There's plenty of interest and girls already playing footy. There was before the aflw started. There is more risk that a poor quality will push people away.

Harris has set up 3 scoring opportunities (2 were turned into goals) with ground level hustle today, if we're just being honest.

Kirsten McLeod was robbed of goal of the year in 2019 imo, but at least she got nominated. Gonna be robbed again by a touch on the line this year after that effort.

Dogs showing a bit here, Vescio goal against the flow looking crucial now.

Make that four key pieces of forward-line crumbing by Tayla today.

Football eh, strange old game sometimes. Bulldogs got the result they deserved albeit by leaking goals in the one quarter they really stepped up their intensity!

There's plenty of interest and girls already playing footy. There was before the aflw started. There is more risk that a poor quality will push people away.
Couldn’t disagree more but that’s the internet isn’t it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back