Brisbane Car Fire Deaths

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
His point was that in Marriage, violence against a partner can be sometimes be justified.
This is a shocking admission from a member of the same institution that endorses Marriage.

For me his point was, let's try and find out why he did it, was there any contributing factors that we can uncover to hopefully prevent this from ever happening again?

If he was just a plain, jealous evil bastard then so be it but they have to look. On the other hand, the coppers could just say, he's dead, the wife and kids are dead, no one is going to get charged with anything, so why even bother. It's open and shut.

Maybe he was angry with the courts for denying him as much access as he wanted, maybe he wasn't even angry at her or the kids but he took his anger at the courts out on them. Who the * knows, but they have to try and find out.

There will be all sorts of things we don't know about. Have they absolutely, conclusively said he was 100% the perp yet, that's it's an open and shut, slamdunk case against him?

Everything we're hearing from family and friends say that he was a jealous, evil prick, I'd just like the coppers and coroner to dot their i's and cross their t's.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
For me his point was, let's try and find out why he did it, was there any contributing factors that we can uncover to hopefully prevent this from ever happening again?

If he was just a plain, jealous evil bastard then so be it but they have to look. On the other hand, the coppers could just say, he's dead, the wife and kids are dead, no one is going to get charged with anything, so why even bother. It's open and shut.

Maybe he was angry with the courts for denying him as much access as he wanted, maybe he wasn't even angry at her or the kids but he took his anger at the courts out on them. Who the fu** knows, but they have to try and find out.

There will be all sorts of things we don't know about. Have they absolutely, conclusively said he was 100% the perp yet, that's it's an open and shut, slamdunk case against him?

Everything we're hearing from family and friends say that he was a jealous, evil prick, I'd just like the coppers and coroner to dot their i's and cross their t's.
Sure that's fine. Happy with that. But let's not have Men's Rights groups jump on board and turn him into some sort of martyr either.

or me his point was, let's try and find out why he did it, was there any contributing factors that we can uncover to hopefully prevent this from ever happening again?

If he was just a plain, jealous evil bastard then so be it but they have to look.

Sometimes with a certain kind of man, the jealous, evil, entitled kind where the image is more important than the reality and who assumes a self righteous ownership of his wife and kids an AVO can inflame them either further. Maybe that needs to be looked at because the bottom line is, they're utterly useless against this type.

In the meantime, friends and family are getting in this narc's ear winding him up and sympathizing with how unfair it all is, he's such a loving father and yes, he should have access to his children whenever he wants, it's so obvious that controlling bitch is working the system against him ... BOOM!

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Sure that's fine. Happy with that. But let's not have Men's Rights groups jump on board and turn him into some sort of martyr either.

They didn't with that prick, whom shall remain nameless, that threw his little girl off the Westgate Bridge and they didn't with John Sharpe who spear gunned his pregnant wife and little girl (he had to reload and shoot a 2nd time to finish her off).

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

Maybe he was angry with the courts for denying him as much access as he wanted, maybe he wasn't even angry at her or the kids but he took his anger at the courts out on them. Who the fu** knows, but they have to try and find out.

I've just read that she gave detailed information to emergency responders before she died. She did that with burns to 97% of her body. Incredible.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
They didn't with that prick, whom shall remain nameless, that threw his little girl off the Westgate Bridge and they didn't with John Sharpe who spear gunned his pregnant wife and little girl (he had to reload and shoot a 2nd time to finish her off).
Were there custody issues involved with both of those crimes.

Absolutely horrific and unforgivable act.
It sounds like he had some deeper issues that were never (or unsuccessfully) treated.

We can’t bring the family back but what lessons can be learnt from this atrocity?

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Were there custody issues involved with both of those crimes.

Westgate Bridge yes, Mornington Monster I no, I think from memory that he just wanted out of the marriage.

In the Bridge one, there was a chance he was going to throw the boys over too but he was stopped by other motorists who had pulled over.

is it time we start teaching domestic violence and personality traits such as controlling behaviour etc

I'm thinking this should start in primary school, long before kids pursue meaningful relationships. Then when they do, they could be in an informed position and a little better aware of the dangers they find themselves in early.

It may also open discussions about home life.

I would go as far as chemically castrating those guilty of domestic violence, rather than retraining orders. Denying these people of their sexuality may help control their behaviour and deny them of the urge of seeking further victims....................just as we do with pedos.

is it time we start teaching domestic violence and personality traits such as controlling behaviour etc

I'm thinking this should start in primary school, long before kids pursue meaningful relationships. Then when they do, they could be in an informed position and a little better aware of the dangers they find themselves in early.

I was offered a job speaking to secondary students on this same thing, while I was thinking about how I could weave it in I had an accident and couldn't even string a sentence together for a while so that was out. I don't think anybody in the org followed through with it, great idea though.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

Just tagging on to your discussion, why do you think this is the case?
I remember the outrage at the two incidents that you mentioned and i can't remember the language being used to describe those men as being the same as this case.

I was offered a job speaking to secondary students on this same thing, while I was thinking about how I could weave it in I had an accident and couldn't even string a sentence together for a while so that was out. I don't think anybody in the org followed through with it, great idea though.

I hope my next comment isn't taken as victim blaming...............

DV is not a one sided issue. The fact it takes two to have a relationship, the victim is partly responsible solely because they find themselves in the situation. That responsibility isn't the responsibility of the other persons actions but responsibility for finding themselves in the situation and responsibility to get out of the situation.

Clearly many find themselves completely helpless and lacking the skills, tools and options to remove themselves or avoid the situation in the first place. Otherwise incidents like this wouldn't have occurred.

Help centers and refuge centers are important but prevention is better than cure.

If we only focus on the perpetrator, we will fail. It is difficult to change a c**t from being a c**t, unless we chemically castrate them. but by then they have already hurt others and possibly permanently damaged families and kids minds.

So the most powerful way is to teach individuals and society, how to recognise the warning signs. So people can avoid entering relationships and or getting out early. By educating society, we could see the warning signs and ask questions to help victims early.

I'm pro empowerment, education and choices

So the most powerful way is to teach individuals and society, how to recognise the warning signs. So people can avoid entering relationships and or getting out early. By educating society, we could see the warning signs and ask questions to help victims early.

I'm pro empowerment, education and choices

It's too late once you've been sucked into it and this might shock people but many women don't even see the signs until they're pregnant and showing, when at their most vulnerable. It can be so stunning and utterly terrifying, they just hope it was a one off stress incident or write it off as their pregnant brain skewing their perception.

The program though was to focus on recognition and choices.

It's too late once you've been sucked into it and this might shock people but many women don't even see the signs until they're pregnant and showing, when at their most vulnerable. It can be so stunning and utterly terrifying, they just hope it was a one off stress incident or write it off as their pregnant brain skewing their perception.

I'd also suggest some women find the same traits that end up being dangerous, quite attractive in the early stages.

I'd also suggest some women find the same traits that end up being dangerous, quite attractive in the early stages.

That comes down to immaturity imo and it needs to be called. Women with men who have a history of violence should not think it will never come for them because it probably will.

That's the problem, most women especially younger ones are caught up In the "romance" and don't recognise the early warning signs. Afterwards it's hard to leave the relationship especially if she falls pregnant

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Absolutely horrific and unforgivable act.
It sounds like he had some deeper issues that were never (or unsuccessfully) treated.

We can’t bring the family back but what lessons can be learnt from this atrocity?
Spoke to my wife (a shrink who deals with some of these types) about it. Obviously not a huge amount is known about this guy but made a pretty interesting point - don’t ignore the way it was done. The way they kill themselves/others is usually telling.

The rage and contempt he was feeling was probably at a level that is almost unimaginable to your average Joe so he was probably a raging narcissist, a term that gets bandied about a lot these days but isn’t always that well understood.

If that’s the case, he’s one of a class of people which is the least likely to seek help and the least likely to benefit from it anyway. Admitting any failing is impossible, and his deep seated problems would have started when he was young.

It’s not a matter of other men ‘calling out’ his behaviour. Best you can do is get the wife away and lock him up if he tries anything.

I think she might lose her Order of Australia.

Mr Smith
(Liberal MP) claimed Ms Arndt's comments had "brought disrepute on the Order" and as a result, the award should be cancelled.

He said her views "seek to make excuses for extreme violence".

"I deeply regret involving the Order of Australia in controversy [as] our honour system has been designed over the decades to be above rancour, but in this instance, I do believe a line has been crossed."

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

This same story nearly happened in 2017 to a different woman, and Queensland Police simply didn't give a s**t back then. This force is riddled with troglodytes from top to bottom, and they can't be trusted to prevent crimes like the guy setting his wife and kids on fire, because clearly they think it's just a bit of a giggle, nothing to see here.

Back