Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Heading to Miami soon for a couple of weeks on a work trip (by myself). Been to the US a few times but never Miami. Staying & working in the Brickell/Downtown area. Won't be driving. Suggestions for things to check out that are easily accessible by foot/public transport? Thx.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Heading to Miami soon for a couple of weeks on a work trip (by myself). Been to the US a few times but never Miami. Staying & working in the Brickell/Downtown area. Won't be driving. Suggestions for things to check out that are easily accessible by foot/public transport? Thx.

Little Havana

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
So was just wondering if any experts in here would assist in what they think estimated costs for 3 weeks in US would be including flights, accommodation and spending money in April ?

Will be doing 1 week on the west coast and 2 weeks in the east coast

I’ve got it mapped at about 2.5k for flights (going LA, Vegas, Philly, NY, Miami) about 2.5k for accommodation and then about 3k spending money (will be doing about 3 baseball games and 3 nba games along the way as well)

Is that reasonable?

Miami was a bit pricey as one of those weeks was Easter but was only time I could go due to work

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
So was just wondering if any experts in here would assist in what they think estimated costs for 3 weeks in US would be including flights, accommodation and spending money in April ?

I’ve got it mapped at about 2.5k for flights (going LA, Vegas, Philly, NY, Miami) about 2.5k for accommodation and then about 3k spending money (will be doing about 3 baseball games and 3 nba games along the way as well)

Is that reasonable?

Miami was a bit pricey as one of those weeks was Easter but was only time I could go due to work

It cost me like 7k last year for 3 weeks over there. Was staying in Air bnb's though and hardly drank over there as the aussie dollar just didn't justify it.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
It cost me like 7k last year for 3 weeks over there. Was staying in Air bnb's though and hardly drank over there as the aussie dollar just didn't justify it.
Yeah I think 7.5k-8k will be what it costs me but will just be eating a fair bit of s**t food just so I don’t blow the budget

If I had of booked 2-3 months earlier could of saved a bit on flights but just couldn’t commit with work

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I think 7.5k-8k will be what it costs me but will just be eating a fair bit of s**t food just so I don’t blow the budget

If I had of booked 2-3 months earlier could of saved a bit on flights but just couldn’t commit with work

Travelling on your own? You could probably shave $500 off the accommodation if you wanted to.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers

Is that reasonable?

I live in the States and comment here from time to time.

Taking into account the current 4X, your accommodation costs are too low unless you have some package deal.

COL @ USD93 a day is OK as a tourist in a big city, but with tips you won't be living high on the hog.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I live in the States and comment here from time to time.

Taking into account the current 4X, your accommodation costs are too low unless you have some package deal.

COL @ USD93 a day is OK as a tourist in a big city, but with tips you won't be living high on the hog.
Going with 3 guys so we’re splitting a double bed room hence the cheaper accommodation

Got a free room for 2 nights in Vegas as well

Haven’t travelled to the states so 3K was just an estimate, and your right if you wanna enjoy yourself it’s probably understated

4K probably sounds more reasonable

Last edited:

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Thinking of a short but sweet lads trip. Meeting in LA, hiring an RV, driving to Portland over 12 days and then flying back. 4 of us, 12 days. Any recommendations for stop overs on the way? Coastal a priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
At the risk of being Capt Obvious - US closed down now re travel. In or out. Hopefully any Oz travelers to here can get a refund/postponement free of charge.

Local areas in many states have restaurants and bars shut. Even road trips are problematic.

For those of a certain age it's reminiscent of Neville Shute's 'On the Beach'.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Was supposed to fly Miami - LA - Melb in 3 days but got my flights changed to today. Currently sitting in LAX waiting to board QF94 home.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Thinking of a short but sweet lads trip. Meeting in LA, hiring an RV, driving to Portland over 12 days and then flying back. 4 of us, 12 days. Any recommendations for stop overs on the way? Coastal a priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drive from la to vegas. 4 hours drive.

spend 9 days in vegas

Drive from vegas to portland. 40 hours drive with no stops

fly back home.

Back