Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
Hope it is ok if a plant a fantasy related question here fellas..

Having a hard time finding Tom Mitchell rehab reports since pre Christmas, has he been in full training long and how long has he been completing all the running/cardio/stamia stuff for, cheers and good to see the little champ had a good hit out in the match sim.

Hope it is ok if a plant a fantasy related question here fellas..

Having a hard time finding Tom Mitchell rehab reports since pre Christmas, has he been in full training long and how long has he been completing all the running/cardio/stamia stuff for, cheers and good to see the little champ had a good hit out in the match sim.
Played controlled minutes tonight vs Saints. Got enough of it but looked a bit rusty. Covered plenty of ground.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If there's one thing that continually impresses me about HFC it's the positive and club focussed attitude of all it's players, great or small.

Tom epitomises that. Although he's won awards and broken records, I have total faith that he'll keep putting in the hard yards to get beat his previous bests in order to give the club its best chance. Was great to see him back. Should captain this side next year.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Yep. Will be better for the run. Laid some good tackles too.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not worried about his ability to find the ball - he's an absolute natural and that is something that will stay with him for life.

It was the tackling and hard running that worried me the most, so that was the most pleasing part for mine.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm not worried about his ability to find the ball - he's an absolute natural and that is something that will stay with him for life.

It was the tackling and hard running that worried me the most, so that was the most pleasing part for mine.
He came back on his terms. When he was ready. And it showed. Come r1 he'll be cherry ripe. A true pro. Hope he captains this club next year.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He came back on his terms. When he was ready. And it showed. Come r1 he'll be cherry ripe. A true pro. Hope he captains this club next year.
I see Mitchell kind of like goku. He is a great player that is able to focus I intensely on his own preparation to the expense of his wife and child (seriously, how much time does goku spend in that hyperbolic time chamber?). He would certainly set a high bar for personal standards for the team to follow. But does this make him the best captain? As captain you also need to have a certain level of selflessness to give something of yourself to others in order to make them better. What would change about the influence Tom has now if he were to become captain? His personal standards are there for everyone to see already. No one works harder than he does.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I see Mitchell kind of like goku. He is a great player that is able to focus I intensely on his own preparation to the expense of his wife and child (seriously, how much time does goku spend in that hyperbolic time chamber?). He would certainly set a high bar for personal standards for the team to follow. But does this make him the best captain? As captain you also need to have a certain level of selflessness to give something of yourself to others in order to make them better. What would change about the influence Tom has now if he were to become captain? His personal standards are there for everyone to see already. No one works harder than he does.
Jaegar is my future captain.

Tom Mitchell has also clearly attained Ultra Instinct with the way he moves through traffic and quickly dishes it off faster than we can see.

Can I just point out how absurd it is that Tom just casually racked up 21 disposals 6 clearances and 5 tackles in half a game after 18 months out...

Pre season or not that is impressive. His footy IQ is off the charts.
Bet he doesn't get any Brownlow votes for the effort though.

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can I just point out how absurd it is that Tom just casually racked up 21 disposals 6 clearances and 5 tackles in half a game after 18 months out...

Absolutely ridiculous, that is from 61% ToG as well. Consider that he used to average about 90+% ToG pre-injury. He is a beast.

Whilst being tagged!

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having a more in depth think about Titch's perceived drop in output, I reckon the dude has gone through a lot of stuff recently that will have had a massive impact on him both onfield and off:
  1. Leg break- pretty self explanatory
  2. Covid season- impacted everyone pretty badly, but I think will have had an even larger impact on Titch considering it impacted the season he returned from the broken leg
  3. Launch of the Ball Magnets app. Cannot be understated how taxing this kind of entrepreneurship can be on an individual, no matter how much support they have around them. It had been in the making for a long time coming and I think could have played a factor in Titches ability to train given his professionalism (that's not meant as a knock on his professionalism, more of a comment on the fact that his usual routine was probably shaken quite a bit by the rigors and requirements to launch the app.
  4. His relationship ending. That's the kinda thing that's probably been bubbling away for a while and could have caused a fair bit of tension for the lad.
I'm pretty curious as to Titches output over the next 12-18 months and whether things settle down for him.

Edit: this is of course on top of a reduced output from our ruck stocks and the general shape of our playing list/his play style limitations.

Last edited:

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've always thought a "see ball; get ball" style midfielder should be able to be handy "resting" in a forward pocket

Back