Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Watching The Australian Dream on ABC...
Anyone who booed Adam Goodes should hang their heads in shame! Absolute disgrace!!
It is a blight on AFL fans & the general public that one is the games greats went out on such a s**t note because of racist assholes!
It's all on bigfooty. Just find the thread and you can relive the whole debate

Wilder and Fury are the two best heavy weights in the world right now. Joshua isn’t even in the conversation. Both these blokes would finish him.

It’d be career suicide if Wilder doesn’t invoke the rematch, because no one will want to fight him with nothing to gain but everything to lose.
The money on offer for Joshua v Fury would be up there and his manager wants it to happen. I think peak Joshua can go toe to toe with Fury much more than Wilder.
Wilder will have to wait. I mean he was giving up 20 kilos today whereas Joshua would be a more intimidating feat for mine

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The money on offer for Joshua v Fury would be up there and his manager wants it to happen. I think peak Joshua can go toe to toe with Fury much more than Wilder.
Wilder will have to wait. I mean he was giving up 20 kilos today whereas Joshua would be a more intimidating feat for mine

Fair enough. Depends on the contract I spose.

What does Joshua weigh? He’s slightly shorter then Wilder but he’s built like an Adonis so I reckon he’d weigh a bit more. I stated earlier in the thread that Joshua isn’t in the conversation with Fury & Wilder but that was underselling him. Don’t know why I wrote that tbh.

Either way this goes its exciting. If Fury fights Joshua and takes his belt too and then Wilder evokes the clause It'll be a big fight again- if Wilder can put on some size. If Joshua beats Fury it opens it right up as well.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fury licking Wilders blood is hilarious. He’s a savage, love it. People complaining about it need to realise these guys aren’t like us, especially in a fight. They’re savages and expecting them to conform to what’s deemed normal behaviour is laughable.
Fury is not a normal sportsman, his comments before the fight were regarding a celebratory party including coke and hookers. Cheap ones, where he’d need a penicillin shot afterwards.

he went off the rails after Klitschko and the brits love him for it.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fury is not a normal sportsman, his comments before the fight were regarding a celebratory party including coke and hookers. Cheap ones, where he’d need a penicillin shot afterwards.

he went off the rails after Klitschko and the brits love him for it.

He’s very likeable. They all are.

Coronovirus cat out of the bag now - spreading quick in both major advanced economies like Italy and South Korea, and also in places like Iran.

Iran is the big one, if it is established there, hard to avoid a pandemic through all of Eurasia and Africa.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coronovirus cat out of the bag now - spreading quick in both major advanced economies like Italy and South Korea, and also in places like Iran.

Iran is the big one, if it is established there, hard to avoid a pandemic through all of Eurasia and Africa.
Mortality rate is currently 3.1%, which is similar to the Spanish Flu. If this isn't brought under control soon then a hell of a lot of older and vulnerable people are going to die. It seems to be easily transmissible and who knows if a new strain will kick off, which it can do at any point. The Spanish Flu infected 27% of the world population and was spread through the return of soldiers after WW1. We don't have returning soldiers but we do have international air travel. We get the same spread rate and mortality rate today and thats 231,000,000 deaths.

Mortality rate is currently 3.1%, which is similar to the Spanish Flu. If this isn't brought under control soon then a hell of a lot of older and vulnerable people are going to die. It seems to be easily transmissible and who knows if a new strain will kick off, which it can do at any point. The Spanish Flu infected 27% of the world population and was spread through the return of soldiers after WW1. We don't have returning soldiers but we do have international air travel. We get the same spread rate and mortality rate today and thats 231,000,000 deaths.

Yeah, Australia and the Americas can probably contain it with a quarantine, but that comes at a massive cost. It is in the Iranian holy city of Qom, that means it is already all over the Middle East - so many pilgrims coming in and out of Qom, all the mingling there - and if it gets a hold in the Middle East then it goes to Africa and Europe.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, Australia and the Americas can probably contain it with a quarantine, but that comes at a massive cost. It is in the Iranian holy city of Qom, that means it is already all over the Middle East - so many pilgrims coming in and out of Qom, all the mingling there - and if it gets a hold in the Middle East then it goes to Africa and Europe.
It’s the third world countries which will suffer the biggest fallout, especially ones coming up to monsoon season Pakistan, India and Bangladesh.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ultimately I think that this will be the thing that we here will remember most after this is over, if it tips over the edge.

It’s the third world countries which will suffer the biggest fallout, especially ones coming up to monsoon season Pakistan, India and Bangladesh.

Oh completely, like always. Decades of sanctions on Iran means they don't have the resources in any way to deal with it.

Ultimately I think that this will be the thing that we here will remember most after this is over, if it tips over the edge.

It could well tip a massive overvalued equities markets into a serious crash. Wall Street futures already 400 points down for tomorrow opening there.

LOL if a virus out of China pops the Trump market bubble nine months out from the election.

This chat should probably go in the Devils' Chessboard thread.

Great pandemics - not saying this one will be - influence global affairs in ways both immediate and long term.

Fair enough. Depends on the contract I spose.

What does Joshua weigh? He’s slightly shorter then Wilder but he’s built like an Adonis so I reckon he’d weigh a bit more. I stated earlier in the thread that Joshua isn’t in the conversation with Fury & Wilder but that was underselling him. Don’t know why I wrote that tbh.

Either way this goes its exciting. If Fury fights Joshua and takes his belt too and then Wilder evokes the clause It'll be a big fight again- if Wilder can put on some size. If Joshua beats Fury it opens it right up as well.
Joshua is 198cm and weighs 108kg.
Fury is 206cm and 115kg.

Fury has a reach but Joshua with the right tactics and if he comes in peak condition could possibly take down Fury. Never say never in boxing.

Compare that to Wilder who is only 96kg -he basically never stood a chance against a fit Fury.
All the boxing greats said it pre fight when giving their predictions that Fury looked in menacing touch and it was proven correct.

I personally can see a retirement fight only for Wilder going forward to bump up his trust fund.
If he stacks on the weight he’ll just become slower and more of an easy target for a big shot to land.

Joshua is likable and as is Fury and that’s why their fight as an all England affair will rate its dick off because we want to see how great Fury is and imagine AJ takes him down?
Would be amazing television.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Joshua is 198cm and weighs 108kg.
Fury is 206cm and 115kg.

Fury has a reach but Joshua with the right tactics and if he comes in peak condition could possibly take down Fury. Never say never in boxing.

Compare that to Wilder who is only 96kg -he basically never stood a chance against a fit Fury.
All the boxing greats said it pre fight when giving their predictions that Fury looked in menacing touch and it was proven correct.

I personally can see a retirement fight only for Wilder going forward to bump up his trust fund.
If he stacks on the weight he’ll just become slower and more of an easy target for a big shot to land.

Joshua is likable and as is Fury and that’s why their fight as an all England affair will rate its dick off because we want to see how great Fury is and imagine AJ takes him down?
Would be amazing television.

Looks he he’s using the clause.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back