Tool - FEAR INOCULUM

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The best parts of Fear Inoculum, Pnuema, Invincible and 7empest are all their endings, so I don't buy into your "not building to anything" point.

Personally I think the best bit of Pneuma is the huge riff is brought in early. It's the sort of crescendo Tool take minutes to build into but they do it nearly straight away and return to it a few times. That song is the best on the album by miles imo, one of my GOAT Tool songs already.

Oct 16, 2007
Balwyn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Personally I think the best bit of Pneuma is the huge riff is brought in early. It's the sort of crescendo Tool take minutes to build into but they do it nearly straight away and return to it a few times. That song is the best on the album by miles imo, one of my GOAT Tool songs already.

.... the riffs from 9.19 onwards take me to another place.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard to believe the tour is upon us! First show in Perth tonight. I gotta wait until Thursday for the Brissy show though....

The set lists have looked great so far, they played 7empest live for the first time ever I’m Sydney

Just went to Brisbane show and they played it again, was one of my favourites.. bloody good show.

third time i have seen Tool play live and they smashed it out of the park tonight!

Their new stuff us ******* awesome live

Kudos boys! kudos!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Invincible is incredible live.
On.y disappointing thing was they didn’t play 7empest, but apart from that was best show I’ve seen them play was y 4th time seeing them, hopefully they come back sooner then later

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Did feel like at the Perth gig, that a fair chunk of the crowd didn’t know the new stuff very well. Like in Pneuma about 3 minutes in when the first real hard bit come in, I was getting ready to go spaz in the mosh (very soft mosh must be said, all us old farts can’t go too hard these days!!) and it felt like no one around me knew the hard bit was coming?? I don’t think it helped that you couldn’t buy the new album in regular CD form. Not all of us drive cars with iPhone connectivity. I’m still running the old CD player. Made it harder to get the new album and get to know it well

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
LMAO my old car only has a CD player and my laptop doesn't have a CD drive so when FI came out I especially bought a USB CD burner so I could burn a copy for the car.

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
Did feel like at the Perth gig, that a fair chunk of the crowd didn’t know the new stuff very well. Like in Pneuma about 3 minutes in when the first real hard bit come in, I was getting ready to go spaz in the mosh (very soft mosh must be said, all us old farts can’t go too hard these days!!) and it felt like no one around me knew the hard bit was coming?? I don’t think it helped that you couldn’t buy the new album in regular CD form. Not all of us drive cars with iPhone connectivity. I’m still running the old CD player. Made it harder to get the new album and get to know it well
Get a connector for the lighter socket. I still have a cd but I hook my phone up with the adaptor thing.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
On the train home. Got 7empest! Had great seats as well, right next to Adam.

I guess I'm getting old but that opening act was ******* awful.

Haha, agreed. We walked in to the floor to get a good spot and walked straight back out, that dude was absolute trash!! Time was much better spent in the beer line getting ready for the main event.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm guessing that will be their last album though, maybe even last proper tour. Reckon Maynard would be about ready to disappear into to ether.

I had a chat with Danny after one of the shows, and certainly no impression they're calling it quits any time soon. In fact he was pretty optimistic of another Australia run before the Fear Inoculum tour cycle ends

Back