Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have a recent update on how Stewart is tracking?
Well, we know he's alive since he was photographed at Team Photo Day today. Training reports online saying he's in the modified group, but running and kicking the ball. I guess that's something?

The last injury update we got from the club was that he went to Ireland in November for some sort of program with Daniher and one of the physios, but when Daniher went back last month he seemed to go alone.

AA110220SM0186.JPG

Well, we know he's alive since he was photographed at Team Photo Day today. Training reports online saying he's in the modified group, but running and kicking the ball. I guess that's something?

The last injury update we got from the club was that he went to Ireland in November for some sort of program with Daniher and one of the physios, but when Daniher went back last month he seemed to go alone.

View attachment 821113
that's a really ******* weird photo

How so?

I think it's a pretty cool photo. Or is that why it's weird?
it looks like a composite of many different photos, the lightening is weird, but mostly how they are so enamoured by each other’s hair styles.

Tippa went traditional footy pic - look straight ahead eyes closed. Laverde and Stringer look like they were just told they were competing for the same spot this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury update!

Running freely and with speed, rejoins the main group in 3-4 weeks and also doing agility and pelvic strength work.

Fellow forward James Stewart has been off the scene since booting four goals in the opening round of the 2019 VFL season, but the versatile tall has been kicking goals on the track and is closing in on his return to full training as he recovers from his own groin injury.

“James is doing extremely well. Like Joe, he’s got to work on his strength and capacity around the pelvis,” Rundle said.

“He’s running freely, he’s running with good speed, he’s doing some good agility work and he should be integrating back in with group within the next three to four weeks.”

Injury update!

Running freely and with speed, rejoins the main group in 3-4 weeks and also doing agility and pelvic strength work.

i’m a little excited about this guy. hes a penny stock who has got a blue chip rehab.

Light training session on Friday morning. This sentence was buried on the Blitz thread;
"Of the injured players: Stewart, kicking off left and right with lateral movements, shouldn’t be far off joining the main group."

Very much a forgotten man is Stewart, and at 26 he should be coming into his prime. Before he was injured his stats while at the Bombers read pretty damn good;-

stats while at Bombers: average - disposals: 12.5, marks: 4.5, goals: 1.4, inside 50's: 2.5, tackles: 1.8

If he can come back and provided a tall target up forward and replicate those sort of stats then he will a huge bonus for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back