WTA WTA Tour - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

came as China was forced to forfeited a Davis Cup tie because their men’s tennis team cannot travel to Romania next month.

The International Tennis Federation cited “increased restrictions in response to the current coronavirus outbreak” for the decision, announced on Tuesday.

China were to play in Piatra Neamt, Romania, on March 6-7 in a World Group I playoff.

The ITF said Romania will advfell after it told the market ance to a World Group I tie in September. China will drop into World Group II.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Yeah wow, maybe I need to retract my statement about Anisimova. What a meltdown. Up 3-1 in the final set with break points for 4-1 and then she struggled to keep the ball in the court. First set too in the TB she was up 2*-1 and Strycova was smashing balls away in frustration then she proceeds to hit about 5 UE on the trot. She then played a beautiful second set and was cruising in the 3rd.

Women’s tennis...you just never know what’s going to happen. Too unpredictable. You can’t really rely on anyone to win when they should because there’s so many momentum swings. I just hate it when the clearly more talented and aggressive player loses it for themselves. Good old grinder Strycova had a meltdown with everyone whenever she lost a point, then would fist pump non stop when she won a point. Pretty tiresome.
Anisimova is still so, so young. she lost her father/coach late last year and it is still affecting her(understandably). She has a bright future if she can reclaim her momentum and her willpower. This really isn't a criticism of her. Would be so hard for her and something which is much deeper than a tennis court.

As for Rybakina, I didn't expect that result when I woke up. I rate her and I watched a bit of her in Hobart. Lovely serve and 1-2 punch. I didn't watch her against Barty at the AO but it sounded like Barty exploited her movement. She is a big girl(1.84M) after all. So, my theory is/was that against players who could return well and make her move and get her off the baseline would do well against her. Assessing that again after beating Kenin. Impressive after playing in St.Petersburg on Sunday. Bertens didn't make the trip for a reason.

One reckons she will burn up before the end of the year due to overplaying this early. she already has a 16/3 record for the year.

Anisimova is still so, so young. she lost her father/coach late last year and it is still affecting her(understandably). She has a bright future if she can reclaim her momentum and her willpower. This really isn't a criticism of her. Would be so hard for her and something which is much deeper than a tennis court.

As for Rybakina, I didn't expect that result when I woke up. I rate her and I watched a bit of her in Hobart. Lovely serve and 1-2 punch. I didn't watch her against Barty at the AO but it sounded like Barty exploited her movement. She is a big girl(1.84M) after all. So, my theory is/was that against players who could return well and make her move and get her off the baseline would do well against her. Assessing that again after beating Kenin. Impressive after playing in St.Petersburg on Sunday. Bertens didn't make the trip for a reason.

One reckons she will burn up before the end of the year due to overplaying this early. she already has a 16/3 record for the year.

Think we have to be patient with Anisimova she has the game but her being on the court in itself is more important than her winning. She did an interview on Eurosport that basically said that.

Think Kenin and Rybakina are pretty similar in terms of talent at least, I was on your page too didn't expect the result but it's not an out and out surprise at the same time.

Bertens needs to be smart and not break down by the French like last year, if that means missing a tournament or two so be it. She's ranked high enough anyway

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Lets just say, Kim would thrash Svitolina atm. Just thrashed by Brady 2 and 1.

Quite funny while Gael is in the best form of his career, Elena, his boyfriend, is in her worst.
Not a one off that loss. Svitolina in four of her losses this season.

Collins * 6-1, 6-1 Brisbane
Muguruza * 6-1, 6-2 AO
Hibino * 6-4, 6-2 Hua Hin
Brady * 6-2, 6-1 St. Petersburg

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings

See this is what happens when you go on a tennis ban for 3 years (long story, don’t ask). I didn’t know about her fathers passing until I researched last night. That’s undoubtedly a massive hole in her life, especially considering she’s 18, so to be playing so soon after and performing adequately is a testament to her character. I’ll be keeping a close eye on her because I love her game and big things are in store if she can mentally hang in there.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Brady has the best forehand on tour. Big win for her against Muguruza. Showcases that the Aussie form is not a one-off. Halep is a huge test. they had a close one in Australia in round 1 IIRC. Rybakina beat Pliskova as well.

Semis
Simona Halep vs. Jennifer Brady
Elena Rybakina(AGAIN!!!!) vs. Petra Martic

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Doha.
Halep a late out.
Hon v Alja T first round.
Barty v Rybakina third round if they get that far. Both should comfortably.
Barty & Schuurs teaming up again. Two for two playing together..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh Kiki.....

First, up 5-1 but loses it in a tb.
2nd set, she wins 6-0
3rd set, loses 6-3.

I am struggling to think of another player who is as completely random than her

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1582618368030.png

1582618426202.png

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
If you had shares in Svitolina, you would be selling them on the cheap atm. Huge worry. lost 6-3, 6-3 to Anisimova. Barty got a W/O as Rybakinas body finally broke down.

Ajla beat Hon but got thrashed by Muguruza. Kenin is having the after slam blues losing in her first match of the tournament. In saying that, she has played 2 very good players in Rybakina and now Yastremska, so i would still be keeping the Kenin shares.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
I have FINALLY caught up and finished Dubai. Now I got Doha to catch up on, oh boy wish me luck.

Rybakina...amazing. Didn’t expect much from her at all after playing so much tennis but she actually probably should’ve won the title, that FH return at 5-5 in the TB was probably the match. So, so close. But man, what a future she has. She’s so calm under pressure, still goes for her shots, doesn’t let the scoreboard or the moment impact her at all. Nerves of steel. If she develops a little more consistency and a slightly improving net game, then sky’s the limit. Huge fan. She beat some very good players during this run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back