Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought the whole show was epic.

Legitimately some of the best concert visuals I've seen.

Brilliant :thumbsu:

There's no other band on the planet that's even remotely similar in style, substance, narrative and performance.

Those visuals with the hands.......man!

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People peak at different times. What was Fury doing when he was 19? Did he have 12 heavyweight wins under his belt?

The big pikey was probably menacing the bare knuckle unlicensed fights at various camp sites throughout Britain
Yes, a young Tyson was a product of the 1984 LA LA games, even thou he didn’t make the cut.

Went pro straight after.

At the time, it was a win against the Soviets at any cost.

Looks he he’s using the clause.

Building that trust fund. Good luck to him he’s going to need it.
Funny they refer to punches in hope as Hail Marys because he’ll need that to win the third fight

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love this boxing revival.

Ok. Heavyweight punchers:

David Tua - jingos what a hook

Merciless Ray Mercer - his Ko of Tommy Morrison is maybe the hardest to watch in boxing history.
I don’t think we’ll see many knockouts like those two used to deliver anymore. Refs tend to jump in now when opposition hands have dropped. :p

Marvin Hagler was always good to watch, Gennady Golovkin would be my pick of today’s fighters.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love this boxing revival.

Ok. Heavyweight punchers:

David Tua - jingos what a hook

Merciless Ray Mercer - his Ko of Tommy Morrison is maybe the hardest to watch in boxing history.
Lennox Lewis said something like
‘You need to bring more than a big hook and bad haircut to a Lennox Lewis fight’! re Tua

I agree with part of this.

But Tyson was never the biggest, but he's the most feared heavyweight of all time. I'd back a young Tyson against Fury, every day of the week.

Ali, Foreman, Frazier were great champs, but they were never feared like Tyson was.

He was just so incredibly quick, defensive skills off the charts and I would of backed Tyson to get inside of Fury pretty easily given their respective size and speed differences and once Mike was in there, it was good night...

Just incredibly brutal in his absolute prime.

Yep. Genuinely scary, awe inspiring, whatever. I've never really seen any boxer since in the same way. I can imagine Tyson fighting anything and winning. Predator, a Great White, Bruce Lee, Evangelion, Urotsukidoji, Cthulhu.

Genuinely a chance against any of them.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Building that trust fund. Good luck to him he’s going to need it.
Funny they refer to punches in hope as Hail Marys because he’ll need that to win the third fight

Yeah he looked half the man he usually does. It’s going to take a lot of work to get to Fury’s level. Not sure he’s got it in him after watching that, but who knows. Obviously he thinks he can get it done

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep. Genuinely scary, awe inspiring, whatever. I've never really seen any boxer since in the same way. I can imagine Tyson fighting anything and winning. Predator, a Great White, Bruce Lee, Evangelion, Urotsukidoji, Cthulhu.

Genuinely a chance against any of them.
The Great Old One disputes this assessment.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This explains the surprising one sided nature of the loss.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...mes-ring-walk-outfit-knockout-loss-tyson-fury

Other reasons I've heard him mention elsewhere include having the flu and not being able to adjust to the 6-6-6.

I just listened to Joe Rogan talk about the fight. According to him, in Fury v Wilder 1, Fury realised in the 12th round that Wider can’t fight off his back foot, cant fight going backwards. Everyone is always worried about Wilder knocking them out. So they try to out point him.

That’s why Fury changed changed trainers and went after Wilder. The more I learn about the fight the more impressive Fury’s win was.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back