Game Day North vs Bulldogs. Preseason game 1. Welcome back Maj.

I'd rate all of the below better than nearly everyone we have.

Attacking HBF - Whitfield, Houli, Lloyd, Williams, Laird, Saad, Sheppard, Wilson, Rich, Newman, Stack.
Lockdown/Intercept - Stewart, Haynes, Rampe, Sicily,
Combo - Hurn, Vlaustin, B.Smith, Byrne-Jones, Langdon, Mills

So Pittard or Atley might make the top 25 as it stands....

Pittard probably would.

It's not as bad as it looks - I mean, there are 18 teams, so the naive expectation is that most teams have one in the top 25, with the better teams having two.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Pittard probably would.

It's not as bad as it looks - I mean, there are 18 teams, so the naive expectation is that most teams have one in the top 25, with the better teams having two.

Well no, it's no surprise the two grand finalists have 3 x players in that list.

I was probably doing a bit of a disservice to Witherden, Howe and Maynard.

Who should all be in there and it's a trend that the top teams entire medium defensive stocks are better than our best.

GunSchwatta

Senior List
Feb 23, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always copped blowback for it but that's why I liked Mullett. He was far from a complete player but at least in his run and long kicking/goals he had WEAPONS.

I know he didn't do anything at Carlton but I honestly don't think we handled his development well (like quite a few others) - then he lost some pace due to injury and done. Was always a fan and in fact I think his best was quite impressive.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I know he didn't do anything at Carlton but I honestly don't think we handled his development well (like quite a few others) - then he lost some pace due to injury and done. Was always a fan and in fact I think his best was quite impressive.

He was very handy in 2013-14 and pretty much the only player I can recall since Turtle who could burst out of defence and score against the play.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well no, it's no surprise the two grand finalists have 3 x players in that list.

I was probably doing a bit of a disservice to Witherden, Howe and Maynard.

Who should all be in there and it's a trend that the top teams entire medium defensive stocks are better than our best.
You have nic newman on there pykie come on mate

Back