Unofficial Preview Under 23's Adelaide vs Port Thebarton Oval, Saturday February 29, 11.50am, AFC Media live stream available

Remove this Banner Ad

He got one letter wrong out of 20+ player names, for a poster who has many times pointed out his struggles with typing.

Yet once again you can't resist to put your 'mum of the board' hat on that nobody ever asks for.

Tone down the authoritarianism.
DUDE - I wasn't the one to pick out the mistake. And while he may well have posted about his struggles with typing, there are hundreds of people on this board... I don't remember everyone's story. So maybe you need to back off. Talk about pot calling the kettle black. Sheesh.

I am Not alone in this over the years I have been to a lot of workshops and there are more people out there than you think. It's just starting to be recognised, and when you add the consistent changing of the Written language,
I also know as fact that people who can read and write in several languages also make common spelling errors and correction does not help.
We have one of the hardest if not shittest languages to communicate in the World.

To be honest sometimes it a conversation killer.
You'll get no arguments from me. The english language is an arse! Also, I know intention doesn't always translate well in the written form... please understand I wasn't being authoritarian as some have suggested. ;)

No its called a mistake/error that all. Miss Spelling a name does not mean you disrespect anyone, and to be honest if we go down that path maybe we should be calling players by there First names.
Through my experiences the ones who rattle on about respect are the most disrespectful.
You actually add something to these forums worth reading, keep it up.

Reading this morning about us having to make a call on James Matthews and that this may be the crunch opportunity for him.

Liked his efforts late last year -genuinely explosive pace. Tough with all of Murphy, Stengle and McHenry running around at sub 180.

One to watch on Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he's been training with the backs primarily, but is there any chance Josh Worrell plays some of the game in the forward line this week? Seems to me the HBF spots would be pretty stitched up with Sholl and Hammil.

And at 195cm he could really stretch a defense!

Reading this morning about us having to make a call on James Matthews and that this may be the crunch opportunity for him.

Liked his efforts late last year -genuinely explosive pace. Tough with all of Murphy, Stengle and McHenry running around at sub 180.

One to watch on Saturday
He has something that those other 3 don't have, and that's genuine straight line speed.

Stengle is a jitterbug and is super quick in tight spaces, but I don't remember ever seeing him burn off a player in a straight line before. Matthews i've seen play 2 games, and he's already showed that trait on multiple occasions. Which means he has it, and more importantly he loves to use it! I'm tired of having supposedly fast players who seemingly never want to get into high gear (one of my biggest pet peeves about Milera in the early years).

For me its such a small risk vs high reward. If we sign him and he doesn't pan out he will play in our SANFL side. If we don't sign him he will be a top up player and still play in our SANFL side. May as well give the kid a shot IMO.

Just hoping to see some fast, skilled ball movement. Didn't get many (any) glimpses of it from the preseason game last week. Let's see what the kids have got.

The static, snail-paced stuff we got last season has done my head in

Just hoping to see some fast, skilled ball movement. Didn't get many (any) glimpses of it from the preseason game last week. Let's see what the kids have got.

The static, snail-paced stuff we got last season has done my head in
For me its clean ball handling. Fumbling and 2 grabbing marks is like nails on a chalkboard for me. AFL standard players should have clean hands 95% of the time.

For me its clean ball handling. Fumbling and 2 grabbing marks is like nails on a chalkboard for me. AFL standard players should have clean hands 95% of the time.
That's more just early season rust though (hopefully). Skills are going to be a bit scratchy at this time of year and I don't mind that necessarily.

It's some evidence of system / intent to take the game on and move the ball fluently that I'm after

During the season I agree with you. Clean ball handling under pressure almost KPI #1

That's more just early season rust though (hopefully). Skills are going to be a bit scratchy at this time of year and I don't mind that necessarily.

It's some evidence of system / intent to take the game on and move the ball fluently that I'm after

During the season I agree with you. Clean ball handling under pressure almost KPI #1
I'm keeping a razor close eye on Poholke for it this week. I feel like he had an almost game on the weekend. But his fumbles held him back from being clearly on the winners list.

I'm hoping that its just shaking off the rust, because I genuinely feel like when he feels comfortable at the level he can be a very good midfielder! But when he's unsure he gets prone to mistakes and indecisiveness!

Will be worth watching just for the rare opportunity to see McPherson on a football field :p
virl-bc-ca-sasquatch-e-jpg.829879

Remove this Banner Ad

Back