The Bow
The Chaser
Yellow Sea
Memoir of a Murder
Confession of Murder
Peppermint Candy
Poetry

Oh yeah and Burning.

I think South Korea has been consistently making great cinema for the last 20 years.

Quirky, touching, thoughtful, brutal and batshit crazy all in 2hrs of pure escapism, that's what Korean cinema is for me.

******* brilliant :thumbsu:

Not everyone's cup of maekolli but once sucked in hard to turn away. They actually have a very high requirement to produce local content. Think it's about 60%.

Castaway on the Moon not one that gets mentioned much but a great allegory on contemporary life there.

Not everyone's cup of maekolli but once sucked in hard to turn away. They actually have a very high requirement to produce local content. Think it's about 60%.

Castaway on the Moon not one that gets mentioned much but a great allegory on contemporary life there.

Yeah definitely.

I like the concept of local content, which probably helps to reaffirm their own identity as a people. I think it's that individuality and separate identity that makes their film making so refreshing and interesting to me. I guess I've just been pretty bored with the sheer amount of American overload in our society as a whole really.

Yeah definitely.

I like the concept of local content, which probably helps to reaffirm their own identity as a people. I think it's that individuality and separate identity that makes their film making so refreshing and interesting to me. I guess I've just been pretty bored with the sheer amount of American overload in our society as a whole really.

Very proud of their identity as a people and current standing globally. Good on 'em.
Think they have taken their American experience and said " we can do better than you " whereas we just try to copy it. I cringe every grand final entertainment, turn the sound off & prepare the snacks.

They have a great indie music scene as well behind the factory produced K-pop.

Watched "The Lighthouse", starring Willem Dafoe, and Robert Pattinson, black and white, some good, some weird, I have read positive reviews, may be popular with more "arty" types, but it didn't do much for me, 4/10 :thumbsdown:

There is a Russian movie along the same theme l think Mutts. 2 blokes, isolated radio post. Always meant to watch but never did.

Plagiarized ?

Finished watching the Pharmacist on Netflix yesterday.

Good doco. Covers drug culture in america from the point of view of a guy whose son was gunned down in a drug deal. This bloke cannot stop himeself from taking action. Driven by grief. Only three episodes so not a huge commmitment. Check it out.

Finished watching the Pharmacist on Netflix yesterday.

Good doco. Covers drug culture in america from the point of view of a guy whose son was gunned down in a drug deal. This bloke cannot stop himeself from taking action. Driven by grief. Only three episodes so not a huge commmitment. Check it out.

Well worth it Dunder and then the follow on to Purdue and the opioid crisis.
The behaviour of so-called " doctors " in a appalling cash grab to get rich quick is shameful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up to E7 of Narcos Mexico 2. It is excellent. The war on drugs ‘eh?

it’s very good. I didn’t really get into the one about Pablo Escobar, probably because I read a couple of books about it a few years ago. Narcos Mexico has really grabbed me. Is it just me or is it better then the Escobar series?

Also I listened to Ed Caldron
( https://www.edsmanifesto.com/about ) talk about the drug war which he was on the front lines of, he reckons the series El Chapo is the closest to accurate from his perspective. I’ll give that a go next

Has anyone watched The Outsider? Supposed to be awesome. Jason Bateman is fire right now.

Yeah, up to date on this one. I really like it. Superbly shot, the acting is fantastic and the story is intriguing. It's fairly obvious early on what the 'twist' is but the key characters and their development is the real story. It's no Breaking Bad but its pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back