Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

He did look pretty slim. Has he taken to Peter Siddle’s Vegan and banana diet.

I’m not convinced about him on the wing but I think half forward flank roaming up the ground on long leads as a third tall with Lobb and Tabs as the KPF could be his go.
Yeah that's where he played in the intra and played well.

He did look pretty slim. Has he taken to Peter Siddle’s Vegan and banana diet.

I’m not convinced about him on the wing but I think half forward flank roaming up the ground on long leads as a third tall with Lobb and Tabs as the KPF could be his go.

I think the wing plan has been shelved with Hogan out, if McCarthy is in the round one side he'll be playing as a forward. Spending the summer on the wing can only help from an endurance POV though.

Assuming McCarthy has done enough over the summer to get a run there's probably 5 or 6 guys jostling for that final slot in the forward line.

HF - Walters Taberner McCarthy
F - Matera Lobb Schulz/Serong/Colyer/Sturt/Switkowski/Banfield

Hopefully Hogan and Mundy are available early in the season which will make selection difficult.

Not me. You would assume that in the 20 possessions there would be a number of goal assists, especially for someone with the foot skills of Cameron.

I'd be happy with 20 possessions leading to 3 or 4 goals per game, more so than him kicking his one per game - of course both would be great!

For the record. The Copeland Medallist was the only player to average over 3.0 goals/game last year.

Only 7 players averaged over 2 goals/game.

Just for the record!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record. The Copeland Medallist was the only player to average over 3.0 goals/game last year.

Just for the record!

He means Dardy being heavily involved in 3-4 goals, e.g. can kicks 1 goal and has 2 assists

I understand the motivation for tempered expectations, but its a logic I'm just not buying into whatsoever.

The only thing low expectations do is present future roadblocks to your development IMO... regardless of how well or how badly you do, you're only ever comparing your performance (and thereby cognitively linking your performance) to the yardstick of diminished expectations.

Myself, I'd rather leave room for the guys to surprise us, and themselves, and thereby enable higher performance standards than a pessimistic approach will allow for.

Personally I place no expectations on our lads at all this year, either good or bad - I'd much rather watch and discover what they are all currently capable of, rather then try to predict, limit or pre-ordain it in some fashion.

Who knows - this season could be their finest hour for all we know. And isn't that a far more attractive and enjoyable mindset to start the year with anyway?

There's a big difference in the definition of internal and external expectations.

A fan on the outside looking in with low expectations has nil effect on the development or performance of the club. As a fan you can think what you want and there's nothing wrong with being realistic.

Of course the players, coaches and everyone internal at the club should have high expectations and have a sky's the limit attitude, if not something isn't right. Thankfully, all the noises coming out of the club this preseas o n is that this is the case.

This was my big issue with announcing a public rebuild a few years ago, it plants a seed internally that we're not expected to do that well and it's ok to lower the bar.

I think the wing plan has been shelved with Hogan out, if McCarthy is in the round one side he'll be playing as a forward. Spending the summer on the wing can only help from an endurance POV though.

Assuming McCarthy has done enough over the summer to get a run there's probably 5 or 6 guys jostling for that final slot in the forward line.

HF - Walters Taberner McCarthy
F - Matera Lobb Schulz/Serong/Colyer/Sturt/Switkowski/Banfield

Hopefully Hogan and Mundy are available early in the season which will make selection difficult.
I think we should forget about Jesse for the time being. He is out of the picture and if he does come back then its a huge bonus. I wont be holding my breath though.

One for all those Cox haters... https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/569310/-he-s-rarely-beaten-one-on-one- (also mentions Carr, looks like he is having an impact since he's been here)

I love big Cox and I'm not afraid to say it.
Cox looks slimmer with better muscle definition in that photo. He had a shocker of 2019, but prior to that I think one of his strengths was not getting beaten in aerial contests and getting the ball to ground to advantage. I am very interested to see how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you say that ?
Comments like this:
“It’s great we’ve got a lot of ex-players back at the club as well, which helps with our tradition and building the culture and what Freo’s all about.”

Just for the record!

I understand that - do people not actually read posts before responding?

I said:

You would assume that in the 20 possessions there would be a number of goal assists, especially for someone with the foot skills of Cameron.
I'd be happy with 20 possessions leading to 3 or 4 goals per game,
more so than him kicking his one per game - of course both would be great!

That was the whole thrust of my post, not that I expected him (or anyone in our team) to kick 4 to 4 goals per game.

New to BigFooty?

tenor.gif

I said:

You would assume that in the 20 possessions there would be a number of goal assists, especially for someone with the foot skills of Cameron.
I'd be happy with 20 possessions leading to 3 or 4 goals per game,
more so than him kicking his one per game - of course both would be great!

That was the whole thrust of my post, not that I expected him (or anyone in our team) to kick 4 to 4 goals per game.
I read this post and you have contradicted yourself

"I'd be happy with 20 possessions leading to 3 or 4 goals per game"

"
not that I expected him (or anyone in our team) to kick 4 to 4 goals per game."

NOW 3 GOALS ARENT ACCEPTBALE, HE HAS TO PHYSICALLY KICK 4 GOALS HIMSELF!!!

Check mate athiest

Cerra on the wing to start seems a bit weird.

Also no Young is bad, given what Hackdorn was claiming. Is this the one thing that he got right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back