Multiplat Rocket League

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone find this game unplayable lag wise on PS4? I've found it shocking for months. Ping starts at 45 then somehow jumps to 900. Drops back down to normal pings then randomly goes to s**t. Don't have this issue with most other online games, on ADSL2+ naked connection. Typical speed 9-12mbps.

Not personally but lately I've noticed more people in games starting with stupid pings before it settles down in about a minute. Probably nothing to do with the game or your personal connection but more to do with particular routing certain ISPs might be using. If that's the case it should fix itself, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Not personally but lately I've noticed more people in games starting with stupid pings before it settles down in about a minute. Probably nothing to do with the game or your personal connection but more to do with particular routing certain ISPs might be using. If that's the case it should fix itself, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Its been poor for 6 months or so now.

Ah yeah screw that, the only way of beating those nerds is by beating them at the ground game (some of them can do crazy stuff in the air then leave a lot to be desired with the basics) and getting out the back
OMG this.

I'm in D1/D2 most of the time and keep getting teammates that fly at every opportunity and have a go at me for not flying enough.

When they miss 75% of the balls they are flying for and those they do hit barely move from where the ball was going, or worse, go backwards towards our own goal I'm left scrambling around to defend.

You can do some cool things with aerials but outside of the very high levels you win more games by sticking with the basics and playing the percentages.

Flying will mostly take you out of the game for a few seconds afterwards, and leave you low on boost. I get so frustrated when the opposition flys for a ball and I can see that it is either going to miss and drop to me, or go slightly over my head to my teammate and then that team mate flys over my head from behind. Sure enough it goes slightly over my head and they run into an open goal when it should have been my team taking the ground ball forward in a 2v1.

I love being called a toxic noob................. and beating the player (8 - 3) in the process :D. Sometimes keeping things basic, is better than someone that tries to leap off the wall, or take a flying jump at the ball (and completely missing it :p).

I was 89.4% on the Nintendo Switch, dropped to 88.6%... now 88.8%. I'm 89% on pc and continue to hover around 68-70% on the Xbox. It's been months since I've touched the ps4 version!

Dockerjonz

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Benfica,Canucks
got into plat rank (3v3) for the first time yesterday- didn't last long in there:D but like what people have said on here they're great in the air but some are poor at ground level ball juggling

If anyone somewhere around D1 would like to party up later on I'll be on tonight.

I wouldn't mind finding a few people I can play with regularly rather than a chain of randoms.

My style is very defensive. I don't go for risky aerials unless I'm sure my team mate is backing up behind. I take my time to get a good hit rather than a quick hit. Trust me to get a cross in, I won't be 100%, but I get the ball across the goal face more than you'd expect and it's frustrating to see it dribble past while my teammate has crept into the corner to 'help'.

I like to let the opposition make mistakes. For example, if the ball is high above our goal near the wall I see very little point in flying for it, it's a low percentage play. One player directly in front of goal and one in midfield however, that almost guarantees a shot.

Open to 2s or 3s.

Jul 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If anyone somewhere around D1 would like to party up later on I'll be on tonight.

I wouldn't mind finding a few people I can play with regularly rather than a chain of randoms.

My style is very defensive. I don't go for risky aerials unless I'm sure my team mate is backing up behind. I take my time to get a good hit rather than a quick hit. Trust me to get a cross in, I won't be 100%, but I get the ball across the goal face more than you'd expect and it's frustrating to see it dribble past while my teammate has crept into the corner to 'help'.

I like to let the opposition make mistakes. For example, if the ball is high above our goal near the wall I see very little point in flying for it, it's a low percentage play. One player directly in front of goal and one in midfield however, that almost guarantees a shot.

Open to 2s or 3s.

You Nixeph on PS4?

Jul 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nah, I'm Niximus on Steam, or Niximus#9442 if adding via RocketID.

Happy to have a game if you think I'm up to the standard. Plat 2/Plat 3 at the moment. My success depends on whether the connection gods are smiling on me. Some nights I can fly around as I please, other nights car turns like a truck and won't adjust in air.

Back