Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri

Remove this Banner Ad

Need a big year. Was hoping he’d have more influence this year.

Still a long long way off and I’m still not sure where his best position is. Heisn’t athletic enough to be an undersize ruckman.
I think he’s best position is full forward. he’s got a good set of hands and low center of gravity.

cant see him getting in front of brown or Larkey thou.

I know he is listed at 201cm but he’d be lucky to be 198cm. I’ve seen him a doing drills with Durdin and they are about spot on the same height

I get the John Baird vibes with Xerri.

Think he’s going to be a Very solid footballer, just not AFL quality.

Hope I’m wrong.

I get the John Baird vibes with Xerri.

Think he’s going to be a Very solid footballer, just not AFL quality.

Hope I’m wrong.
He'd want to show a fair bit more in 2020. I like his aggression but want to see more than that.

Must be pretty hard for Xerri's motivation to play seniors with the re-emergence of Goldy to top form. Barring injury, chances of senior selection probably pretty slim. Improving the Forward aspect of his game is probably his best option, although candidates for that position also not short in numbers, hope he gets a taste at least this coming season.

Righto, we're very happy with his progress, he's doing a lot of work on his flexibility as in he's a bit steel like. Working very hard with Minson.

Is seen as Goldie's replacement and yes we know Xerri is a slow burn.

Looked the real deal the other day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto, we're very happy with his progress, he's doing a lot of work on his flexibility as in he's a bit steel like. Working very hard with Minson.

Is seen as Goldie's replacement and yes we know Xerri is a slow burn.

This is great! I’ve been curious about that! I like his aggressive nature and natural footy style- I’m a big fan.

Thanks for the update!!

Last edited:
He can play in Garner's spot. He doesn't kmow what a footy looks like unless has VB on it.

Xerri can provide ruck relief and a target.

Thomas to rove him

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back