Game Day Practice Match | North Melbourne v Melbourne | Feb 28th 1.10pm @Arden St. [Live on nmfc.com.au]

Remove this Banner Ad

You would. Sadly us far better and reasonable North supporters know better and just support the club.
You see, this is the thing. You don't even support the club financially. You are full of it. You are a fraud who thinks Carey couldn't even kick 50 metres. :stern look

I have gone from guenuinely excited that football is back, to it’s going to be a long year in the space of a week lol

Loooooonnnggg way to go yet mate. Have some faith, enjoy the ride.

Let’s hope so, because at the moment I have some real concerns based on what’s been dished up.
I've seen too many nothing pre season games over the years to get too worked up. I also think - for better or worse - that our top heavy, physical style & KPP based game and lack of spread and pace in the middle makes us particularly vulnerable early in seasons. Genuinely, the season is long and we haven't even started. I'd like to see more but end of the day the only games that matter are ones in the season.

Need Bailey Scott and Polec to get up for next praccy and R1

And Higgins, Jz, Cunners, LDU.. guys who get to the right place and don't need to think too much.

The guys were very hesitant and I'm sure having a good first option will make a difference.
I spoke to Polec at the fan day, he's playing the Sydney game

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can only hope that Scamper has a cunning plan and is following the traditional Sydney pre-season approach. St Kilda would be feeling fairly confident right about now. We, actually, looked better in last year’s pre-season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Scamper Meows:
baldrick-cunning-plan-gif.gif

Still trying to work out what sucks most, the game or the thread.

On the game, could it be the players struggling to transition from Scott's regimented game plan to Shaw's more individual scope to take the game on?

Having Zeibell, Cunners, Goldy, Higgins, Thomas, Polec, LDU, Brown and Larkey out not only hurts ability wise but also leadership on field.

At the moment, our forwards are struggling as our ball movement is slow and sloppy but if it is a transition thing to Shaw's game plan then that can change pretty quickly.

I am trying not to be too concerned at the moment but we'd want to show vast improvement against the Swans

I’m not sure I noticed problems with the pace of the game last week.

Pace itself was an issue as it is every week and has been for over a decade.

Also skills under no pressure were an issue. Again a decade old problem.

Maybe it’s a player thing, not a coach thing........
Two decades.

I have gone from guenuinely excited that football is back, to it’s going to be a long year in the space of a week lol

I am excited football is back. Not so much for our team. Bottom 8 me thought and our preseason has done nothing for me to think otherwise.

I am glad we have now our Trojan horse in the AFL training the next wave of coaches. It is a cunning plan.

Kept my eye on J Mac for the first half
Nothing to add, it’s all been said
After Hosie kicked a point from a set shot, Joel Crocker had to yell at J Mac to pick up a player as Melbourne was about to kick the ball into play
Fancy a 19 year old alerting a club veteran to the bleeding obvious
The more games he plays the more the Ziebull is vindicated
And to think tZ is banned from the J Mac thread
Criminal !

Our drafting has been deplorable.

Our 2015 draft picks were a big fail. Our only player still on the list is McKay.

Our 2014 wasn’t much better and reaching for NIELSON at 25 was the laughing stock pick of the draft. He was expected to go Rookie or late in the draft at best.

We reached for a HF in WALKER at 23 when he wasn’t even on the radar of most clubs while Geelong pick up Kelly at 24.

An interview I heard some 12 months ago with a Richmond scout was that outside of the first round or key position picks they are looking for small to medium players that either have speed or are as tough as nails with above average foot skills.

Our policy seems to be the complete opposite. THOMAS was gifted to us as an academy pick and JY had a serious injury at TAC level which allowed him to slip to our pick.

We need a massive clean out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our drafting has been deplorable.

Our 2015 draft picks were a big fail. Our only player still on the list is McKay.

Our 2014 wasn’t much better and reaching for NIELSON at 25 was the laughing stock pick of the draft. He was expected to go Rookie or late in the draft at best.

We reached for a HF in WALKER at 23 when he wasn’t even on the radar of most clubs while Geelong pick up Kelly at 24.

An interview I heard some 12 months ago with a Richmond scout was that outside of the first round or key position picks they are looking for small to medium players that either have speed or are as tough as nails with above average foot skills.

Our policy seems to be the complete opposite. THOMAS was gifted to us as an academy pick and JY had a serious injury at TAC level which allowed him to slip to our pick.

We need a massive clean out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Urban legend has it that Geelong was going to take Walker at 24, so we got in before them
Poor Cats got stuck with a dud called T Kelly at 24
The rest is history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back