Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am in no way comparing his playing style, or ability to either of those players or any others. The point I’m making is that if a player doesn’t meet your own lofty expectations early on in their career, it doesn’t make them a disappointment

But you know that already Saintly.

How about Adrian McAdam? After his first season, he was tracking to be the greatest player to ever exist. Didn’t quite pan out that way.

That's fine.

Can we just hold back on LDU a bit when mentioning two Brownlow winners and absolute champion players? (of which we haven't had since Carey)

LDU may achieve that. I certainly bloody hope so as we are long overdue for that quality.

If taken at number 4 and talked up as a superstar, especially when posters on here laughing at prior selections to him, I think it's reasonable to hope/expect high standards

(hopefully you are correct. Not you but LMac was a future star too and "just wait" - he is still barely best 22 and will never be anything special).

Last edited:
That's fine.

Can we just hold back on LDU a bit when mentioning two Brownlow winners and absolute champion players? (of which we haven't had since Carey)

LDU may achieve that. I certainly bloody hope so as we are long overdue for that quality.

If taken at number 4 and talked up as a superstar, especially when posters on here laughing at prior selections to him, I think it's reasonable to hope/expect high standards

(hopefully you are correct. Not you but LMac was a future star too and "just wait" - he is still barely best 22 and will never be anything special).

Wonder how Carlton feel after taking Paddy Dow? He has looked genuinely awful at stages.

The comparison to champion players is to highlight that even they take 30-40 games to get to level where they are seen to be 'stars of the competition'.

LDU has played 20 games.

IMO McDonald would be best served playing a defensive midfielder in the same mould as Jacobs.

Anyway back to Zurhaar and his putrid beginning to 2020.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop drinking the bathwater cam. If it were up to me you’d be starting in the VFL for the rocket you obviously need.
Cams one player who plays better on the edge, I’d hate for him to cross it, when playing a preseason game.
Him playing at 75% at this point isn’t the problem.

I hope so!

You get the feeling that Cam is one of those that can’t find 4/5 gear during per-season

He’s just cruising through

Come the games for points it‘S - WHITE LINE FEVER!!

Suspect he was going at cruising speed to not get rubbed out too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back