Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Been rewarded for good form and reinventing himself love his swagger helps us walk taller out on field always the first to fly the flag. Is an utter campaigner but he’s our campaigner

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Didnt Short sign on a while back?

i was feeling especially magnanimous that day
Good resignings
Short: his last contract was 500k/year I seen to recall. Cadds on OK money too. Both well worth it. Have limitations but play roles well. Short almost our best in the praccy match

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice to get a good one off Geelong.

Have to go back to Graeme Landy to think of another one. Plenty of other tries like Neeld,Sarah,Preston,Kingsley.

Shane Williams and Andy Preston were ok but came to Tigerland in our boss years from memory round 80-82 ish so had trouble getting into the side.

Agree with the sentiment that Caddy isn't your typical tough guy but he is a big hard body with smarts and good skills who can play the wing role well and I expect that he will be given a more attacking wing role this year if they are going to move Broad to the other wing to play the defensive wing role.

Good resignings
Short: his last contract was 500k/year I seen to recall. Cadds on OK money too. Both well worth it. Have limitations but play roles well. Short almost our best in the praccy match
Wonder if they are loaded towards big payouts next year to make the most of that Rance money that isn’t doing anything

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
CaddyMiers_resize.gif

Im glad to hear you think its okay to not agree. Im also glad you can see they get things wrong at times.

No one said he was soft or weak but i do think he is not the tough hard guy people here make him out to be. Also people here are using a bit of push and shove and gobbing off as him being tough and imo that is a nonsense.

On your last point theres nothing wrong with him going fwd when Martin is onball they both wont be up there at the same time.
He did prove to be a very successful fwd when played there in 2018 46 goals in a season is not to be sneezed at.
Personally i hope we develop RCD in that mid fwd rotation swapping with Dusty. At 193cm and his explosive pace he would be a handful as a fwd for any defender. There is no reason why all three could not rotate thru the fwd line imo all three when its their turn in the midfield should play on ball.

Its in this where i think Caddy has been disappointing a big slow 186cm 88kg inside mid who doesnt perform there. Playing him on a wing is imo taking games away from other options and its not as if he is overly prolific in the role. Lets be honest wing or h/b are two spots where nearly all clubs get games into younger players.
Young Options for the wing would be Stack, Bolton, Ross for starters and theres a few others as well who may demand a spot there thru the yr.
Caddy is an experienced supposedly tough inside mid who should be the one going to the coal face instead of asking kids to do it.
Instead we give him one of the kids role and no one questions this.
I agree that pushing and shoving is pretty easy to do these days but the swagger and the willing to do so is typical for a Caddy, and I guarantee you like them all he’d be a ******* tough prick and fearless. It’d be a totally natural way for him to behave and not just some bluff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Good resignings
Short's last contract would not even have been worth 500k in total, and neither will the new one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back