2020 AFLW R5 vs WB (Sun 8 Mar 1.10pm @ Morwell Recreation Reserve) - Marsh Series double header Coll vs StK

2020 AFLW R5 - COLLINGWOOD vs Western Bulldogs

DATE:
Sunday 8th March 2020
TICKETS: Ticketek (free entry with a CFC membership, booking fees apply)

GATES OPEN:
FIRST BOUNCE:
1.10pm
WHERE: Morwell Recreation Reserve

FAMILY DAY: Monday 9th March 2020, 12-3pm, West Gippsland Arts Centre, Warragul, VIC

SCORES: AFLW match centre

SOCIAL MEDIA: twitter (CFC women's), Instagram (CFC women's)

BROADCASTS:
TV: Foxtel

STREAM: womens.afl (AFLW match centre), AFLW App (android, apple)

RADIO: Nil

CLUB INFO:

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll be going to this double header. Hopefully we can get a win. Be interesting to who comes in for Ruby/Ash.

With a bit of creative scheduling, this weekend could have been a double header against the Saints at both AFL and AFLW level and set up a triple header R1 against the Doggies at AFL, AFLW and VFL by simply swapping the Friday and Saturday night games scheduled for Docklands.

With a bit of creative scheduling, this weekend could have been a double header against the Saints at both AFL and AFLW level and set up a triple header R1 against the Doggies at AFL, AFLW and VFL by simply swapping the Friday and Saturday night games scheduled for Docklands.
Giving the AFL far too much credit if you think they’re able to plan these things effectively though!

Final team.

Collingwood
B:
9. Alana Porter, 12. Stacey Livingstone
HB: 23. Lauren Butler, 22. Sophie Casey, 35. Maddie Shevlin
C: 7. Sarah Rowe, 25. Mikala Cann, 17. Steph Chiocci
HF: 24. Sophie Alexander, 4. Sarah D’Arcy, 3. Brianna Davey
F: 13. Jaimee Lambert, 2. Chloe Molloy
R: 11. Eliza Hynes, 50. Ebony O’Dea, 6. Jordyn Allen.
Int: 14. Aishling Sheridan, 1. Sharni Layton, 15. Erica Fowler, 21. Jordan Membrey, 8. Brit Bonnici.

Emergencies: Lynch and Dargan.
In: Hynes, Alexander, Shevlin and O’Dea
Out: Brazill, Schleicher, Lynch and Dargan

Its as if the commentators just woke up that Chloe Molloy can play a bit

She has been a star since the day she first set foot on a footy field
Yep, was and is my favourite players since she arrived. I love the way she bodies her opponent after a free kick or play. She loves to niggle them.:D

JB007

Cancelled
Feb 25, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great stuff girls!

I’ve had visitors for the weekend, oblivious to anything to do with footy, who’ve only just left. Now I can kick back and watch the replay. Not too early for a glass of wine?:p

I am up to number three Vicky Park........you need to catch up 😂

Naruhodo

Rookie
Jun 1, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
COLLINGWOOD vs BULLDOGS

Much better effort this week. Well done on International Women’s Day.

The forwards were on today; the midfield was very good and the defence were miserly in preventing goals to the opposition.

Our tackling today was superb. We really hunted their players today.

Overall, a very good team performance.

The loss of three players for the rest of the season demanded a better performance today and the girls gave it.

Well done girls!

Layton – A good game again today, especially around the ground. Her second and third efforts are a treat.

Molloy – Played like the Chloe we know. Broke the game open with her skill and exciting forward play in the first half. Played more carefree today and enjoyed herself out there today and it showed in her wonderful performance today.

Davey – A breakout game for the Pies today. Was everywhere and led from the front and showed great leadership today. BOG today.

D’Arcy – Was okay today. Fifth week in a row that she should have nailed one on her trusty left.

Allen – A good game. Played the extra defender when we didn’t have the breeze. Nice kicking skills again but she really needs to improve her running as it looks like she is running on the spot.

Rowe – Very good game today. She was everywhere and rewarded with a goal against the breeze that just made it.

Bonnici – Britta was very good in the first half. Was good overall actually. Happy 23rd birthday today!

Porter – Was okay although the Bulldogs player who kicked two goals against her was really talented. Her kicking is good.

Livingstone – Was okay. The Bulldog’s talls didn’t do anything because it was never down there.

Hynes – Was okay for first game this year.

Lambert – In and under and a lot of possession as usual. A good game.

Sheridan – Was okay today.

Fowler – A good game around the ground today but must be better with her tackling and jumping into players’ backs.

Chiocci – Was okay today.

Membrey – Presented well today up forward and played against the best defensive mark in the AFLW.

Casey – Was good today defensively.

Butler – Was very, very good today with her intercept marking and kicking. Stood up as a leader in the backline in the absence of Braz. Well done Butts!

Alexander – Kicked two goals in the 3rd. Good effort.

Cann – Was quiet today.

Shevlin – Welcome back Shevvy. Was okay and a good last quarter down back.

O’Dea – She must stay in this side. A tackling machine. Was great today as a run with role with the two midfield guns for the Bulldogs. She hammered them and tackled them all day long. Great effort!

Last edited:

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Congrats again girls!!! Watching you all play is providing my grand daughter and I a weekly dose of highlights. Thanks again for representing our club so well. You play as a team and its very exciting to watch.

Back