FA Cup 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Gedson gave zero fu**s for his penalty.
I really don't get why so many players take penalties like that, you're denying yourself power and pace to get past the goalkeeper

Anyways, once Lamela missed his I felt we weren't going to get there

Really needed an extra striker on the pitch today, Norwich just bottled up that central defensive area around their centre backs and we had to go out wide all the time. Aurier the only one doing anything out wide, Gedson far too predictable out on the left. An extra striker would've broken up the central area a bit imo.

I really don't get why so many players take penalties like that, you're denying yourself power and pace to get past the goalkeeper

Really needed an extra striker on the pitch today, Norwich just bottled up that central defensive area around their centre backs and we had to go out wide all the time. Aurier the only one doing anything out wide, Gedson far too predictable out on the left. An extra striker would've broken up the central area a bit imo.

Same. Penalties are simple. Pick a corner, hit it with power and you will score unless the penalty isnt placed right in the corner or the keeper pulls off a miracle save (rare).

Same. Penalties are simple. Pick a corner, hit it with power and you will score unless the penalty isnt placed right in the corner or the keeper pulls off a miracle save (rare).
Like do players over think it and think they can outsmart the keeper, or do they just mentally s**t themselves?

I thought Mourinho guaranteed trophies? Isn’t that how Spurs fans rationalised such a backwards appointment?

Mourinho is one of the all time greats but he is finished as a top level manager.
He did an Emery when he took over. Got some results in the league playing average football (credit for helping them climb the table at least) but now the results are catching up with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its mystifying really. We've got the best penalty taker in the world to learn off in Kane, yet players still try this stop start stuttery crap. We were never winning once it went to penalties

Eric Dier went into the crowd to fight a fan :tearsofjoy:
Sounds like a Spurs fan was being racist. This time towards their own player Gedson Fernandes, apparently Dier heard it and went to go have a brawl in the crowd.

Sounds like a Spurs fan was being racist. This time towards their own player Gedson Fernandes, apparently Dier heard it and went to go have a brawl in the crowd.
Good on Dier. He was actually one of very few tonight who showed something along with Skipp and Lo Celso. Gedson bar his 117th minute miss and then the penalty showed quite a bit too.

877-F7-D2-C-2674-4328-9195-37-B936011005.jpg[\IMG]

I thought Mourinho guaranteed trophies? Isn’t that how Spurs fans rationalised such a backwards appointment?

Mourinho is one of the all time greats but he is finished as a top level manager.

Still needs a summer window to mould the team. You know if he starts taking digs at Levy/board its all over. Once it gets to that stage with Mou there's inevitably a run of poor results and a sacking. Summer window is really make or break for Mou and Spurs.

Still needs a summer window to mould the team. You know if he starts taking digs at Levy/board its all over. Once it gets to that stage with Mou there's inevitably a run of poor results and a sacking. Summer window is really make or break for Mou and Spurs.
He has a free run with this broken squad until about December. A good cup run could have bought him time but if we start average/poor next season he'll be gone by Xmas

Needs to manage a national team I reckon.

I've said this before. He could take a side full of battlers, apply his tactics and go deep in a tournament. His intense personality would be easier to cope with when you're only seeing him 4-5 times a year for a week at a time. Surely he won't get another role at a big club if he fails at Spurs.

You’re nothing but a troll these days, so congratulations on that.

Im not going to totally absolve Mourinho of all blame at this stage as mistakes are being made but sensible people would acknowledge that things have gone to s**t since Kane and Son got injured. Trolls probably won’t mention that fact though

Mourinho on Dier
“If the club discipline Eric Dier I would not agree with it, but what he did was wrong.”

“The people that are in these privileged positions by the tunnel. Of course some are Tottenham fans but I think a lot of corporate, a lot of invitation, a lot of people with special status and probably it’s the place of the stadium where I sometimes have doubts over if they are the real Tottenham fans because these [real fans] are the ones who support the boys until the last.

“This person insulted Eric, this family was there. The young brother was not happy with the situation and then Eric, I repeat did what we professionals cannot do, but did something that probably we would do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back