Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find the 2020 afl discussion thread so instead of still using the 2019 one i thought i wuld do this.

Bradley Hill
He cost them plenty but he's already proving to be a more than worthwhile acquisition. The three-time premiership Hawk and former Docker slotted in seamlessly in his first game as a Saint, moving the ball 18 times and blitzing through the midfield with his trademark speed. He gave them a look inside 50 six times, headed only by Dan Butler, and with the team clearing 100 points for just the third time in the past year, showed just how valuable his outside speed and skill will be, especially when Zak Jones and Dan Hannebery are there to help dig the ball out. - Jennifer Phelan

another head knock sympton
I am almost at the belief we should stop the bump

Better to strictly police the rules they have now ( ie Crouch's bump on Oliver ).
If you ban the bump every game will be umpires stopping play for any little body contact, saying it was a bump and everyone will be arguing whether it was a bump or not.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Should also outlaw the duck. Unless the player is bending over to collect the ball it should be a free for ducking!

Should also outlaw the duck. Unless the player is bending over to collect the ball it should be a free for ducking!

The way i see it, if a player ducks into a head contact , and its proven that he did it after a review, he should lose the same weeks as any other person causing head contact. It sounds stupid , penalising someone for their own head injury but i think it makes sense.
You are not allowed to purposely hit your head.
It would eliminate the blight from the game . ( not referring to Malcolm ).

Yep. Wrapped for him. Stupid that he was steak knives.

69% time on ground, 6 i50, heap of score involvements.

Go the GOAT, stick it right up em
And 48% DE, don't forget.

And 48% DE, don't forget.

And wide open spaces so he can stare into the void and ponder moving into a position to link in play.

I kid of course, good luck to the man, going from 1 flag club to no flag club in his quest to not look fat in purple.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We were having a discussion on the suns board about some of the sports betting agencies AFL markets. Particularly related to suns players.

Interested to see that Max King is $51 to win the Coleman whilst Ben King is $251 dollars.

Max was more highly rated in their draft year and will play in a team that will win more games and kick more goals
Ben has played 14 games and built some form at the back end of the year kicking 12 goals in the last 6 games.

There is zero chance either of them win the Coleman, but I find the disparity in the odds kind of amusing.

Jan 26, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey Everyone

I'm unsure which threat to post this in so mods, please feel free to move it accordingly.

I am doing a series on the other clubs in the competition with the idea being to understand how they play and what is needed to beat them; for our Carlton fan channel.

Thought it would be a good discussion point and it's always interesting to get feedback outside our Carlton bubble. Saint Kilda have a place in my heart as my Eldest and my Wife are both massive Saint Girls!

Cheers and Best of luck for 2020

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Grumpy old man rant (where are you Plugger!!!)

Does anybody else think the new set up for the AFL website is absolutely shite!!!! It looks like they think that EVERYONE in the world has the attention span of an ant and can't read more than 3 sentences before their brain explodes.

It's like they think people are so stupid that after taking 3 lines to report that player X did an ankle they need to add a photo to help the punter understand what they just read.

Virtually unreadable magazine crap!!!

We were having a discussion on the suns board about some of the sports betting agencies AFL markets. Particularly related to suns players.

Interested to see that Max King is $51 to win the Coleman whilst Ben King is $251 dollars.

Max was more highly rated in their draft year and will play in a team that will win more games and kick more goals
Ben has played 14 games and built some form at the back end of the year kicking 12 goals in the last 6 games.

There is zero chance either of them win the Coleman, but I find the disparity in the odds kind of amusing.
Odds are determined by how much money people are putting on it rather than any kind of logic. Massive hype = more nuffies putting money on him which makes the odds go down. If he played for Collingwood it would be even lower.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Odds are determined by how much money people are putting on it rather than any kind of logic. Massive hype = more nuffies putting money on him which makes the odds go down. If he played for Collingwood it would be even lower.
That will dictate fluctuations in the market.
This is how the market opened.

This is finally the year we see Geelong & Hawthorn take a serious dive down the ladder & wont come up for air for a number of years!

Your post brought a warming of my heart triggering.

I hope 1,000 times over that your right.

I'd be a very happy punter if both clubs sank down the ladder.

Does anybody else think the new set up for the AFL website is absolutely shite!!!! It looks like they think that EVERYONE in the world has the attention span of an ant and can't read more than 3 sentences before their brain explodes.

It's like they think people are so stupid that after taking 3 lines to report that player X did an ankle they need to add a photo to help the punter understand what they just read.

Can someone give me a TLDR for this post please.

PS/ I still love you pebbles!

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda

I'm starting to think they're contractually obliged to make the website worse year on year. Every single year the changes they make just don't make any sense. The AFL app gets worse every single year, too.
Every year, without doubt.

Yours truly facing his own mental struggles 😟

durUuJZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back