Podcast The Heat Room - Gold Coast Suns Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

new episode

Much better episode this week now they devoted it to the Suns and not half to Gaz.
Interesting Tom Boswell stated Jon Haines said Sam Flanders is not injured, just having his loads managed and they expect to roll him out in the Marsh Series second game against the Crows. Still unsure if Izak will be selected.Surprised they both think Hanley is a lock for best 22.

Much better episode this week now they devoted it to the Suns and not half to Gaz.
Interesting Tom Boswell stated Jon Haines said Sam Flanders is not injured, just having his loads managed and they expect to roll him out in the Marsh Series second game against the Crows. Still unsure if Izak will be selected.Surprised they both think Hanley is a lock for best 22.
A few interesting insights given there and I thought it was definitely worth listening to for any Suns fan. The one I found most interesting was when Boswell revealed that John Haines had told him that Greenwood had been a very positive influence on Brodie and that learning from him may allow Will to take his game to the next level. I hope he's right!

They also let the cat of the bag late in the podcast by confirming 'special guests' who will join them in upcoming podcasts will be Suns players and coaches. I'm very interested to hear the insights from the players themselves and I can't wait for them to release one of those podcasts. We simply don't get that kind of access to our players outside of traditional media and I think we're in a fortunate position now to have an outlet that is allowing us more access to our club. I would encourage everyone to send more questions to these guys and tell any other supporters you know to give it a listen because you can already tell it's getting better from episode 1 to episode 2 now that they have added the video element. The hosts mentioned they were pleased with how episode 1 went so it sounds like they're keen to keep it going and we as fans should be supporting that IMO.

They answered the question on re-signing of Fiorini, Collins, Anderson, Rowell. According to Haines - Fiorini and Collins shortly. Anderson and Rowell - the same as King and Luko - up to them when ready.

Last edited:
I’d love to listen this on Apple podcasts. Sound cloud annoys me
spoken to tom boswell about this and it seems it is unlikely as the bulletin wants to use it as a tool to get people onto their site ill be surprised if soundcloud support lasts aswell. from a buisness sense the more traffic on the bulletin site the better.

spoken to tom boswell about this and it seems it is unlikely as the bulletin wants to use it as a tool to get people onto their site ill be surprised if soundcloud support lasts aswell. from a buisness sense the more traffic on the bulletin site the better.
I tried to listen to it in the car today and it kept stopping.. so I just turned it off

I tried to listen to it in the car today and it kept stopping.. so I just turned it off
I think that is tied to a screen timeout if using a browser. I have the same problem with the Suns members podcast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tobin kissing Evans’ butt for the whole episode lol
It’s a professional podcast hosted by two guys that work in the industry.
It’s not a couple of armchair quarterbacks doing a podcast from the bedroom with no repercussions for what they say.
I thought they asked very good questions and Mark did a good job in answering most of them in this tough time for the club.

But gee he’s also a good spin doctor haha the main thing I took away from the interview is that Suns have the two best people we could ask for fighting for our great little club in Evans and The Coch

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the podcast.
Tobin just seems like a bit of a knob to me though.

First episode he was like ah.. I can't believe you've convinced me to come on, don't know if we're going to make a second episode etc etc.. bit too cool for school. Since then he's like "welcome back I'm your host and joining me is Tom Boswell"

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the podcast.
Tobin just seems like a bit of a knob to me though.

First episode he was like ah.. I can't believe you've convinced me to come on, don't know if we're going to make a second episode etc etc.. bit too cool for school. Since then he's like "welcome back I'm your host and joining me is Tom Boswell"

They obviously are going off a run sheet so maybe they decided he would be the anchor and Tom answers the questions as he is the more informer journalist

Anyone else notice Cochrane was wearing a Rolling Stones shirt in this podcast? Perhaps an indication that the rumoured concert at Metricon is going to become a reality?

After listening to this interview I can't help but think Tony is an incredible asset for our club. The Austworld Centre was his project - he brought it to life and got us out of those pathetic demountables which is going to really serve our club well both now and in the future. You only have to look at how hard it's been for the Lions to secure new training facilities to understand the amount of work that goes into these projects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back