News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

EB are closing down stores and creating EB + Zing hybrid stores.

This was always going to happen. They couldn't stay competitive with the department stores who can consistently sell games for less than RRP and make up the losses in other areas like JB do.

Just on this, has anybody else pre-ordered a game at one of the stores only to rock up a couple of weeks later to notice the store is all boarded up? No signs, no communications, no contact.

I've messaged the website asking what the deal is for my April pre-order. *crickets*

wait hwat.

Sooo... I've lost my money & pre-order?
Talk to EB games on twitter, that seems to be the only way I get a response from them.

Reading the article it looks like it was coming for a while. Also sounds like any GTA 6 will be a long way away.

I think GTA 6 being ages away is expected but I also wouldn't be shocked if they dropped something this year news wise.

GTA peaked at SA anyway. It's been all downhill since then with IV being complete s**t and 5 being just a good game. Time for a new IP. Or Bully 2.

Aren't they working on that medieval game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know where to put this but don't think it needs a new thread. Just saw this posted in a gaming facebook group. Surely this thing doesn't actually do anything?

What other games have last that long? Not talking franchises, just titles.

Eh, CS:GO came out in 2012. CS is 20 years old but CS:GO is technically the 4th game in the series.

Still a mammoth achievement but more and more popular games will have that kind of shelf life with the games as a service model.

GTA peaked at SA anyway. It's been all downhill since then with IV being complete s**t and 5 being just a good game. Time for a new IP. Or Bully 2.

I would rather play play GTA London then that garbage game San Andreas and GTA IV was probably one of the most underrated in the series.

I would rather play play GTA London then that garbage game San Andreas and GTA IV was probably one of the most underrated in the series.

Strong post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back