MMA-UFC UFC 248: Adesanya vs Romero | 7 March 2020 | Sunday (Australia time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Israel split decision but his stock didn't go up or down after that fight regardless of the decision.

Despite what people feel about the decision of Rob's fight with Yoel, shows how tough Rob is.

Yoel leaving the octagon with way too much energy left.

Yeah, he really should have launched the Cuban missiles in that last round. Much easier to say than do though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romero reckons he was pushing the pace???

I think he is right.

He was the one coming forward. He was the one pushing. Adesanya content to sit back, back away or throw the leg kick. Hardly a wild claim from Yoel.

Romero you just stood there. You can't complain about the other guy

Both of them complained about the other.

Both of them were responsible for that.

Both of them should show a bit more humility.

how did one judge have it 4 rounds to 1 for Adesanya?

1 Yoel.

3 and 4 Adesanya.

2 and 5 were 50/50.

Could have given both 2 and 5 to Adesanya.

I think the decision was fine. I had no issue with the fight. Standing and banging with Whittaker is a different thing than standing and banging with Yoel.

If Adesanya didn't keep his distance and got KO'd, we'd be hearing that he should have moved around more. Can't please everyone.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Romero you just stood there. You can't complain about the other guy

Izzy didn’t do any better. Leg kicks with less intent than Hookers shouldn’t be counted as strikes. It was 5 significant strikes to2 in Yoels favour for the entire fight.

I think the decision was fine. I had no issue with the fight. Standing and banging with Whittaker is a different thing than standing and banging with Yoel.

If Adesanya didn't keep his distance and go KO'd, we'd be hearing that he should have moved around more. Can't please everyone.

And the same for Yoel for those saying he should have utilised his wrestling more. If he went in and got tagged, we'd be speaking about the fact Israel can strike from almost any angle.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
The worst thing about all of that was Paulo Costa leaving the arena as soon as the main event finished.

what the * are you doing? You’ve flown half way across the world to call out the guy,he’s about to cut a promo on you and you’re out of there!

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The worst thing about all of that was Paulo Costa leaving the arena as soon as the main event finished.

what the fu** are you doing? You’ve flown half way across the world to call out the guy,he’s about to cut a promo on you and you’re out of there!
He possibly got asked to leave.
I think he wanted to enter the octagon.

What's next for Yoel? Too many contenders in the division for a rematch (Costa, Till, Whittaker, Gastellum, etc.). Back to gatekeeping?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back