AFLW A proud supporter of AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
It is with much sadness and frustration I note that the Herald Sun have closed comments on all AFLW articles due to trolling.

Embarrassingly for someone who in three weeks will become a proud Australian citizen this was drawn to my attention by family members living in the UK because it was an article on the BBC news.

So I wanted to start a thread to simply say I am a proud supporter of AFLW. I’ve attended a few games with my 10 year old daughter who also loves it and prefers it to the men’s game and loves going to Freo Oval.

If you want to share your support for AFLW then please reply.

If you want to troll or casually undermine the game then I’m sure there are plenty of other threads you can comment on (maybe start with the ‘rule changes to improve scoring‘ thread).

I hope in a few weeks this thread might have a set of other supportive comments. I fear it will all go to s**t though...

It is with much sadness and frustration I note that the Herald Sun have closed comments on all AFLW articles due to trolling.

Embarrassingly for someone who in three weeks will become a proud Australian citizen this was drawn to my attention by family members living in the UK because it was an article on the BBC news.

So I wanted to start a thread to simply say I am a proud supporter of AFLW. I’ve attended a few games with my 10 year old daughter who also loves it and prefers it to the men’s game and loves going to Freo Oval.

If you want to share your support for AFLW then please reply.

If you want to troll or casually undermine the game then I’m sure there are plenty of other threads you can comment on (maybe start with the ‘rule changes to improve scoring‘ thread).

I hope in a few weeks this thread might have a set of other supportive comments. I fear it will all go to s**t though...

Negative comments on mens sport = ok
Negative comments on womens sport = trolling

got it!

Hi BarbieITFC you’ll find a supporter in me as well.

It’s a shame the HUN turned off comments and I do hope this isn’t the way we go.

Meanwhile you keep supporting and taking your young one to the games and enjoy it!

It’s any wonder the AFLW is going no where when there are commentators with absolutely no idea. I don’t get why Abbey Holmes is deemed to have any idea. Didn’t she play in NT and in a club that smashed sides each week and there was only 3 or 4 teams in the comp? She’s as qualified as her current boyfriend

It’s any wonder the AFLW is going no where when there are commentators with absolutely no idea. I don’t get why Abbey Holmes is deemed to have any idea. Didn’t she play in NT and in a club that smashed sides each week and there was only 3 or 4 teams in the comp? She’s as qualified as her current boyfriend
Going nowhere, is it. What a baseless, narrow-minded, facile judgment. I'll take Abbey's contributions to AFLW over yours, thanks.

Going nowhere, is it. What a baseless, narrow-minded, facile judgment. I'll take Abbey's contributions to AFLW over yours, thanks.
2nd comment deleted - no need to pursue it further imo

It’s apparent the poster started this account for the purpose of attacking explayers. Pretty cowardly.

I am probably enjoying the women’s game more this year because my team is performing well, but this weekend I made the choice to go and see Fremantle play Brisbane at Freo rather than the more local (for me) preseason derby at Joondalup. Could only go to one this weekend, I’m glad I chose AFLW.

It’s apparent the poster started this account for the purpose of attacking explayers. Pretty cowardly.

I am probably enjoying the women’s game more this year because my team is performing well, but this weekend I made the choice to go and see Fremantle play Brisbane at Freo rather than the more local (for me) preseason derby at Joondalup. Could only go to one this weekend, I’m glad I chose AFLW.
Majority of these forums is about having a crack. Not sure why my last post was deleted.... I’m tipping it hit a truth nerve!

Majority of these forums is about having a crack. Not sure why my last post was deleted.... I’m tipping it hit a truth nerve!
No mate.

It was a pathetic post suited for social media and not here.

Enjoy your stay here at Bigfooty, although I fear it may be short lived .

Im a woman and i can't stand AFLW in it's current form, at the end of the day the AFL is an entertainment industry and the womens games simply aren't very entertaining IMO.

Im a woman and i can't stand AFLW in it's current form, at the end of the day the AFL is an entertainment industry and the womens games simply aren't very entertaining IMO.

Hopefully you'll be back when it becomes a fully fledged professional sport that is entertaining for all :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back