EPL Matchday 29

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
People will accuse me of trolling and that’s fine, but it’s pretty evident United are now rising rapidly. Next season may be too soon for them though admittedly, but much of that depends on the upcoming window. The other question is have liverpool already peaked? The hunger and desire will lessen now and they themselves may need a few faces to keep that hunger burning. Liverpool returning to the summit of English football is the best thing that could have happened to United in a way. It’s going to reenergise that club. Can only see another United era coming up

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
People will accuse me of trolling and that’s fine, but it’s pretty evident United are now rising rapidly. Next season may be too soon for them though admittedly, but much of that depends on the upcoming window. The other question is have liverpool already peaked? The hunger and desire will lessen now and they themselves may need a few faces to keep that hunger burning. Liverpool returning to the summit of English football is the best thing that could have happened to United in a way. It’s going to reenergise that club. Can only see another United era coming up
I agree with some of your post. The idea that any club in England could dominate an era died when SAF retired imo. Managers tend to burn out too quickly these days and lose the dressing room.

If we nail our signings and start being more clinical against the bottom half teams then we should be entrenched in the top 4 next season. I hope you are right though!

I think we're two to three good signings away from challenging and most would agree with that. We add Sancho and Grealish and things look very nice but would think we'd still need a CB of the highest quality. Still plenty of deadwood that needs to be shipped off.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think we're two to three good signings away from challenging and most would agree with that. We add Sancho and Grealish and things look very nice but would think we'd still need a CB of the highest quality. Still plenty of deadwood that needs to be shipped off.
How would you line up with those two in the team?

Grealish next to Bruno, or on the left?

How would you line up with those two in the team?

Grealish next to Bruno, or on the left?

I'd think Grealish would have to play on the left, rotating with Bruno. I suppose a lot depends on what Pogba does as well.

CP28

Debutant
Oct 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Norwood, LFC
Everton reeks of piss poor players mate.

Davies, Sigurdsson, Sidibe, Schneiderlin, Keane, Tosun etc etc.

So much wasted money and now that we've wasted it all, FFP is going to bite us in the bum. It's hard to be optimistic, even with Carlo at the helm when we are strapped by FFP. Fair play my ass, more like secure the Top 6 no chance any team can compete with them.

Thats one way to look at it, or going by your post, you just need to invest your money in better players. Liverpool didn't have the financial clout of 3 other clubs but we found a platform where our recruits - Whether top $ or the shrewd cheaper ones - All gave us something and we weren't carrying any of them (well you could argue Keita). Most clubs just can't afford to carry dead weight so I'm not trying to knock the Toffs. It's doable as Leicester and (to a lesser degree) Liverpool have shown, but obvs it's not easily done.

You reckon he stays or goes?

And would you want him to stay or go?

An interested Pogba needs to stay, a disinterested Pogba needs to go.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Please go into more detail on why another United era is coming up. Should be a great read. Haha

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Just two of three signings and you cut a 40 point gap to suddenly challenge for the league.

If anybody wants to challenge for the league next season the one thing that must happen is we have to come back to the pack. 97 points last season. We will probably excel that this season. We don't plan on going anywhere.

So challengers would have to become really bloody good. Can't see that out of United. They just have too many s**t players.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Just two of three signings and you cut a 40 point gap to suddenly challenge for the league.

If anybody wants to challenge for the league next season the one thing that must happen is we have to come back to the pack. 97 points last season. We will probably excel that this season. We don't plan on going anywhere.

So challengers would have to become really bloody good. Can't see that out of United. They just have too many s**t players.
Winning back to back leagues is very difficult. Players get tired, bored, old, want new challenges, etc.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Thats one way to look at it, or going by your post, you just need to invest your money in better players. Liverpool didn't have the financial clout of 3 other clubs but we found a platform where our recruits - Whether top $ or the shrewd cheaper ones - All gave us something and we weren't carrying any of them (well you could argue Keita). Most clubs just can't afford to carry dead weight so I'm not trying to knock the Toffs. It's doable as Leicester and (to a lesser degree) Liverpool have shown, but obvs it's not easily done.
Yeah, shrewd buys at 150m for a keeper and a defender. Another two shrewd 50m buys on Keita and Fabinho (each). Shrewd investing.

FMD Liverpool fans are delusional. Listening to them you'd think every player was either bought for £1m or an academy player.. of which they have just 1 in the regular first team squad.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Please go into more detail on why another United era is coming up. Should be a great read. Haha
You can’t keep a club that size down forever. They’re coming and we all know it. Obviously I do feel for you but those are the breaks, and you’ve made a bit of hay while the sun shined. You’ve had a good run mate (providing the virus doesn’t intervene obviously)

Back